Dragon's Lair Fans - Arcade Lifestyle
December 16, 2019, 11:07:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ALS'/DLF' : your daily dose of Arcade Life Style...inside the Dragon's Lair!

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: I must be totally nuts....EADS at it's best....  (Read 4591 times)
anunaki
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2015, 01:25:01 PM »

The traffic fines in Holland have become ridiculous the last 10 years. It's a bilion euro industry nowadays with practicly no relation between the weight of the violation and the amount of money you have to pay

I even got a 80 EU fine on the highway while using my cruise control, because the speed limits keep changing every couple of kilometers and I probably missed a small part where you could only go 90 instead of 100. And of course that's where they have the radar.

Level42
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2015, 03:28:01 PM »

Exactly.

Like the traject speed check on the A4 between The Hague and Leiden.

It is a 6 lane highway with on one side a very big lake and on the right side nothing but polders. No city, no buildings, nothing that can justify a traject speed check. Also nothing that can explain why the limit there is 100 instead of 120 or 130 like it is on other places where there are MORE buildings/towns....

And of course THAT is one of the spots where they install such a system. Because they know that the road invites to higher speeds than 100......

That's the whole point....they don't care shit about safety, it's money milking.

Thwocker
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2015, 11:21:53 PM »

speed control can be about safety, emission and hindrance (noise), for both humans (in cities) and animals and plants (e.g. in polders and water areas)

still, speeding tickets suck   Wink

Wanted: everything Universal , Stern and Gottlieb. Currently looking for Computer R3, Curve Ball, Goal to Go, Jungler, Fast Draw, Limbo, No Man's Land and Speed Coin.
Etienne MacGyver
ArcadeLifeStyler'

The Netherlands

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2015, 08:41:12 AM »

speed control can be about safety, emission and hindrance (noise), for both humans (in cities) and animals and plants (e.g. in polders and water areas)

still, speeding tickets suck   Wink

Thats the correct statement "CAN".

We all know here in holland its not.
Thwocker
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2015, 11:59:52 AM »

it's all the EU's fault!   Grin

Wanted: everything Universal , Stern and Gottlieb. Currently looking for Computer R3, Curve Ball, Goal to Go, Jungler, Fast Draw, Limbo, No Man's Land and Speed Coin.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: