Author Topic: [cebulba's Roadtrip] SAR Mission all way down A1  (Read 5660 times)

cebulba

• View Profile
[cebulba's Roadtrip] SAR Mission all way down A1
« on: May 18, 2014, 11:14:31 PM »
hello folks and arcade lovers,

another weekend - another roadtrip (at least one being documented today).

Recently on dragonslair there was a quest...a quest for arcade youth?!?
https://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php?topic=5410.0

It's true that every man needs a Mrs...and while I'm in redundance on Midway cabs I heard the cry of the cheerleaders:

and offered help on this one....
I'm working on your mission...do I get one of the cheerleaders then?  lol
you get them all. the original ones from that picture. i promise!

WORD. ;D

So...let's start this roadtrip....400km straight southbound following Autobahn 1 to the lovely city of Trier.

Anybody want to join? Lucy?

"Wuff....Sorry...I have a bad back...."  :o

Ok. I daresay the dog's answer so once again a lonely wolf back on the road.
Preparations on Saturday evening:

"Why is there always a cab in my car? Go get out of here!"  :P

exchanged with the right one.  ;D

With a last minute message from Bruno if I could bring something for him in addition and while real Cowboys normally don't wake up before 10:00am, I visited a local collector buddy who only lives 30 minutes away in the nice city of Oldenburg in the late evening.

"Jörg - I heard you have a Daytona Topper left?"
"Howdy, yeeehaaaa. Come in but keep your pants on because of the horses" 8)

Remember: The time your arcade cabinets move out (into a museum) you need to find a new solution for the former gameroom. Seems he found a better way than my parents (my kid bedroom is now an ironing board room).

Unfortunately that heavy beast didn't fit beneath the Ms. And while having a couple of monitors in addition on the seats...it was impossible to take it with me. I'm REALLY SORRY BRUNO  :'(
(and Jörg pretty sure, too  ::)

(this is the last roadtrip for this car anyway...)

Another day after a cup of coffee time to leave.

I remember the route very well and the surroundings/landscape (worked for the local tourist bureaus twice as often in the past)....and hence this forum has an education purpose (in special for our teachers here  :wink: ) time again for some history lessons and culture of my country.
Nearby the city of Trier is a region, well known for it's castles:

Ruin of Manderscheid

in addition of course for its river Mosel and the wine:

and last but not least....which you might didn't know of its VULCANOS :twisted::

We call them MAARE over here and some of these are still active....although they didn't shoot the bull for hundreds of years.

At 12:00 - in time for lunch - I arrived at Trier. We all know the place...that roman gate...and the opposite....so why not take a rest on the top of the sky:

Beautyful view on the roman church.

But...churches back and roman history forth...this is not we came for. You know why?

As real Men do when talking about girls we found a gentleman agreement on the Lady in Pink .....and that's what I got :

They belong together (Andre - no offense  :P)...for gods sake Stefan has kept one for himself....

Lets place this beauty in the shop:

"Oh no! It's full of Ghosts already?!? Beautyful cabinet...and so looking nice once cleaned  ::)

Let's hope that lift is coming closer otherwise there will be not much left of the store besides cabs...(not soo bad if you want my opinion  :oops: )

Once again we exchanged some presents (+ the monitors from Wurstkopp taken a few weeks back):

Nice artwork!*

and then I already had to leave...another 4 hours north....arriving at my garage unloading:

and placing in my storage unit which is more safe than other storage rooms I have heard about  :pac:

In the front: Sega Rally left and right side for another forum member taken from Nozomi a few weeks back....in the back to the left (2nd room)...all the stuff from that barn raid waiting for container lovers to be picked up soon....if there's a pick up date for the container at all  :-*

With 3 Midway cabs, a couple of southern Radlers and coffee, nice talks and 880km in total, this roadtrip is officially over.
Mission accomplished.

But one question is still left: WHERE ARE MY CHEERLEADERS?  :roll:

*anybody interested in a group buy?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 11:45:16 PM by cebulba »

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
Re: [cebulba's Roadtrip] SAR Mission all way down A1
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 11:23:51 PM »
haha! really good one again from you! glad i was part of this story. :)
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

Wurstkopp

• Sausage loving vegetarian
    • View Profile
    • NIKLAS HUGHES ILLUSTRATIONS
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 05:28:30 PM »
Your roadtrip documentions really are the best! Dogs, castles, volcanos, supersonic jets, cowboys - geez. :D

Robotron, Smash TV, Final Fight, Donkey Kong, Red Tent, Indiana Jones, Galaga 88, Roadblasters SD, Centipede cabaret, Asteroids cabaret, Phoenix cabaret, MVS-U4

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 07:06:00 PM »
LOL, yes I agree ! The only things missing are tits, guns and helicopters  ;D ;D

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 07:13:37 PM »
LOL, yes I agree ! The only things missing are tits   ;D ;D

i did cover mine before the pictures were taken...
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2014, 03:01:14 PM »
Nice story/road trip/ cabinet!  :)
I've seen that 25th anniversary in person in the Stefan's shop, and I'm a fan of this 'recent' cabinet. It's just a little bit strange to play such games on a so huge screen, but the 'spirit' of these classics are still here, so what else?  ;)
Yeah, too bad for the Daytona topper... but I really appreciate you tried to help me, guys  :)
Wow, what a nice cleaning already done on my your  G'N'Roses'N'Goblins Stefan  :o Magic sponge I presume?  8) Well done!