Author Topic: Hi  (Read 4072 times)

pozega71

• View Profile
Hi
« on: September 14, 2014, 07:23:05 PM »
Hi,
I think it is time to say hello since I have been a "Reader" in this forum for a long time :)
I am 43 years old and live in Germany/Oberhausen. In the early 80's, my friends and me spent a lot of time playing arcade games you could find at every corner or we just watched others playing when we had no more money. I have made up my mind a long time ago, sometime I would have my own arcade machine. Finally one and a half years ago I started with the arcade hobby and I must say that I am addicted to it since that time.
In the meantime I have transported some machines in my basement (Zaccaria Scramble and Crazy Kong, MsPacman Galaga Class of 81, Sega Naomi). My favorite games are: Donkey Kong, Gyruss, Scramble, Time Pilot, Moon Patrol, all those classics from the early 80's.
Yesterday I was in Hilversum and enjoyed playing all those nice machines and was impressed about the condition of the cabinets. My absolute favorite in Hilversum was Gyruss and I played some games on Eric's nice machine. It was also a pleasure for me to meet some of you guys the first time and talk about the arcade hobby :)
Regards, Damir

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 09:24:09 PM »
Welcome Damir,  great to know that you had a great time yesterday and that you loved playing Gyruss,  it indeed is a great game.

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 08:19:58 AM »
Herzlich Willkommen! :)

We should have had those name badges earlier so people like Damir could have been able to recognize the nicknames and talk to some of us (if they would like to) :)

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 05:46:57 PM »
Hi Damir,

After being long time reader, you already know the place  ;)
Write mode =ON ! :pac:

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 07:32:37 PM »
hey damir,

nice that you found the way! :)
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

pozega71

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 11:40:22 PM »
Thanks for your welcome! Hope to meet you again :)