Author Topic: Wikia created to store still-standing arcades: The Arcade Registry  (Read 3519 times)

zxthehedgehog

• 3D Artist, MIDI Editor, & Infrequent Hedgehog
    • View Profile
http://arcreg.wikia.com

Check it out and tell me what you think! (More will come soon)
Check out my Youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/zxthehedgehog42!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Check, one, two. Seeegaaa...

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
Re: Wikia created to store still-standing arcades: The Arcade Registry
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 09:09:15 AM »
My honest opinion... To many commercials.
Did a quick search on Arabian, and not much info - I know its in delepoment, but what really shined through was: VAPS Rarity Value: 14/100... Dont ever use that as a guideline (unless selling on ebay) AFAIK it was not a good game, and is just less desireble..

I know KLOV neds a major overhaul, but its still the site im using, and one of the reasons is. The first thing you see, when you see an arcade game is the Marquee, and that is always (if a picture exist) all ways on top of the KLOV site.. Next thing is gameplay, which is also showed in pictures... And, of course sideart, though this is less importent, as this was rarely seen, as arcades was placed next to eachother..

zxthehedgehog

• 3D Artist, MIDI Editor, & Infrequent Hedgehog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 06:13:12 PM »
Did a quick search on Arabian, and not much info - I know it's in deployment, but what really shined through was: VAPS Rarity Value: 14/100... Don't ever use that as a guideline (unless selling on Ebay). AFAIK, it was not a good game, and is just less desirable..
That was just the first game alphabetically of my template arcade, there was no real reason for it.
I'll likely set DK as a template once the website is finished. I just had this as a placeholder, to add more later as soon as I have enough time.

Also, this isn't supposed to show a large amount of details on the game, it's just meant to show the game and places where you can find it.
So, a picture, a short description of the game, and a few other minor details, as well as a list of the places you can play it. Its main focus is to find an arcade, while KLOV's is to find details on a game.

Also, what do you mean about too many commercials? If you mean advertisements on the website, I can't help that, try Adblock Plus. It's available on most browsers.
Check out my Youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/zxthehedgehog42!
Check, one, two. Seeegaaa...

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 06:27:26 PM »
Ah, ok, to show where the actual game can be played is a very nice feature! :spaceace:
I thought you would make something like KLOV  :oops:
About the adverts, I all ready had Add Block running, but just installed Add Block Plus = no more advertisements! :)