Author Topic: WTB: NTSC NES, frontloader  (Read 3653 times)

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
WTB: NTSC NES, frontloader
« on: July 12, 2015, 02:22:00 PM »
Unfortunately the PAL NES can't be modded to display NTSC games in their full glory, being 60Hz. That's why I 'need' to have a NTSC NES.

I know, Ebay has lots of them, but prices are pretty high and shipping is a dealkiller anyway. 

The NES must be working 100% and with at least one NTSC NES controller. With or without power adapter, box not needed either and cosmetic state is also less important. I just want to play games the NES will not be on display.  ;D

Who can help me to get an avordable one?

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: WTB: NTSC NES, frontloader and a NTSC 2600
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 01:01:48 PM »
Bump.

And I added a NTSC Atari 2600 in my quest. 

I do have PAL versions of both, but playing US games in 'NTSC speed (60Hz) is so much nicer, especially after RGB modding both consoles (Yes, the 2600 can also be RGB modded, that is, in a few weeks when the RGB board for the A2600 will be available).

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Re: WTB: NTSC NES, frontloader
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 09:27:41 PM »
I have a NTSC 2600 (by stupid luck, bought it locally from marktplaats and the nice lady said (when I picked it up) that her dad had brought it over from the U.S....at first I didn't know what to think but I bought it anyway and in the end I was actually very happy about it since it can display more colors in NTSC. Not sure if the game speed is any different on the 2600 though....of course you do need NTSC games for the 2600 but a Hamonry cartridge solves that nicely....

Mr.Atari kindly modded it to composite video and repaired it while he was at it since it turned out it was defecitve....

I feel RGB is a bit overkill for 2600....but I haven't seen it in person so I'll have to wait my judgement I guess....at least RGB is a big mod while composite is quite simple.

Getting stuff from the U.S. Is always possible but also quite expensive these days....I'd love to add an Atari 400 and 1200XL to my collection but the shipping is killing.....

Good luck my friend hope you get lucky !

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 01:00:55 PM »
Uh? Yeah. How could I have missed the Eurocade flea market topic!  :o

Could you should me a PM with your quotation, please.  :D

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2015, 02:00:46 PM »
Ok, done  ;)

funkycochise

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2015, 06:49:16 AM »
Unfortunately the PAL NES can't be modded to display NTSC games in their full glory, being 60Hz. That's why I 'need' to have a NTSC NES.

I know, Ebay has lots of them, but prices are pretty high and shipping is a dealkiller anyway. 

The NES must be working 100% and with at least one NTSC NES controller. With or without power adapter, box not needed either and cosmetic state is also less important. I just want to play games the NES will not be on display.  ;D

Who can help me to get an avordable one?
what about a japanese one. The Famicom av is really nice, Rgb moddable.
small and far more affordable than ugly us version.
look after yamatoku sales on ebay.

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2015, 07:13:51 AM »
No thanks, personally I hate the looks of the Famicon. And the NES frontloader is easier too RGB-mod. Besides, I already have a spare RGB kit for a frontloader and I don't want to spend extra money for the needed additional Famicon parts.  :)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2015, 11:31:48 AM »
Really ??

I don't think I ever realized how cute the Famicom looked until I saw one for the first time in real life at the Before Mario exhibition at RGE last year. LOVE it.
Compact, cute and they way you can store the controllers is awesome. The only flaw are the arrow stickers with text which hurt the looks a bit IMHO.
Never liked the looks of the NES, looks like a block of concrete and the cartridge mechanism......well I don't have to explain :D

But the NES case looks to have more space for modding for sure...and if you already have the parts......

I'd thought the Japanese NES would be more expensive than the US one. Can you get a multi-cart for it ?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 11:33:52 AM by Level42 »

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2015, 04:18:04 PM »
Really ??

Yes, really. Just a matter of personal taste, I guess, like with cars.  ;)

Can you get a multi-cart for it ?

Yes, you can.