Author Topic: I must be totally nuts....EADS at it's best....  (Read 8852 times)

anunaki

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
Re: I must be totally nuts....EADS at it's best....
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2015, 01:25:01 PM »
The traffic fines in Holland have become ridiculous the last 10 years. It's a bilion euro industry nowadays with practicly no relation between the weight of the violation and the amount of money you have to pay

I even got a 80 EU fine on the highway while using my cruise control, because the speed limits keep changing every couple of kilometers and I probably missed a small part where you could only go 90 instead of 100. And of course that's where they have the radar.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2015, 03:28:01 PM »
Exactly.

Like the traject speed check on the A4 between The Hague and Leiden.

It is a 6 lane highway with on one side a very big lake and on the right side nothing but polders. No city, no buildings, nothing that can justify a traject speed check. Also nothing that can explain why the limit there is 100 instead of 120 or 130 like it is on other places where there are MORE buildings/towns....

And of course THAT is one of the spots where they install such a system. Because they know that the road invites to higher speeds than 100......

That's the whole point....they don't care shit about safety, it's money milking.

Thwocker

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Universal Arcade Cabs
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2015, 11:21:53 PM »
speed control can be about safety, emission and hindrance (noise), for both humans (in cities) and animals and plants (e.g. in polders and water areas)

still, speeding tickets suck   ;)
Wanted: everything Universal , Stern and Gottlieb. Currently looking for Computer R3, Curve Ball, Goal to Go, Jungler, Fast Draw, Limbo, No Man's Land and Speed Coin.

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2015, 08:41:12 AM »
speed control can be about safety, emission and hindrance (noise), for both humans (in cities) and animals and plants (e.g. in polders and water areas)

still, speeding tickets suck   ;)

Thats the correct statement "CAN".

We all know here in holland its not.

Thwocker

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Universal Arcade Cabs
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2015, 11:59:52 AM »
it's all the EU's fault!   ;D
Wanted: everything Universal , Stern and Gottlieb. Currently looking for Computer R3, Curve Ball, Goal to Go, Jungler, Fast Draw, Limbo, No Man's Land and Speed Coin.