Author Topic: # Road Trip # KASCO - THE DRIVER - ...it's a game with a red car, movie style...  (Read 89534 times)

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle

...it's a game with a red car, movie style...

20th of September 2014, 6h00am... ready for a new adventure!

It's gonna be a light one?

We will see! Pre-flight checks...  :arrow:

400km to drive... mhhh... it's ok to my 'standards'  8)

Let's go! Mmmmmhhh, I love the smell of a road trip in the morning.  8)

...it's a game with a red car, movie style...like Dragon's Lair you know? ... but movie, not cartoon!

Funny, since I'm listening Arcade Outsider or Ten Pence Arcade, long trips do not bother me...  ;D

See! Already the sweet morning light...

The sun/wind turbine *combo* : 100 PTS, guys! ;D  :arrow:

After 'Outsiders', let's switch to '10 PENCE'  8)  :arrow:

Wow, really nice weather right here  :-*

...it's a game with a red car, movie style...like Dragon's Lair you know? ... but movie, not cartoon!
Yeah! Must be a laser disc game... what else could it be?! No! It's NOT Data East Road Blaster!

In addition of a road trip, why not adding a visit to the BGS exhibition?!  :)  :arrow:

Indeed!  :arrow:

Cool! That is a great road trip weapon!  :P :-*  :arrow:

Yeah! Must be a laser disc game... what else could it be?! No! It's NOT Data East Road Blaster!
Wait! Memories I had on that game bring me back in the l8te seventies... no laser disc games at the time?!
I may have dreamed this game after all?

Well, Eyeshield 71 -the seller- and other members of the *famous* Burgundy French Arcade Savior Team are a part of this exhibition (see here). So this was the perfect location for both of us  :)
So while I'm here, let's take a ride in this show...  8)

I didn't played on that one since a looong time! Amazing how fast & strong the cabinet moves are... impressive!  :arrow:

What's this Japanese game? Cool 'marquee' anyway :

« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 12:36:56 PM by DarthNuno »

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile

I also really appreciated to play this GP Rider... but where's its awesome marquee?  :'(  :lol:

Hey Spectroman, congratulation for your new Defender cab'  :-*  :arrow:

...yes, because we are in France, it's mostly the gamoover members land here :  ;) :arrow:

I unfortunately don't have much time today... and I still need to take some rest, following the crazy 'Arcade Life Style' past week (UK FIREFOX road trip / Eurocade 2014 week end)
So let's meet Eyeshield 71 & let's talk about the mysterious game with a red car, movie style!

Wait! Memories I had on that game bring me back in the l8te seventies... no laser disc games at the time?!
I may have dreamed this game after all?

He eventually provide the answer! It's not a laser disc game... it's ... this ....

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Holy shit! Yeah, it's a game using a projector / film reel!!!

When he mentioned that game on gamoover, I instantly recognized the game!  :arrow:

...it's a game with a red car, movie style!

He got it since almost two years, and he was ok to sell it to me because he didn't have any 'connection' with that one.

Loading time!

The seat is missing, but not a problem for me.

Now loaded in the car, with the help of my gamoover arcade friends  :-*  :arrow:

It's was really nice to all meet you, guys, but a damn too quick...really had to take the road as soon as possible...  :-\

The way back of this trip was a really nightmare! I kept falling asleep...  :ghost: :ghost: :ghost:

...and had to stop 3 times! dozed... ice creams... red bull... chips?! Damn, it was supposed to be a 'light' one?! Shut up! Too tired to respect it  :P  ;D

...but finally, the Belgium border...  :)  :arrow:

...and home!

Two countries : Belgium > France > Belgium, 11H37 "road trip" time and 800 km on the road.

Next step... unloading and 'discovering' the beast inside the Nuno's Lair!  8)

Priority number one...saving the 'video' footage!!!

Here's a video of that game working, see right here.

Impressive, isn't it?  :P
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 12:37:27 PM by DarthNuno »

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Awesome !

I think i know who will do his best to save the footage  ;)  ::)

Once a caller from the UK on the Arcade outsiders mentioned this game (forgive me, i forgot which episode, it was an early one though)

After that i searched YouTube, and saw the video you link here, its really facinating with the projector

anunaki

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
great trip ones again.... .you are the King of RT

nilfisk

• View Profile
Great game, and I love everything KASCO ;).

John's Jukes has quite a few parts for DRIVER available, if you need some: http://www.flippers.com/catalog/index.php/kasco-m-23

kos71

• View Profile
yeah finally some pictures ;D and some nice one . It was a pity that you could not stay more but with the hard week you got I can understand that it was hard time .
perhaps we will meet again at St Méneould Pinball fair .

The cab system is really great . I was really impressed when we switched it .

There is 2 set of game in the cab normally . I hope we did not forgot one at the warehouse .
Attract mode is made by a rotating disc . You should have 2 in the cab .
In case it is missing it will be the excuse to stop by your place next time i go to Holland  ;D .
We tried to repair it but we have too much to do so we had to let it go .
Take care of it.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Awesome roadtrip report, awesome machine !

Yes hope the film can be spared for the future !

Did you read the text on that YouTube video ? That machine was found NOS in 2006 !!!!!
It also says that it was going to a museum in.......The Netherlands ?!?!?

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
I think i know who will do his best to save the footage  ;)  ::)
Hell yeah! The best person I could wish for this task!  :)

John's Jukes has quite a few parts for DRIVER available, if you need some: http://www.flippers.com/catalog/index.php/kasco-m-23

Wow, thanks for that link... that may be verrry useful   ;)

yeah finally some pictures ;D and some nice one . It was a pity that you could not stay more but with the hard week you got I can understand that it was hard time .
perhaps we will meet again at St Méneould Pinball fair .

Yeah, that was cool to meet you. I may come to St Méneould. I'll let you know by then  ;)

Yes hope the film can be spared for the future !
Did you read the text on that YouTube video ? That machine was found NOS in 2006 !!!!!
It also says that it was going to a museum in.......The Netherlands ?!?!?
Yes André, saving the films is my top priority.
Yes, amazing to see that NOS one  :o ... but didn't catch that NL story? Bloody hell, I'm sure there are a ton of silent collectors in NL? Where this cabinet landed there?!

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Very weird game, Bruno, thanks for shring this one. What is the aim of the game? Chasing the Corvette?

And very nice pictures of this meeting. Is it an annual event? By the way, the guy driving the crazy taxi did have his side airbaig with him. Convenient.  :)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
I have no clue really Bruno, the only thing I know there was this rumor about a guy collecting EM games (only?) and wanting to start a museum....not sure who told me this story though....

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
VERY cool catch!!!
It vaguely rings a bell, I probably even played it without putting any money in it :)
Unwrap it and test it pleeeeeease!!!!

Thwocker

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Universal Arcade Cabs

Joust pinball, yum!   :o

sorry, couldn't resist, now straight back to your excellent new driving game!

Cheers,
Marco
Wanted: everything Universal , Stern and Gottlieb. Currently looking for Computer R3, Curve Ball, Goal to Go, Jungler, Fast Draw, Limbo, No Man's Land and Speed Coin.

jcp

• View Profile
Thwocker : the owner of the Joust Pinball is the man who gave the Gorf cab to Ully.

Nuno : congratulations, a fine cab and a game of skills (like Space Zap for example, but with more pictures!).

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
Congrats, Bruno...great catch :)

This reminds me that Dirk has such a beast hidden somewhere in a storage (IIRC) and is still dreaming of bringing it back to life  :shock:

Capt. Kirk

• View Profile
Thats right. We still got some spare film reels with different tracks.
Alas, the seat is missing, too.

Hmm, since our last project reaches its final stage.... let get this beast in.  ;D

and: there is no Monitor, so no monitor-problems ::)