Author Topic: Anyone tried this store?  (Read 18106 times)

Wurstkopp

• Sausage loving vegetarian
    • View Profile
    • NIKLAS HUGHES ILLUSTRATIONS
Re: Anyone tried this store?
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2014, 03:35:26 PM »
Guess I just had luck then. Maybe it's best to avoid him. :(

Robotron, Smash TV, Final Fight, Donkey Kong, Red Tent, Indiana Jones, Galaga 88, Roadblasters SD, Centipede cabaret, Asteroids cabaret, Phoenix cabaret, MVS-U4

aioros

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2014, 03:09:20 PM »
I received some Smash TV arts today and I'm really satisfied. Communication was ace, shipping and packaging was ace too. I can't say something bad bout the prices too, I ended up paying 140 Euros incl. shipping for two really huge sidearts ( 100 x 200 cm each) and a monster of control panel. The quality is great too, very beautiful + sharp prints on thick vinyl. Highly recommended. :)

Btw: According to the tracking data it was shipped from TREVISO, Italy.

They're on ebay too:
http://www.ebay.de/sch/mk-arcade-restore/m.html?ssPageName=STRK%3Anull%3AMESOI&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2654

:D, these artworks are mine ;)

Guess I just had luck then. Maybe it's best to avoid him. :(

Well, I wouldn't say you were lucky.

The quality of the printings you have has an easy explanation. They took the Smash TV artworks I sent to Zorg last year and just printed it. As the files are freehand format, the printings they sent you are good enough.

A KLOV user warned me about they were selling my artworks. All I can say is that I feel relieved that you weren't cheated  ;).

Anyway, this kind of behaviour is disgusting  >:(
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 03:12:54 PM by aioros »
Help me!!!, I see vectors everywhere!!!

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2014, 10:16:19 PM »
It's such a small community, it's really stupid of them to steal stuff like that.
 :arrow: I'll never buy anything from them.

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2014, 04:38:32 AM »
ThisOldGame is also selling Smash TV artwork, I wonder who's artwork is that then?

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2014, 07:27:54 AM »
I would never question ThisOldGame's integrity.

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2014, 07:44:28 AM »
Me neither,  I just ordered some cpo's and stuff from Rich.   :)

kroustibat

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Pascal-O-Rama
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2014, 08:53:15 AM »
Why am i not surprised that the guy stole artworks ...

Funily enought , during my "tense discussion" with him, he claimed he spent a lots of time cleaning and preparing his artwork ^^

Talking about thisoldgames , is there any trick to avoid taxes/toll ? :P Anything coming from usa is taxed to death in belgium -_-
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 09:04:27 AM by kroustibat »

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2014, 09:40:25 AM »
Talking about thisoldgames , is there any trick to avoid taxes/toll ? :P Anything coming from usa is taxed to death in belgium -_-
I'm afraid the only trick is to ask the seller to declare a lower value and/or to send the stuff as "samples".
Anyway, just by going through the Belgian toll, they will ask you for 10€ cash on delivery (they openyour package and put a dsv sticker on it).

aioros

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2014, 01:12:34 PM »
ThisOldGame is also selling Smash TV artwork, I wonder who's artwork is that then?

Yes, ThisOldGame is selling my artworks, but the main difference is that I allowed them to do that.

You can download any artwork from Vectorlib or similar websites and print it wherever you want, but advertising them as part of your printing service without the author's permission tells everything about the seller. Although Rich had these files from the beginning, he didn't post them on his website 'cause I requested him not to do that. Anyway, you could ask him to print them as you could do with any other artworks.

When Biomech011 told me about this Belgian guy, I allowed him to advertise them on ThisOldGame website. If anyone is going to get a profit, he has demonstrated me he is a reliable person. Without any doubt, Rich is the right guy ;)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 01:17:32 PM by aioros »

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2014, 01:30:07 PM »
I agree, Rich is the best.

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2014, 01:35:48 PM »
I agree, Rich is the best.

well, he's good, but he's also extremely slow!!! and it's got worse over the years ...
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2014, 01:47:55 PM »
...... but he's also extremely slow!!! and it's got worse over the years ...

Say that again.  ::)

Wurstkopp

• Sausage loving vegetarian
    • View Profile
    • NIKLAS HUGHES ILLUSTRATIONS
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2014, 09:15:35 AM »
@aioros:
Stealing files is a really sad thing and pitiful behavior and the reason why I would never put artwork from me on the internet which I don't want to be reproduced with a financial benefit (though you can't always avoid it, especially when you are part of a online community). As an illustrator you have to deal with such cases your whole life and you are paying serious money for lawyers and organizations to uphold your copyright and get your own pictures removed from websites who are advertising and making money with your work. I think it won't be easy to get justice for a file where you don't really "own" the rights, after all the whole arcade artwork has been designed originally by other people so I don't think it's worth the try and go to a lawyer.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 09:19:35 AM by Wurstkopp »

Robotron, Smash TV, Final Fight, Donkey Kong, Red Tent, Indiana Jones, Galaga 88, Roadblasters SD, Centipede cabaret, Asteroids cabaret, Phoenix cabaret, MVS-U4

aioros

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2014, 02:26:07 PM »
@aioros:
Stealing files is a really sad thing and pitiful behavior and the reason why I would never put artwork from me on the internet which I don't want to be reproduced with a financial benefit (though you can't always avoid it, especially when you are part of a online community)...

That's a pitty. If I thought like you, you wouldn't have a copy of the Smash TV artworks ;)

Putting the files on vectorlib means that everyone is going to be able to print them wherever and whenever they want. That's the main goal, preservation.

I think it won't be easy to get justice for a file where you don't really "own" the rights, after all the whole arcade artwork has been designed originally by other people so I don't think it's worth the try and go to a lawyer.

It's been never my intention :D. The rights are owned by the original artists who designed them more than twenty years ago, of course.

The Smash TV artworks are not the saint Graal, not even a hidden treasure or the Gollum's precious ring :D. These artworks are just an interpretation of the original ones (without halftone patterns and many other differences, as the dimensions of the side arts and the CPO that are not 100% accurate). If the original ones are badly damaged, maybe they are a good choice (if you doesn't bother about "fake" artworks ;))

I don't bother about people selling my work. I uploaded it knowing that this was going to happen.

You can say "Hey, I have a printing service where you can order any artwork from Vectorlib". That's absolutely fair. The only thing I can't stand is the "Mikonos way", I mean, people who claims to be the owner and designer of every piece of artwork he sells, arguing about how many hours he spent cleaning and tracing every line, when he knows it's not true. In other words, people who advertize artworks from Vectorlib, AFFA forum, Dragonslairfans and many others without mentioning the source of the files ;)

Spinnhacker

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2014, 02:51:08 PM »
@aioros:
Stealing files is a really sad thing and pitiful behavior and the reason why I would never put artwork from me on the internet which I don't want to be reproduced with a financial benefit (though you can't always avoid it, especially when you are part of a online community)...

That's a pitty. If I thought like you, you wouldn't have a copy of the Smash TV artworks ;)

Putting the files on vectorlib means that everyone is going to be able to print them wherever and whenever they want. That's the main goal, preservation.

I think it won't be easy to get justice for a file where you don't really "own" the rights, after all the whole arcade artwork has been designed originally by other people so I don't think it's worth the try and go to a lawyer.

It's been never my intention :D. The rights are owned by the original artists who designed them more than twenty years ago, of course.

The Smash TV artworks are not the saint Graal, not even a hidden treasure or the Gollum's precious ring :D. These artworks are just an interpretation of the original ones (without halftone patterns and many other differences, as the dimensions of the side arts and the CPO that are not 100% accurate). If the original ones are badly damaged, maybe they are a good choice (if you doesn't bother about "fake" artworks ;))

I don't bother about people selling my work. I uploaded it knowing that this was going to happen.

You can say "Hey, I have a printing service where you can order any artwork from Vectorlib". That's absolutely fair. The only thing I can't stand is the "Mikonos way", I mean, people who claims to be the owner and designer of every piece of artwork he sells, arguing about how many hours he spent cleaning and tracing every line, when he knows it's not true. In other words, people who advertize artworks from Vectorlib, AFFA forum, Dragonslairfans and many others without mentioning the source of the files ;)

I fully agree with your thoughts !!!