Author Topic: <<< Game valuation / Price discussions >>>  (Read 34147 times)

kralleman

• View Profile
Re: <<< Game valuation / Price discussions >>>
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2017, 05:36:06 PM »
Hi!
I am looking to buy a Segasa Dog Fight but I don't want to rip the seller off. Any idea on what it is worth (working/non-working)?

EDIT: To clarify, condition is unknown except for what is in the picture. It should be complete but it is unknown whether it is working or not.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 05:39:27 PM by kralleman »

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2017, 06:02:08 PM »
Hi!
I am looking to buy a Segasa Dog Fight but I don't want to rip the seller off. Any idea on what it is worth (working/non-working)?

EDIT: To clarify, condition is unknown except for what is in the picture. It should be complete but it is unknown whether it is working or not.

Such games usually go for very cheap as the demand is verrrrry low for theses. I would say 50-150€...

Pinge

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2017, 06:34:46 PM »
hey you got picture, looks a bit cloudy though *trollfacesmiley*
- Always looking for Playchoice & Mega-Tech -

Sivak

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2017, 05:55:39 PM »
Hi, I´m looking to buy a Ms. Pac Man Cocktail with non working monitor. What would be a reasonable offer?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128531310@N02/35943171436/in/album-72157650454373938/

Thanks in advance.

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2017, 02:04:19 PM »
I'd say between 400$ and 500$ but the prices have gone through the roof lately.

Sivak

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2017, 08:15:21 PM »
I'd say between 400$ and 500$ but the prices have gone through the roof lately.

Many thanks!

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2017, 10:03:31 PM »
I can't believe I put all this work in my post above and for what?
Not a single answer!!!
I guess this means I'm not one of the 10 DLF members who are only answering to each other.
If I don't get an answer by tonight, I will leave the forum. >:(
...plus I will ritually burn a classic cab in my garden.

I will only come back from time to time whenever I'll have a question about arcade stuff.

LOL Chris, you Sound like a n00b, tbh i did not see your post till now

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2017, 10:22:10 PM »
:)))) There was some "drama" around in the forum at that time, I was referring to that :)

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2017, 12:31:21 PM »
:)))) There was some "drama" around in the forum at that time, I was referring to that :)

Ah, sorry, thought you reffered to this topic  :)

namfreak

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2018, 05:56:58 PM »
Sega After Burner II upright

Time has come to find my Sega Afterburner 2 a new loving home. Why am I letting it go? This was one of my Holy Grail cabs, having spent a lot of cash on it as a kid, but with a 10+ years of ownership I’m now hankering after an older vertical shooter.
I like to think of a collection of arcade games as constantly fluid, this being a case in point.
I wanted to find a really nice one in the first place, not some restoration project and this one doesn’t disappoint.
It has the benefits of being a very nice example to begin with, and then being owned subsequently by 2 arcade enthusiasts
Past history:
This was placed in seasonal use in caravan park in Norfolk, and so it escaped the usual seaside / town centre arcade abuse
It was then purchased privately in 2001 and sat in a home gamesroom. I purchased it in 2007.
It’s in full working order and the coin counter shows 59,493 plays
Good points:
Really good side art and T moulding
Really good silver monitor mask, monitor plexi and decals
Crisp, clear, colourful monitor that has not yet required a rebuild
Very nice joystick and control buttons
Cabinet structure really good
All original inside – has not been hacked about with
Full set of keys
Cleaned inside and out
Lots of spare parts
Detailed log of past history and work since in my ownership (5 pages)

Bad points:
3” chunk out of lower right corner of cabinet. It’s never really bothered me and so I never got round to repairing it
RH jet decal is missing

Work to cab:
When I took charge of the cab the Warning and Lock On lights didn’t work. On closer inspection there was no lamps behind the mask! The correct Sega lamps were sourced from Andy Geezer at Sega Shed (and there are 3 spare ones stored in the cabinet) and the relevant fuse was changed to enable them

The warning light lenses were cracked and mismatched. I sourced new matching lenses from Video Game Parts in the USA and fitted to the monitor mask.
A few genuine Sega security screws have been fitted where they were missing.
Spare Parts:
•     Complete wiring harness with all plugs, transformers, PSU, Solid State Relay boards and Sound Amp
•     NOS monitor mask decals, instruction plate, yellow start button from Video Game Parts in USA
•     Replacement Solid State Relays
•     Reproduction side art decals made by David Garcia (Mikonos) from Spain purchased via his “Declarts” website
•     NOS potentiometers, joystick switches and springs – found in cabinet when purchased
•     Original Sega After Burner manual
•     Original Hantarex MTC 9000 monitor manual
•     Flyback (boxed) and cap kit (bagged) for Hantarex 9000
It currently plays via the service switch inside the coin door, where I press for multiple coin ups. It’s been stored in a temperature controlled gamesroom
It is totally original and has not been fully restored. I’ve resisted restoring it over the years as it doesn’t really need it.
So there it is, a good honest cab that has been cared for and maintained to full working order, with spare parts for the future and a fair bit of interesting history (full history supplied to buyer)
It’s located in Wolverhampton in the West Midlands. I’d recommend pick up or Martin the Delivery Man. At a push I could deliver in my estate car for a fee to be agreed.
It’s very nice cab that has been indulged great care and comes with a host of spare parts that in themselves are worth hundreds.
I’ve seen others on ebay that always seem to be flawed – either badly damaged side art, monitor mask or missing the curved smoked monitor plexi/ As you can see this is neither.

Whilst I know what I paid for it 10 years ago and what I’ve spent on the spares and side art, I’m seeking the community’s thoughts on a fair valuation of the cab and all the parts that would come with the sale – reflecting current market value.

If anyone can give me guidance on how to upload photos to this forum I have many images I can post
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 06:05:14 PM by namfreak »

namfreak

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2018, 09:52:40 PM »
RESTORED dedicated SPACE ACE

Might be time to find my RESTORED dedicated Space Ace a new home.

As fans of the Laser Disc genre will know, this was released in 1984 following 1983’s success of Dragon’s Lair. Space Ace was made by the same animator that produced Dragon’s lair (Don Bluth) and features amazing full blown animation on a laser disc.

This version is very rare in that it is in it’s own “dedicated” cabinet (some call the style “inverted”)
Often you see Space Ace’s in the same style cabinet as Dragon’s lair – either as originals or having been converted from a Dragons lair.

Past history:
Purchased as a wreck from Vectorman (John Yates) form the USA in 2004, missing many parts
Imported to the UK as part of a 40’ container load
Subject to a very detailed restoration process over 2 years. As a result this is now one of the best examples of this machine out there – possibly better than factory!

Good points:
What can I say, it received a full restoration!
Due to cabinet damage and mismatched vinyl coverings, the cab was split apart back to “flat pack” state as part of the resto. One individual within the community didn’t agree with this approach at the time, claiming it spoiled originality. You decide!

Repaired original panels and newly made panels (using originals as patterns to copy from) were all covered in Bison Black vinyl. As the original blocking was destroyed in splitting the cab apart, new blocking was stapled into place. A new back door had to be fabricated.

New T moulding and NOS side art (specific to the dedicated cabinet) was sourced from the USA

Rebuilt Electrohome G07 monitor chassis installed as the cab originally came with only the tube!

PCB was rebuilt with new capacitors. The game currently operates using a Sony LDP laserdisc player which utilises a Hi tech conversion card to allow compatibility with the original hardware
Still runs on US 110V using an external step down transformer
Original wiring harness that thankfully has not been hacked about with

The original steel control panel was badly bent and so a small production run was made from a local metal press shop to make a replacement available. Officially licensed repro CPO was applied to the CP and the CP wiring harness rebuilt.

New Wico redball joystick and buttons to CP

Coin door, CP, marquee rails, coach bolts all repainted in Plasti Kote satin black

Full set of keys
Cleaned inside and out
Detailed log of past history and work since in my ownership (18 pages)

Bad points:
I can’t think of any. This was restored with the intention of it being a minter – to do justice to an already rare machine. I do believe the finish on this machine is better than factory.

Work to cab:
Extensive. There was a restoration thread on J+ but that’s now sadly gone. This is one of the best out there.
I kept a detailed restoration log of all the work which can be discussed with any genuinely interested parties, and would of course be supplied to any new owner.

It currently set for Free Play. It’s been stored in a temperature controlled gamesroom

So there it is, a beautiful and very honest cab that is a piece of arcade history. It’s been indulged great lengths in it’s restoration and care and has been maintained to the highest working order.

So despite the time, effort and money I’ve ploughed into it, I’m seeking the community’s thoughts on a fair valuation of the cab – reflecting current market value.

baritonomarchetto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2018, 06:48:27 AM »
You have my three most iconic games in a row up there ...
:spaceace:
"A true Gentleman leaves no puzzle unsolved"

androidchrist

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2023, 11:57:42 PM »
Hey everyone, I've got something weird in my possession that I cannot find anywhere online: a Dragon's Lair Self Inking Stamp Set. Now, I've seen a Space Ace variant of the item, but can't locate a Dragon's Lair variant, or even find mention of its existence. Can anyone here point me in a direction that might give me an idea of its worth? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I figure if anyone might be able to help, it would be someone in these forums.

If this is inappropriate to post, please let me know, or feel free to remove it if you're a mod. Not looking to cause any disturbances or break any rules. Thank you.

EDIT: Good lord, I didn't realize how huge these images were. Removing the embed and giving a link to the imgur page instead: https://imgur.com/a/eZNcdj7
« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 11:59:46 PM by androidchrist »

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2023, 06:54:40 PM »
Hi and welcome  8)
Interesting toy, I've personally never seen that Dragon's Lair Self Inking Stamp Set. And there's no mention about it inside the Syd Bolton's book "Collecting For...Dragon's Lair & Space Ace". I have the Space Ace Self Inking Stamp Set.
Can't really tell its value nowadays, as collecting Dragon's Lair stuff seems to concerns very few old people (like me  :oops: ), and the hype to collect 'everything' DL items not as huge as it was 10 years ago... I would estimate it between 20-30? nowadays. Thanks for sharing anyway and good luck for the sale.

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2023, 07:01:37 PM »
Question asked also on the Arcade Life Style / Dragon's Lair Fans facebook page...  8)