Author Topic: Look what I received for my arcade.....  (Read 8927 times)

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
Look what I received for my arcade.....
« on: June 07, 2015, 05:22:56 PM »
Hi everybody.

I'd like to make this an ongoing thread where you can show off the stuff you received for your cab(s). Sometimes you get parts you will use for restoration or repair later but you want to show them when you get them ;)

I'd like to start with two things I received recently.

1st: Thanks to AndrĂ© my Journey now has a DECENT replacement for the cassette player. A Magnavox D6600. It's so cool thatit's one from Magnavox, the first publisher of a home videogame console Odyssey...thanks, AndrĂ©!! :)  I will show pictures later, unfortunateley the ones I made with my cellphone are blurry  :-\

2nd: A replacement controlpanel for the Missile Command. Those who played it might have noticed that the panel is bent. This is from welding the additional holes that were drilled into it. Some nice guy from KLOV decided to let go his repro panel. I will make more pics when it was installed in the cab. Totally love it, it's gorgeous  :-*

Wurstkopp

• Sausage loving vegetarian
    • View Profile
    • NIKLAS HUGHES ILLUSTRATIONS
Re: Look what I received for my arcade.....
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 09:16:12 PM »
Congrats, mate! :)

Robotron, Smash TV, Final Fight, Donkey Kong, Red Tent, Indiana Jones, Galaga 88, Roadblasters SD, Centipede cabaret, Asteroids cabaret, Phoenix cabaret, MVS-U4

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2015, 09:24:49 PM »
Great stuff! I too have a reproduction MC CP, actually I have 2, and it looks so good on the game!!

nilfisk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2015, 10:06:17 PM »
Cool!

Back in the days, I got a Philips G7400 from my parents, together with a G7420 basic module / expansion pack. As I spent the first weeks typing and copying basic listings from magazines, my dad finally bought me a tape drive so I could save my efforts for later - and it was this very Magnavox model. Great to see it again - and in fact, I still own it to this day :)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2015, 11:48:33 AM »
Hah, who would have guessed that connection !

I still wonder how/why a Magnavox product ends up in Europe :) It's a very decent quality device....only metal stuff inside and made in Japan, despite the brand ;)

Is the humm fixed Luigi ?

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2015, 12:24:01 PM »
Hah, who would have guessed that connection !

I still wonder how/why a Magnavox product ends up in Europe :) It's a very decent quality device....only metal stuff inside and made in Japan, despite the brand ;)

Is the humm fixed Luigi ?

Not yet. I'm trying to find a good tape to play it in the D6600. The original Journey-tape is worn, I won't expect good sound from a tape that was stuck inside a tape player with the PLAY-button pressed through the last 30 years ;)

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2015, 10:55:46 PM »
Got a 'reallllyyyy niiiccee' package from Japan, that include an amazing Hang-On model kit 8)  :arrow:

Thanks to Suzuki (not the Yu one, although I still have to thanks him for all his wonderful arcade games created  :P) for this package 'made in Japan'   :-*

Arch

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2015, 03:05:12 PM »
Some days ago I received a populated Polaris control panel and a Stratovox metal plate courtesy of Superully. This completes my recent search for Stratovox parts. I got the cab from Sweden, CP from Germany, bezel from our friend Belike in Hungary and boards and marquee from the US of A. Now I only need to add some tender love and care from Norway and I will have a running Taito Stratovox.  ;D

All I wanted was a Pepsi!
Currently looking for an original Wonderboy PCB.

ataritoobin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2015, 08:21:33 PM »
Got a 'reallllyyyy niiiccee' package from Japan, that include an amazing Hang-On model kit 8)  :arrow:

Thanks to Suzuki (not the Yu one, although I still have to thanks him for all his wonderful arcade games created  :P) for this package 'made in Japan'   :-*

Ahhh!  Didn't know those kits were out yet - very cool! :)