Author Topic: I bought a Space Ace Disc but it's got laser rot. :( Is it garbage?  (Read 29191 times)

Evil Otto

• View Profile
    • Atari Collectors
Re: I bought a Space Ace Disc but it's got laser rot. :( Is it garbage?
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2014, 11:52:46 AM »
This is the auction:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SPACE-ACE-LASER-DISC-/131258998817?

That's the site owner of Jamma+

Can you tell him he sold me a shit disc??? :D

Does this guy have a laserdisc game? If he does, I bet he knew it had laser rot but didn't mention it.

Don't think he has any Laserdisc games.

I don't have any contact with him, nor are we friends, so I don't think he would appreciate it if I told him he sold you a duff disc :-)

I gave you this information because I thought you might be a member there and could contact him?

He's also here but not logged on since first registering:

https://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php?action=profile;u=3973

That's cool. I don't want you to get in trouble and I fully understood the risk! It's a little surprising that if he runs that arcade site he didn't at least test the disc. But again, I totally knew that I was taking a risk ordering it as it didn't say it was tested.

I sent him a PM on this site here.

Ive forwarded this message on to one of the moderators of Jamma+, the'll get the message over to him buddy.
CHICKEN! FIGHT LIKE A ROBOT!!!

johnsarcade

• Mushroom Kingdom, USA
    • View Profile
    • John's Arcade
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2014, 09:12:48 PM »
This is the auction:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SPACE-ACE-LASER-DISC-/131258998817?

That's the site owner of Jamma+

Can you tell him he sold me a shit disc??? :D

Does this guy have a laserdisc game? If he does, I bet he knew it had laser rot but didn't mention it.

Don't think he has any Laserdisc games.

I don't have any contact with him, nor are we friends, so I don't think he would appreciate it if I told him he sold you a duff disc :-)

I gave you this information because I thought you might be a member there and could contact him?

He's also here but not logged on since first registering:

https://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php?action=profile;u=3973

That's cool. I don't want you to get in trouble and I fully understood the risk! It's a little surprising that if he runs that arcade site he didn't at least test the disc. But again, I totally knew that I was taking a risk ordering it as it didn't say it was tested.

I sent him a PM on this site here.

Ive forwarded this message on to one of the moderators of Jamma+, the'll get the message over to him buddy.

Awesome. Thank you! I am curious what Mr. Jamma+ has to say. If he is so involved in the hobby I can't believe he wouldn't at least try to test the disc before selling. I know that I could never sell a disc like that without testing it in a friend's machine first, even if I didn't have a laserdisc game.

Purity

• View Profile
    • Arcade Collectors
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2014, 10:12:38 PM »
I hope you get a response John

Purity

• View Profile
    • Arcade Collectors
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2014, 12:19:38 PM »
I was looking at the advert before and it seems contradictory and misleading

It says "Looks to be in excellent condition. Is exactly as shown in photo"....which I read as "Untested"

But then the item condition reads "The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is fully operational and functions as intended"

If the item is untested, then how would you know it is fully operational, and functions as intended?

johnsarcade

• Mushroom Kingdom, USA
    • View Profile
    • John's Arcade
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2014, 07:49:01 PM »
I was looking at the advert before and it seems contradictory and misleading

It says "Looks to be in excellent condition. Is exactly as shown in photo"....which I read as "Untested"

But then the item condition reads "The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is fully operational and functions as intended"

If the item is untested, then how would you know it is fully operational, and functions as intended?

Oh, interesting! The listing definitely says it is fully operational!! NOT TRUE! Someone get ahold of this guy for me. :) Maybe he has another disc. Looks like he might as he listed another for sale.

dsyde

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2014, 12:33:18 AM »
Ok I'm here

you can pretty much take anything purity says and flush it down the toilet as he doesn't like me, plain and simple.

I'm very sorry you're having trouble with the disc, send it back for a full refund. I don't rip people off. Also, I don't own and have never owned any laser games.

Julian

johnsarcade

• Mushroom Kingdom, USA
    • View Profile
    • John's Arcade
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2014, 01:45:48 AM »
Ok I'm here

you can pretty much take anything purity says and flush it down the toilet as he doesn't like me, plain and simple.

I'm very sorry you're having trouble with the disc, send it back for a full refund. I don't rip people off. Also, I don't own and have never owned any laser games.

Julian

Awesome! You rule! :) Julian has contacted me via PM and we are getting it sorted out.

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2014, 06:56:40 AM »
Good news ! thats cool  :spaceace:

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2014, 07:27:16 AM »
Why send it back? It' broken ...  ???
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2014, 07:50:01 AM »
Ok I'm here

Julian

cool Julian!  :spaceace:
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

Purity

• View Profile
    • Arcade Collectors
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2014, 10:09:17 AM »
Ok I'm here

Julian

Blah, blah blah Julian

The only things I have said are FACT!  If you bother reading the thread properly.  No opinions at all, and certainly no relevance to whether I like you or not

The way you conduct yourself, like above, leaves a lot to be desired.

John - glad you got it sorted out
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 10:32:56 AM by Purity »

dsyde

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2014, 12:36:50 PM »
Ok I'm here

Julian

Blah, blah blah Julian

The only things I have said are FACT!  If you bother reading the thread properly.  No opinions at all, and certainly no relevance to whether I like you or not

Ben, there is nothing wrong with the way i conduct myself. Take a look at yourself.

Have a nice day

Purity

• View Profile
    • Arcade Collectors
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2014, 12:53:37 PM »
Ok I'm here

Julian

Blah, blah blah Julian

Ben, there is nothing wrong with the way i conduct myself. Take a look at yourself.

Have a nice day

There is nothing wrong with the way you conduct yourself?

Well then, please explain where in the thread your comment "you can pretty much take anything purity says and flush it down the toilet" makes any sense or is relevant?  It is simply uncalled for

If that's conducting yourself in a good manner, then you clearly do have issues.

I have taken a good look at myself, hence why I'm trying to steer away from shit like this.  There's more important things in life than dealing with people like you, who clearly want divisions, and bad feeling to continue.

If you have something to say to me, then either say it privately, rather than publicly on forums or Facebook, or better still, don't say anything at all  
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 01:22:03 PM by Purity »

johnsarcade

• Mushroom Kingdom, USA
    • View Profile
    • John's Arcade
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2014, 02:31:43 PM »
Why send it back? It' broken ...  ???

The disc is unusable. The disc stops at the same spot every time and the snow on the screen is horrible. Massive laser rot.

johnsarcade

• Mushroom Kingdom, USA
    • View Profile
    • John's Arcade
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2014, 02:33:44 PM »
Boys, no fighting! Everything is good. :) Thanks to all that tried to help! And, thanks Julian.  :spaceace: