Author Topic: OMG! look at this amsterdam warehouse sale!  (Read 26611 times)

joeks

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade Art Repro
OMG! look at this amsterdam warehouse sale!
« on: December 30, 2008, 05:33:52 PM »
title says it all.
all those pretty nintendo cabs! i want one, but have no space for the whole batch (about 20 cabinets)..
someone with storage room (bruno :) ) must save those cabs and sell them (1 for me!).

http://www.marktplaats.nl/index.php?url=http%3A//verkopers.marktplaats.nl/2865998
Makes Arcade Artwork Reproductions at www.arcadeartrepro.com

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
Re: OMG! look at this amsterdam warehouse sale!
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 05:50:34 PM »
Jesus Christ  :o :o :o You're right... so many Nintendo cab'  :o :-* :-* :-*
The problem is... where to store them ?  :-\ :-\ :-\
I do not fully understand Marketplaats  :-[. Does the 1000€ means a 'buy it now for 1000€ ?

Thanks for the link joeks, and welcome here  :-*

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 06:33:06 PM »
O-MY-GOD !

HO-LY F____

That's impossible ! Those things only happen in the US !!!!!!!

This hurts ! All those lovely Nintendo's. I see a Popeye (with a Dr.Mario marquee ?, DK, Super MB vs. but the pictures are terrible and way too small. The Centipede's are US cabs, not Irish !
Is that racing cab a Pole Position ?
And all the way at the back may be a Xevious ?

Bruno:
Yep pretty much like it. It's kind of a suggested price, but I guess if you show up tomorrow with the 1000 euro, the machines are yours.

I see NO way to store them. Not even half of them..... :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Wish he'd sell them separately , I'd get another Nintendo cab for sure so I could have one vertical and one with horizontal monitor.

But the worst thing is now KNOWING that these machines are only 90 km away from me.....and MAY get destroyed......

We need a plan to rescue them !

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 07:04:23 PM »
Arghhh ! I dunno what to do... where the [CENSURED] Am I going to put so many games, even for a short period   :shock: ???
My game room (v1 + v2) is already full, I still have a lot of games inside my house, and I'm not talking of the Galaxian Theater  :ghost: ...

Jesus Christ... it would be a Killing Road Trip  :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 07:17:26 PM »
+1 !!! Even if we'd share the games I still couldn't store 10 of them...... this hurts !

gravitone

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 07:25:22 PM »
Hi people, let me introduce myself. Im gravitone. Long time lurker here, and a known face around emulation boards, irc, and videogame collecting sites. I noticed this great sale on marktplaats and I think its time to finally slip into action. There are plenty of gems in that stash, so im organizing the storage and looking at transport. I can get everything stored in 2 locations about 65km north of amsterdam. I contacted the seller to see whats possible. Obviously these prescious games should be saved from the shredder/dumpster/fire thats in store. I plan to restore a few myself and share the rest with all you wonderfull people. I've emailed the seller already, just waiting for a response now.

Let me know what you are interested in and I'll start sorting this stuff out.

Hope I can post an update here soon.

Best wishes for the new year,

Gravitone

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 07:35:58 PM »
Hi Gravitone and *officially* welcome here  :-*

Thanks for the information. It's good to know that all that stuff will be saved, and in hands of collectors  :-*
So I really hope you'll make the deal  :-*

For info, I'm just looking for *at least* one Nintendo blue cab (Popeye inside  :D)... but it's not the priority on that story of course  ;)

Good luck on this and let us know  :-*

:-* :-* :-*

joeks

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade Art Repro
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2008, 08:26:16 PM »
i would be interested in a complete nintendo cab in good state. preferably a donkey kong or dk jr. cabinet. i am from goes in zeeland myself, halfway between bruno and amsterdam i guess?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 09:02:52 PM by joeks »

liquidx

• Bruxhell, Belgium
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2008, 09:03:30 PM »
Nice find.

If available, I'm up for one of those Centipede cabs. And a neighbour (jofjof27) of mine is up for a Donkey Kong/Nintendo cab.
Also, if anyone needs temp storage in Brussels I can arrange that, it could make transport cheaper (maybe even grouping a pass through Zeeland on the way here to do a drop off?)

findapinball.com - The European pinball locator

gravitone

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2008, 09:17:44 PM »
ok, lets coordinate and work this out. Im in the market for a centepide, and 1-2 nintendo cabs. Im going to do a complete rebuild on the latter so the condition is not really an issue.
We can make this purchase work as a community to get these games to places where they will be taken care off. I'll take care of the communication for the time being. I'll try to get a complete list of the cabinets and their condition (hopefully with photo's). Then we can coordinate combined payment and transport to the netherlands and belgium. Hopefully we can get this all sorted out. I can be reached here or at rj.visser@gmail.com. The auction lists +/- 20 cabinets. which makes an average of 50 per cab very attractive. from the current pictures I can make out at least 6 nintendo cabinets. an outrun upright, 2 centepide cabinets, a neogeo MVS-6-25, MVS-4-25 , the last cab in the last picture has the word trivia on the marquee. But I have no idea what that is. so yeah, a centepide and nintendo cab for me im willing to put in 200 euros for those two depending on the condition. More info as it becomes available. Hopefully this will make a great belated christmass present for many of us.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 09:30:08 PM by gravitone »

joeks

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade Art Repro
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2008, 10:01:27 PM »
when there's more info and pictures available (thanks for taking care of that) can't we just all meet there, hand over the money and split the cabs on the spot? or store selected games at various locations and hand them over to the buyers at a later time.

looking forward to it :)

gravitone

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2008, 10:07:58 PM »
Too bad, the cabs have been sold. I've asked to come in touch with the buyer to see if we can still get some of the cabs.

joeks

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade Art Repro
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2008, 10:14:13 PM »
oh NO! :(
we should have called the seller right away that it was a done deal.

gravitone

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2008, 10:37:31 PM »
The whole lot was bought for 1800 by some german buyer. I asked the seller to see if the buyer was interested in parting ways with a few cabs individually. hope something can still be worked out.

joeks

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade Art Repro
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2008, 10:43:54 PM »
that's one lucky german dude. too bad for us. next time i buy first, then post on this forum about splitting the cabs with fellow collectors :)