Author Topic: Midway Space invaders help!  (Read 2062 times)

ronnie dent

• View Profile
Midway Space invaders help!
« on: August 06, 2015, 09:59:09 AM »
I need some advice and help please to fix this board! bit of a long story but here goes, the game was working but had some dots top right which would come and go or it would get dots all over the screen and go mad then reset, or at the same time the invaders would step down rapid like without moving left to right. But then it might work fine for hours?

Anyway thinking it was a ram issue I bought a braze kit for it and fitted it today it passed the ram test and worked great for about an hour then the above started happening but it would still reset and pass the ram test etc. But now it constantly resets with the braze fitted it just goes over the screen test and never reaches ram test? so I removed the braze kit and it will show the start screen " let's play space invaders" as soon as that is written it resets and does the same thing over and over? All the voltages read good I even checked the 5v on one of the chips, I have replaced the cpu socket today and even tried another cpu! so I'm stuck now! not sure what to check? any advice welcome and appreciated as I'm on a downer what with the Asteroids Deluxe not working eitherOuch

Thanks Ronnie