Author Topic: Eurocade 2015...the 5th......OldSkool ! :D  (Read 178999 times)

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: Eurocade 2015...the 5th......OldSkool ! :D
« Reply #150 on: June 29, 2015, 01:23:51 PM »
That is bad news, makes me sad.  :'(  But I'm sure that you have a good reason.  8)   You will be missed at the Party.

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #151 on: June 29, 2015, 02:08:29 PM »
That is bad news, makes me sad.  :'(  But I'm sure that you have a good reason.  8)   You will be missed at the Party.

trust me... i have. but your words mean a lot to me. Jochen has to drink for two now. ;)
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 29, 2015, 02:20:08 PM »
guys... I am terribly sorry to tell you that I can not join you on this Eurocade although I told you that I would come. :(

I wish I could change this... but there are things here that I have to take care of before and after the event takes place.

I know that this is not what you wanted to hear. Trust me... I wish I could change this but I don´t really have a choice.

NOOOOOOOOO !

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 29, 2015, 02:51:19 PM »
Though I'm sure no one will regret this more than you and that you will have a good reason to miss it, these are sad news  :-\

Etienne, not sure if an image makes sense, at least not for the OS...it's WinXP and this is far more difficult to transfer to other hardware than Win7. I can still make it and then you can copy it to a harddrive :)   AFAIR there is some music system in the bar area, or am I wrong? How could they be connected and where should the 'jukebox' system be? Maybe we can do this discussion via email so we don't waste the space here ;)

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 29, 2015, 03:03:54 PM »
Though I'm sure no one will regret this more than you and that you will have a good reason to miss it, these are sad news  :-\

Etienne, not sure if an image makes sense, at least not for the OS...it's WinXP and this is far more difficult to transfer to other hardware than Win7. I can still make it and then you can copy it to a harddrive :)   AFAIR there is some music system in the bar area, or am I wrong? How could they be connected and where should the 'jukebox' system be? Maybe we can do this discussion via email so we don't waste the space here ;)

PM sent  ;)

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #155 on: July 08, 2015, 09:26:42 PM »
Well, I unfortunately have to cancel my coming this year  :?
For the very first time, a retro event (80s sci fi/vinyls/toys/star wars/retro gaming...) just pop up in my town (where cool things never ever happen!) and of course they asked to bring few cabinets from that era. And in my area, I am well known for being 'the arcade guy', so If I don't bring cabinets on this local event, who will do it?  ::) :P
This gonna happen at...4km from my place. I decided to give a chance to that new 'local' event, which take place ...the same week end than the Eurocade!  :'(
In term of logistic, it's gonna be a dream for me (4km), but also I'll be able to share this with my family (daughter is still too young for the two days Eurocade 'trip') but also local friends.
But the bad news is that I'm gonna miss the 'Old5chool one with' all of you, my brothers in cade (tm)  :'( But just the once will not hurt...
Anyway, have a blast guys and see ya very soon for real (will schedule something in the Nuno's lair very soon!)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #156 on: July 08, 2015, 09:31:37 PM »
Well that's all just great news guys.....looks like it's going to be a very quite and small private party with a handful of cabs this year.

For me it looks like the Eurocade idea is running on it's last legs and I think the 5th might very well be the last.

People have booked flights and hotels and we have arranged the building (RENT !!!!) etc. etc. so we will go on but I just feel people think it's not worth it anymore.

So be it, let's go with a really BIG BANG and make it the best Eurocade ever and make people regret they didn't come !
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 09:53:49 PM by Level42 »

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 08, 2015, 10:03:31 PM »
Again,  very sad news.  What a pity Bruno.   :'(

And although it's hard to swollow,  as expressed by André's words,  I can understand your arguments and reasons.  You will be missed a lot,  just like Tyrem. And you will have to make up for it with the next Eurocade (2016?) or another party.  :) :)

Laszo

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Building
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 09, 2015, 01:09:43 AM »
And I don't think the guys from Greece still wanna come to an Eurocade  :(

I'm still in the race. Have to make a cab ready!

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 09, 2015, 08:15:35 AM »
I'm sorry to see more and more people missing the event :(

André, I understand you're disappointed. But some guys are still coming ;)

Maybe we should have made a 1 or even 2 year break so the people are more 'hungry' for a Eurocade.

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #160 on: July 09, 2015, 08:36:01 AM »
i did not cancel my room yet... but I have strongest doubts that I will make it. Trust me... I will if it is possible but please don´t count on me.
And even if it is only 10 people... those guys rock. Enjoy the time together... enjoy the moment. It is not the number of people... it´s the people.
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

joeks

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade Art Repro
« Reply #161 on: July 09, 2015, 10:21:36 AM »
Sad to hear you guys are not able to come to Eurocade this year.
But sometimes, things just don't go as you want them to.

Me and my Robotron will be there though! :)
And so is Alex and Pengo as far as I know.
Probably bring my brother along as well.
Makes Arcade Artwork Reproductions at www.arcadeartrepro.com

AwesomeRetro

• View Profile
    • AwesomeSpace
« Reply #162 on: July 10, 2015, 10:49:59 AM »
Hi all,

I couldn't find a direct contact on the eurocade page, but based on the discussions, the people behind the event should be in this thread.

So, we are Awesome Retro (www.awesomeretro.org) a non-profit organisation, backed by 80 volunteers, with the goal "RetroGaming for everyone!". This is achieved by collecting, repearing and maintaining old home computers and video game systems and bring them to schools, musea, events and festivals, where people can enjoy them hands on. Up to 2014 Awesome Retro has visited and supported 62 events in multiple countries with a total of 401.902 visitors.

We could bring one or two arcade machines, like Phoenix, which isn't on your list.  And we saw some discussing about bringing machines other than arcades, like an Apple ][, in case you need something, just let us know.

We also saw that the date was moved because of the location. If you run into any other problems or need a place to hold your awesome events in the future, we also run the AwesomeSpace (www.awesomespace.nl), located in the center of the Netherlands, Utrecht. In this 400m2 space, we have all the old gamesystems on display and ready to be played in a relaxed environment. The space is also equiped with studio-, enigeering- and event-areas to facilitate and unite the retrogaming community, like retrogamers, developers, demosceners, fixers, collectors, speedrunners, chiptuners, streamers, etc.

Let us know if you need some information. Or drop by the AwesomeSpace, you can check the agenda for opening hours, but we're open every wednesday evening.

Also, be sure to check/ask the awesome guys at the www.nozomi.nl forum or people running the TonTon club in Amsterdam or www.gamesencomputers.nl in Zwolle. They all have arcade systems and might join the fun.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 04:45:35 PM by AwesomeRetro »

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 10, 2015, 11:34:53 AM »
Hi, welcome. Yes, you came to the right spot here. I have to admit that I've never heard of you guys, but it is always a pleasure to become aware of other retro gaming enthousiast, especially when they are based in The Netherlands.  :)  Thanks for your intention to join Eurocade 2015, arcade retro gamers are always welcome with their dedicated classic cabs. Phoenix is an awesome game, I have it myself.

In 2013 and 2014 we were part (co-organizer) of the Retro Gaming Experience at Beeld en Geluid in Hilversum, as a retro game enthousiast you must have heard of it and probably have seen us in action already, or watched the awesome video's on Youtube. 8) This year is our 5th event (yeah) and we want this one to be 'small and cozy' again, back to original idea, like in the first two years. Therefore the number of visitors is limited and visitors who bring along one or more dedicated games have precedence. Maybe you could give some more details of your intention in a PM to Level42?

We know the guys behind Nozomi (I've been a forum member there for more than 5 years, left end 2014) and TonTonclub very well, their interest is however somewhat different from the idea of Eurocade.

I would love to visit one of your events, what is the agenda after June 6th?

Wow, 401,902 visitors in 62 events! Sure that it were not 401.901?   :D ;)  BTW, awesomespace.org doesn't exist, according to my browser.

Vond

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 13, 2015, 09:27:30 AM »
Me and Marjolein (Xentraz) will be attending.

I'll see what I can do about bringing cabs. But like you guys know, its a hellish en-devour to get these babies
from the game room to anything resembling "ground level". Either way, we'll be there :)