Author Topic: Spotted a 13 disk version of DL in a video  (Read 7945 times)

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Spotted a 13 disk version of DL in a video
« on: February 10, 2015, 11:03:49 AM »
Just stumbled upon this while watching this vid.

http://youtu.be/n_sHztdOSYc?t=1m58s

(1.58 starting)

Thought i share it here  :)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Re: Spotted a 13 disk version of DL in a video
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 11:51:21 AM »
Ohhh what a disappointment, I was expecting him to actually film the entire loading process !!! :D

But I agree with the video....I still run floppy drives because they are part of it all :D

And yes I have SIO2USB and MyIDE carts but....floppies are still fun. I actually recently installed an awesome new device called "MegaSpeedy". It is an upgrade that contains ALL Atari 1050 drive upgrades ever made !!! You can simply select which one you want with a dial or from menu. It also loads up stuff from internal memory when you leave the drive latch open (ok, cheating but handy) and of course....it's FAST..... :)

I had the same experience with 3.5" floppies. The last I used for work (to back up fire alarm programmings) ....when you made one, put it in the fire alarm central and tried to read it again a year later it very often was dead. They were brand floppies mind you, but they sucked ! Now we simply upload them of course...

Bods

• View Profile
Re: Spotted a 13 disk version of DL in a video
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 12:20:10 PM »
I've just bought from ebay Space Ace for IBM PC which is on 5 1/4" disks  8)

Had a copy of this on the Amiga 500 back in the day, this looks to be the same game but IBM Version, Just built from my old parts a Pentium 3 500mhz PC base unit, has Intel PCB from and old Gateway, Awe64 ISA sound card, Creative Graphics Blaster PCI and the Creative DXR3 Full Motion Video Card and DVD-Rom drive, slot type from Pioneer 16x

Still have 5 1/4" Floppy drives I can install, just hope I kept date cable for it. got boxes of 5 1/4" disks too so I can copy them, keep original disks safe, but hopefully it will load onto hard drive, so not like Amiga having to swap disk every 30 seconds

Mainly built this PC for playing the original Alone In The Dark Trilogy, simply my Favourite games on the PC and the reason I built a 486DX33 with Sound Blaster back in the mid 90's just to play the original, I was working at a Computer Company back then Repairing them, Working my way through the games again, 1-3 before I move on to the 4th and 5th as I have never played those ones yet

Also I bought when it was first released, Dragon's Lair DVD-Rom from Digital Leisure because back then I had the Creative DXR2 card and 2x Panasonic Creative DVD-Rom Drive

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111033638367?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT