Author Topic: [Superully's Restoration] Reactor - Time to stop the Nuclear Meltdown  (Read 26273 times)

AusWoody

• View Profile
Re: [Superully's Restoration] Reactor - Time to stop the Nuclear Meltdown
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2014, 09:51:29 AM »
I would start with the checks Etienne has suggested.

It is very possible for a broken wire/ bad join to make enough contact to allow sufficient voltage to reach a DMM as they are low impedance. i.e. they have no real load of their own to offer the circuit. However, a bulb will offer load to the circuit and "break down" the broken wire and no real voltage will exist. Remember Ohms law ;) V=IR

Woody

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2014, 09:54:14 AM »
Am I crazy or do I see two white wires on the lamp holder and a white and a red/white going from where you measured ?

no, you're eyes (and your mind) are still working fine. that's the second ground wire running to the second bulb holder. but just to make sure i've also tried / measured without that wire - results were the same :(

Ow LOL, I was watching your pics on my iPad and didn't realize they were bigger than the screen, now watching on my iMac it becomes a lot more clear  I missed the right side of the pics....was too sleepy to swipe them I guess  ;D ;D ;D

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2015, 06:40:09 PM »
Hey Ully, just dug out this great thread.....any updates ? love your work on the cab....some good info for my Q*bert restoration. (Especially about the base).

i just love the shape of the Gottlieb cabs......for a U.S. cab it is so compact, yet the shape is AWESOME !

Your resto of the PSU makes my work look like child's play, then again yours was WAY worse to begin with....

You can convert the PSU to make it run on 230VAC, thanks to Jochen and Andreas' help:
https://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php?topic=2937.msg89025#msg89025

What vinyl did you use ?
I guess Q*bert's side is vinyl too..... I never looked that close....

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2015, 10:33:31 PM »
i bought the silkscreened sideart from phoenixarcade quite a while ago. it had been sitting in its original shipping tube for some time now, but when i unrolled it for the first time i immediately realized there was something badly wrong with it. you could already feel the wrinkles through the protective layer and when i removed it i knew that this was totally unusable :arrow:

of course i contacted darin about this, after all the silkscreened reactor sideart had cost me A LOT OF MONEY, but i have yet to hear back from him ...  :-[ >:(

unfortunately, the sideart doesn't seem to be available anymore on his website, so i guess i'll have to try my luck somewhere else. it really is a shame, because i'd like to finish this restoration asap and start working on something else - and of course play the freaking game. DAMN IT!!!

Kriegst Du von mir....  (you get it from me....)
I have a dream....that one day....all members of forum are the same....no matter how long ago they have joined, how many games they own or how many posts they wrote ;)