Author Topic: Kung Fury: a movie about 80s nostalgia with a KILLER ARCADE CAB  (Read 10846 times)

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Check this out, i'm sure everybody's going to love this!!!  8) 8)

The short film Kung Fury is a homage and a love letter to the 80's from the director David Sandberg.

Miami Police Department detective and martial artist Kung Fury time travels from the 1980s to World War II to kill Adolf Hitler, a.k.a. "Kung Führer", and revenge his friend's death at the hands of the Nazi leader. An error in the time machine sends him further back to the Viking Age.

Trailer: https://youtu.be/72RqpItxd8M
Full Movie: https://youtu.be/bS5P_LAqiVg
Theme Song (with David Hasselhoff): https://youtu.be/ZTidn2dBYbY

uncletom

• View Profile
Re: Kung Fury: a movie about 80s nostalgia with a KILLER ARCADE CAB
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2015, 11:05:43 PM »
Ohyes I saw this film just the other day and it is hilarious. Not just exaguration in various sick ways, but really totally outrageously hilarious. My jaw was stuck in open position for hours after.

BTW Andreas Cahling, a swedish bodybuilder, plays Thor.

Laszo

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Building
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 10:08:47 AM »
I love the kung fu moves, better than ever done before. The germans discussing in swedisch or danisch ... tank you !!!! Funny  :P

A lot of love went in making this  :)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 11:07:18 AM »
Check this out, i'm sure everybody's going to love this!!!  8) 8)

Nope. Not everybody.

uncletom

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2015, 12:04:11 PM »
Ofcourse not everybody. It is a hilarious movie with plenty of imagination, thus it will cause alot of controversy. Perhaps our critic would care to elaborate on why he didn't like it? Was it the main character, too thin? Too fat? Too queer? Or were the 8-bit computers too poorly presented? Or simply the nazis who weren't colorful enough. Personally I was expecting more arcade games, but then I realise that not all of us were into that back then.

Btw "swedisch or danisch", it wasn't all swedish, more like a mixture, but mostly swedish. Them two guys were definitely swedes.

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2015, 07:04:29 PM »
That "movie" is so over the top - I love it!!!! :D :D  :lol:

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2015, 11:01:20 PM »
Perhaps our critic would care to elaborate on why he didn't like it?
Well I'm just one of those stupid guys not enjoying seeing bodies split in two with a sword and stuff like that....just silly me...I am just a weird person....you know, I know the whole world loves to see those things, but I am crazy like that...........

Wurstkopp

• Sausage loving vegetarian
    • View Profile
    • NIKLAS HUGHES ILLUSTRATIONS
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2015, 04:43:48 AM »
#2. I'm a fan of seeing bodies split in two, I just don't like new movies showing it.

Robotron, Smash TV, Final Fight, Donkey Kong, Red Tent, Indiana Jones, Galaga 88, Roadblasters SD, Centipede cabaret, Asteroids cabaret, Phoenix cabaret, MVS-U4

uncletom

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2015, 09:20:10 AM »
 :D Yes well that's awesome, 42! I'm kind of crazy that same way. But don't let a few split bodies get in your way of enjoying all the other 80s stuff.

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2015, 10:27:41 AM »
Perhaps our critic would care to elaborate on why he didn't like it?
Well I'm just one of those stupid guys not enjoying seeing bodies split in two with a sword and stuff like that....just silly me...I am just a weird person....you know, I know the whole world loves to see those things, but I am crazy like that...........

You're missing the point, this is a crazy 80's tribute movie made by just a few guys (kickstarter), the 'violence' is completely over the top!

And don't forget it even got David Hasselhoff on the soundtrack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTidn2dBYbY

;D

« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 10:36:13 AM by gyruss »

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2015, 10:31:19 AM »
btw, this is my favorite seeing bodies split in a movie movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Upwg6JMtyCg (Kill Bill Vol. 1 Crazy 88)

;D ;)

« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 10:36:45 AM by gyruss »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2015, 12:06:08 PM »
:D Yes well that's awesome, 42! I'm kind of crazy that same way. But don't let a few split bodies get in your way of enjoying all the other 80s stuff.

Nah....when I saw that cop split in two I had enough....I don't enjoy horror movies either. It's just a defect in my brain I have to live with. Of course I think that I am the normal guy, but that too is a serious damage in my brain.

It's the same reason for not enjoying those Kung Fu games where they finish off opponents in the most gory ways. I hear other people let their kids of 4 play it. I do realize this caused my kid to probably have the same brain damage as me but hey......you can't have everything in life  ;D
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 12:09:17 PM by Level42 »

uncletom

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2015, 12:14:41 PM »
Thanks Gyruss. I've always wanted that yellow pyjamas with the black stripe along the sides, but my mom never was the sewing type.

No worries, 42. It's not a defect, just a matter of taste. Like some people prefer both mustard and ketchup on their burgers, and some only mustard. And just like that you see how easy it is to forget about the rest of the world because I don't even need to bet that there's a million other ways of having your burger.

But you need a pretty sharp sword to split a guy in half, and that is impressive. Wouldn't you agree?

And, as for kids playing violent games, that's easy. Don't have kids! Hahaha... I don't.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2015, 12:34:58 PM »
I do, and I would give up everything I own if needed for him.

But only parents understand that.

:)

uncletom

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2015, 12:49:12 PM »
Yes ofcourse, I know. Just that now it's too late, you already have your kid. I have three cats and I feel that same way about them.

When you get children you also get lots of new 'problems'. What they watch on TV for one.