Author Topic: Artworks for MAME. Please donate scans to Mr. Dr and his helpers.  (Read 14183 times)

Vond

• View Profile
Re: Artworks for MAME. Please donate scans to Mr. Dr and his helpers.
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 09:02:25 AM »
I did not fully understand the request was?
If you need bezel scans (atleast that is what i've understood from clicking throught the site)
There are alot of them already posted on the forum here.

Spinnhacker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 09:28:37 AM »
Unfortunately I do not like Mikonos !!! :evil:

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 09:31:48 AM »
Unfortunately I do not like Mikonos !!! :evil:

hehe... nobody likes Mikonos. What a shame that this guy is such a dick.
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 11:10:13 PM »

I had mail-contact with him and it was ok, but I cannot judge after some mails....I have to buy some Exerion-prints from him, than I will see if I can with him or not.

As for the Mr. Do!-Donation:

Is everything welcome?

I have to scan my Star-Splash ZZZ for Mr. Spinnhacker. For that project I need to buy a see-through-scanner. As soon as I have it I will scan more of the stuff I have.

I think I should at least scan the:

Jeutel Galaktron
Zaccaria Astro Wars
Tail Gunner 2 Cockpit
Olympia Portraits
SEGA Tac/Scan
The Asteroids Deluxe (as it is the irish version with the red letters/spaceship)
Operation Bear
Alca Flying Circus (EM-Game)
Williams Artic-Gun (EM-Game)
SEGA Shooting Master
Gremlin Super Space Attack
Super Invaders
Universal Cosmic Alien

Once I have the scanner and I found the right procedure I know I want to scan anything I can  ;D
I have a dream....that one day....all members of forum are the same....no matter how long ago they have joined, how many games they own or how many posts they wrote ;)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 11:36:05 PM »
Syno, if you like being ripped off, buy from Mikonos....

The only thing that guy did was completely ruin any good reputation European repro-artwork creators had...

Read all the pages if you are bored...it's quite amusing, but not for the guys who lost money...
http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=302554&highlight=mikonos

Bruno....better check IP of this Dullaron guy....very funny first post.....could well be our friend himself...

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2014, 12:46:28 AM »

OK, bad reputation is there to keep others from dealing with rip-off-artists  :evil:

I am not going to buy from him.

Any other source to get Exerion-Artwork from?
I have a dream....that one day....all members of forum are the same....no matter how long ago they have joined, how many games they own or how many posts they wrote ;)

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2014, 09:44:06 AM »

OK, bad reputation is there to keep others from dealing with rip-off-artists  :evil:

I am not going to buy from him.

Any other source to get Exerion-Artwork from?

good descision, F@ck Mikonos

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2014, 02:13:30 PM »

But where to get my Exerion Artwork from?  ???

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2014, 03:52:55 PM »
there is many artwork that is only available through this major ass, but i personally prefer no art then art from this ass

On coinopart there is a scan from the marquee available:

thats about the same quality as mikonos delivers..

Just find some guy who can do vectorwork  ::)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 03:58:33 PM by Etienne MacGyver »

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2014, 03:56:30 PM »
The scans on coinopart are usually good enough (resolution) to be printed....the quality is really good so (in most cases) no vector work necessary ;)

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2014, 04:00:12 PM »
Its indeed not too bad, i have taken a screenshot here from the file i just downloaded there :

Zorg

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2014, 07:03:54 AM »
Bruno....better check IP of this Dullaron guy....very funny first post.....could well be our friend himself...

Dullaron is  trusted and honorable member over mameworld artwork forum.

the mameartwork project is fully dedicated to preservation of the arts (positive side effects it also provides a more acurate experience when using mame ;-))   

the mameartwork project is leaded by Mr DO and it has involved great guys over the years,
I would say that this is really a trusted project where you can provide scans with confidence
furthermore the project will also really benefit from artwork artist willing to share time and efforts to restore the arts.

I would love to jump in the project again, but life is life....

Mr. Do

• View Profile
Re: Artworks for MAME. Please donate scans to Mr. Do and his helpers.
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2016, 04:06:09 AM »

I had mail-contact with him and it was ok, but I cannot judge after some mails....I have to buy some Exerion-prints from him, than I will see if I can with him or not.

As for the Mr. Do!-Donation:

Is everything welcome?

I have to scan my Star-Splash ZZZ for Mr. Spinnhacker. For that project I need to buy a see-through-scanner. As soon as I have it I will scan more of the stuff I have.

I think I should at least scan the:

Jeutel Galaktron
Zaccaria Astro Wars
Tail Gunner 2 Cockpit
Olympia Portraits
SEGA Tac/Scan
The Asteroids Deluxe (as it is the irish version with the red letters/spaceship)
Operation Bear
Alca Flying Circus (EM-Game)
Williams Artic-Gun (EM-Game)
SEGA Shooting Master
Gremlin Super Space Attack
Super Invaders
Universal Cosmic Alien

Once I have the scanner and I found the right procedure I know I want to scan anything I can  ;D

Hi guys!!!  I noticed this thread a few weeks ago, and thought I should come and say hi.

I've admired... from afar... the work that has gone on over here.  I never asked for anything here before, though, for reasons already mentioned in this thread.

Not that I didn't trust the people here, but I got burned by the aformentioned ass, and a couple other people, all within a short period of time.  After even remotely being associated with him for a short time, I wanted to distance myself him, to not give anyone the wrong perception.  That combined with other personal life goings on, I just needed to take a break for myself.  Among other things, I went back to school, and I just completed my AA degree, which will help later at work.

Anyway... I'm back :!:  I've got a backlog of stuff to get working on, as people like Comboman, Antny, and Nightvoice have been continuing to post stuff at MAMEWorld, along with other stuff I need to get working on..  The MAME Artwork project still has many, many years to go before it is complete.

One thing that is seriously lacking in the MAME Artwork project, though, is European artwork.  I think right now, there are only 5 games that have European artwork today.  One of them is actually thanks to Etienne... the Bertolino Galaxian bezel, which zorg sent me back in 2011.  (And I just noticed my sloppy bookkeeping... I mentioned him on the release, but not in the LAY file with the artwork... I'll fix that next update, sorry :( )

If there are people here willing to share, it would be most appreciated.  I'm always looking for anything that can be displayed on the screen, which would be bezels, marquees, control panels, instruction cards.  And I always give credit where credit is due.

In return, I have a library of scanned stuff that I still haven't gotten to yet, if anyone needs anything.  (e.g. funny it was mentioned above... the Exerion bezel that the ass has now... he got that from me).  Some of it is posted on my WIP page... some of it is stuff that I just haven't gotten to yet.

In the end, my goal  is the same as everyone else here (I think):  help current cab owners restore them to their former glory, and put out as much artwork out there as possible, so it can be archived along with MAME.

--- James

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2016, 09:55:47 AM »
oh boy... what did happen?
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!