Author Topic: Anyone tried this store?  (Read 18107 times)

Thwocker

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Universal Arcade Cabs
Anyone tried this store?
« on: October 06, 2014, 09:21:34 AM »
Located in Belgium:

http://www.mk-arcade-restore.be/

Would make a lot of difference in shipping cost. Anyone tried their artwork yet? What's the verdict?

Cheers,
Marco
Wanted: everything Universal , Stern and Gottlieb. Currently looking for Computer R3, Curve Ball, Goal to Go, Jungler, Fast Draw, Limbo, No Man's Land and Speed Coin.

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone tried this store?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 09:33:40 AM »
The real question is "Has anyone here tried Mortal Kombat?"
 ;D

ajhippel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 10:06:59 AM »
just checked the side-arts section (asteroids, popeye)...

i couldn find prices - just a button to make offers? what kind of "store" is this?
there is too much butter on those trays

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 10:36:11 AM »

i couldn find prices - just a button to make offers? what kind of "store" is this?

i hate this trend. i really hate it.
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

Wurstkopp

• Sausage loving vegetarian
    • View Profile
    • NIKLAS HUGHES ILLUSTRATIONS
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 10:43:29 AM »
I received some Smash TV arts today and I'm really satisfied. Communication was ace, shipping and packaging was ace too. I can't say something bad bout the prices too, I ended up paying 140 Euros incl. shipping for two really huge sidearts ( 100 x 200 cm each) and a monster of control panel. The quality is great too, very beautiful + sharp prints on thick vinyl. Highly recommended. :)

Btw: According to the tracking data it was shipped from TREVISO, Italy.

They're on ebay too:
http://www.ebay.de/sch/mk-arcade-restore/m.html?ssPageName=STRK%3Anull%3AMESOI&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2654

« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 10:47:43 AM by Wurstkopp »

Robotron, Smash TV, Final Fight, Donkey Kong, Red Tent, Indiana Jones, Galaga 88, Roadblasters SD, Centipede cabaret, Asteroids cabaret, Phoenix cabaret, MVS-U4

Thwocker

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Universal Arcade Cabs
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 10:54:19 AM »
hadn't seen that, they have prices on eBay that seem to be competitive (though I didn't do extensive market research)

Wanted: everything Universal , Stern and Gottlieb. Currently looking for Computer R3, Curve Ball, Goal to Go, Jungler, Fast Draw, Limbo, No Man's Land and Speed Coin.

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2014, 11:01:16 AM »
hadn't seen that, they have prices on eBay that seem to be competitive (though I didn't do extensive market research)

yep. that´s acutally okay for these huge sidearts.
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

Wurstkopp

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2014, 11:25:48 AM »
Absolutely, especially with this kind of quality. The only downer is that they print everything on the same vinyl-material and marquees usually get printed on backlit-material as vinyl is too thick for some arcade lights. I mentioned that and they immediately offered me to exclude the marquee and lowered the costs. Really nice + smooth.

Robotron, Smash TV, Final Fight, Donkey Kong, Red Tent, Indiana Jones, Galaga 88, Roadblasters SD, Centipede cabaret, Asteroids cabaret, Phoenix cabaret, MVS-U4

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2014, 12:09:37 PM »
Absolutely, especially with this kind of quality. The only downer is that they print everything on the same vinyl-material and marquees usually get printed on backlit-material as vinyl is too thick for some arcade lights. I mentioned that and they immediately offered me to exclude the marquee and lowered the costs. Really nice + smooth.

since i do not need marquees for gyruss and ms. pac... this would be a cool alternative. do you think i can ask him to exclude marquee and cpo to lower the price?

Wurstkopp

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2014, 12:34:25 PM »
since i do not need marquees for gyruss and ms. pac... this would be a cool alternative. do you think i can ask him to exclude marquee and cpo to lower the price?

Pretty sure. :)

kroustibat

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Pascal-O-Rama
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2014, 02:17:18 PM »
they don't laminate the vinyl and he doesn't have a declared shop , so he doesn't have to pay taxes (and not fair to others shops who follows the rules). That explains the lower prices.

I got a "tense" forum discussion with that guy , because i was tired of him flooding belgian forums , second hand website with loooooots of his ads (where only one post was enough). http://www.arcadebelgium.net/t4926-vds-side-art-full-pack-the-simpson-s-the-game-burgertime (french only).

Apparently that guy got history on arcade controls too.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 02:41:03 PM by kroustibat »

Wurstkopp

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2014, 02:47:33 PM »
i can only judge by the experience I had with him and the stuff that has arrived here. My french is much too bad to understand everything, if I have understood correctly he wasn't too happy bout the tax number question and did a lot of thread-pushing. Surely not the nicest attitude, but ehh, if the prints are okay who cares? :)

kroustibat

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Pascal-O-Rama
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2014, 03:01:54 PM »
yes, every one is free to buy anywhere they want.

at that time , i really dislike his attitude of flooding all second hands site and forums (he registered only for selling his shit)...
My question about the tax number was not really a concern, but just a way to end his flooding (seems that it worked).

but he was rude and i won't buy anything from him. Even expensiver , i prefer those who plays by the rules.

kos71

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2014, 03:07:49 PM »
one mate purchased there the set from Killer instinct which are for us a graal. so when it came we opened it as 2 kids finding a pot of candy and it was  sh*t .
If you look at it you see that the images were not cleaned after scan . Colors are not matching the original . So area of sticker are blurry .
The worst for the end, stickers are not laminated . just by opening the tube where the stickers are stored you could dommage them .
I will not recommand to purchase the KI set from him for the rest I can not tell as I did not see the rest of his work . For me it looks like a garage shop .
For sure I will not take the risk again .

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2014, 03:33:43 PM »
"make an offer!" - what a piece of crap. that move alone disqualifies them for me!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!