Author Topic: This Old Game is getting pretty sloppy .....  (Read 7550 times)

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
This Old Game is getting pretty sloppy .....
« on: November 22, 2014, 12:24:10 AM »
... or am I to critical?

I mean, years ago I pre-ordered (and paid for) the highly anticipated SW cockpit art set, the complete set. And most of us will know how things are going with this set, promises after promises regarding delivery schedule have been made but never kept, and it still is a WiP! A few months back I was tired of waiting and I cancelled the order and instead ordered some CPO's and stuff. Rich refunded me the difference pretty quick, that was nice.

He gave me an invoice number for the new stuff right away, so I expected it to be shipped in a day or two. But 3 weeks passed by without any news or whatever, so I did send another mail. The quick response, on a Friday, was that he would send it on the following monday.

Again 3 weeks passed by (that was yesterday), so I asked him for a tracking number because I still didn't receive anything! But this time he din't make the effort to respond, instead I just got an USPS click-'n-ship notification saying that a parcel from TOG is scheduled to be shipped today!

And this pisses me off.   >:( >:(

I know that Rich prints top notch stuff, but the way he is handling his customers sucks, big time. And for what?  I also have the feeling that it is getting worse, I wouldn't place, and pay for a pre-order with him these days.

For now I'm done with his unprofessional customer care. I do hope that this is temporary (duh) though, I have had a bad experience with another arcade parts supplier in the past and I sure hope that Rich isn't going to walk that road.

I needed to get this of my chest.  :)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
Re: This Old Game is getting pretty sloppy .....
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 08:28:39 AM »
yeah, i think everyone has noticed this. the support is horrible, response times arre looong and all those promises me makes and breaks. it took rich 1 1/2 years to send me the d2k artwork set which finally arrived last week after asking and begging him over and over again. he covered the shipping costs eventually because it took so long, but i'd gladly cover those myself if the response time would be quicker.

btw, had the same experience like you had: after waiting a few weeks for his response (AGAIN) i wrote him another email basically saying PLEASE FINALLY SEND OUT THE STUFF. got a reply a few days later saying it has been shipped out and i would have the tracking number first thing in the morning - which of course i didn't. i waited another two weeks, sent him another email and again a few days later i finally got a tracking number showing that the stuff had just shipped out. this was about three weeks after he had lied to my face telling me that my package was already on its way.

not to mention all these promises about stuff he's going to print or questions he simply doesn't answer because he's ashamed to admit he failed! i guess he's way too deep into personal projects for everyone that he can't focus on his main business.

like erik, i'm basically done with ordering from him unless there's no other route to take. his products are top notch, but the rest ...  ??? if this would be a competition between two companies, he would be gone from the market within a month!!!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 08:37:25 AM »
that´s sad. i did order only once from him and that went okay. not as good as i wanted... but still okay.
i also noticed that it took him ages to get back to me and that was kind of disappointing since a customer support for such a limited amout of collectors worldwide is the easiest part of this job.
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 10:50:41 AM »
That might indeed a big cause of his problem,  all the custom printjobs that he is doing.  Anyway,  he sure has a huge problem,  and people don't like it.  He also got a lot to swallow at KLOV,  causing him to leave there,  I believe,  at least as an active participating member. 

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2014, 11:20:19 AM »
That might indeed a big cause of his problem,  all the custom printjobs that he is doing.  Anyway,  he sure has a huge problem,  and people don't like it.  He also got a lot to swallow at KLOV,  causing him to leave there,  I believe,  at least as an active participating member. 

sad. i think he is a good guy. but some people do have a problem with such an important part of their job. i have seen this serveral times.
that´s why i allways answer mails as soon as possible... even when i am not in the shop. it´ts not that hard.
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2014, 09:20:00 PM »
[Blkdog7 mode on]

Where the F#ck is my Tapper CPO ?!?!

[/Blkdog7 mode off]

;D ;D ;D ;D

anunaki

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2014, 10:18:08 PM »
I want to get some stuff for my Paperboy at thisoldgame, but I'm hesitating because I read stuff like this

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2014, 10:56:56 AM »
I was also quite disappointed by the delivery times of arcadeshop...
(They told me they only go to the post office with the packages when they have enough orders  :shock:)
What do these 2 companies have in common: they deliver top notch products which they are the only one providing... probably the reason why they don't care.
On the bright side they are both 200% trustworthy, you're always guaranteed to get your stuff or at least your money back, it's just a matter of time...

It's a PITA to order from him because of payment methods but nothing beats Bob Roberts's cross shipping policy!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 11:03:54 AM by chrischris »

Knaagi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2014, 02:56:37 PM »
nothing beats Bob Roberts's cross shipping policy!

When i tried to order from Bob back in april this was his response:

"We're not shipping overseas any longer."

But when i read about his experience with the buyer from UK i can totally relate.
http://therealbobroberts.net/shipping.html

As for Rich, i only ordered 2 CPOs so far. There was a delay caused by him thinking he replied to my mail when he didn´t.
After we clarified this, the whole process went smooth. This was in september.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 02:58:47 PM by JakeHarper »
"The only legitimate use of a computer is to play games" - Eugene Jarvis

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2014, 11:05:15 PM »
Well that's news to me that Bob is not shipping overseas anymore and I'd like to shout out a big

FUCK YOU

for the guy(s) responsible for this !!!!

Thanks a lot you ASSHOLE(S) !!!