Author Topic: Unknown Zacc found:Guttang Gottong  (Read 16074 times)

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
Unknown Zacc found:Guttang Gottong
« on: February 02, 2014, 11:25:31 AM »
A few weeks ago, a friend of mine sent me some pics from a badly damaged Pole Position cockpit and I spotted a Zacc in the background. 8)
It was a generic Starsplash full upright, but the marquee was really interesting.
I asked them to bring it to Budapest, so no roadtrip this time.
The marquee is badly damaged, but it is original silkscreened.
It was originally a Guttang Gottong aka. Loco-motion, the artwork on the marquee is a train mixed with the Starsplash theme.

There is a second plexi strip under the bended marquee, never saw like this before

Cp is a genereic Starsplash with an extra button

Bezel missing, cardboard is in 1/10 condition :-\

Inside

Found some broken Starsplash bezel glasses

There is a metal coin box installed and they also cut out the bottom wooden panel of the cab, have no idea why

Power plug was cut

Installed a new one, checked the voltages and fired it up with a soccer pcb

Seems like the monitor is ok ;D

Meanwhile, I found a guy on KLOV in Japan who has the only known Konami Guttang Gottong pcb and he was so kind and sold it to me

This guy have a lot of classic pcbs for sale, shipping about 25-30 from Japan (trackable 4-5 days), if anybody interested, I open a new topic with the list.
Resto coming soon. ;)

Digimon

• Germany - Hamburg
    • View Profile
Re: Unknown Zacc found:Guttang Gottong
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 11:34:06 AM »
Great!

another Zacc in your collection. ;D
Searching Zaccaria Stuff: Zaxxon CPO, JumpBug CPO or CPO Repro
next project: assemble Zaccaria Vanguard.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 12:03:11 PM »
Holy darn ;) it's these ultra-rare cherries that keep this hobby so much fun ! too bad the marquee is damaged like that but on the other hand it might be the only one left......and then finding and actually getting your hands on the only known PCB.......that just rocks my friend !!! I am positive it is good karma for spotting rare things in the background (like my Namco Galaxian:D :D )

Yes we want to see that list of that seller.....maybe he has some Namco P1 and P2 buttons too ;););)

Another thing: I always love to see local papers as packing material really gives you a feeling of where it came from :):)

Congrats on finding this, you deserve it !!

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 02:55:34 PM »
great catch, bela, congrats!!! although it's still a(n) (ugly) zacc, stories like that are what make our hobby so damn interesting: the thrill of the hunt! i didn't know the game before, but i checked out some videos on youtube and this looks like a fun game.

any plans about the marquee? it's a shame that it was damaged and those curved plexis are really hard to scan for reproduction purposes! is there a flyer out there which might help you?
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

vernimark

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 02:58:47 PM »
 :spaceace:  :spaceace:

Neverending zaccarias...

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2014, 06:32:10 PM »
Thanks guys, it was a nice hunting. :D
Theoretically, the marquee could be reproduced, thre are only 4 known letters and some Starslpash artwork missing, but it would be a pain in the ass. :-\
I think I will leave it like that and put a Stasplash artwork behind the plexi to cover the missing part.
This game was absolutely unknown until now, even the Zaccaria Pope in the States never heard of it. :D
There is a flyer from the Centuri Loco-Motion version, but no cabinet pic from Guttang Gottong.

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2014, 07:03:06 PM »
Nice catch Bela,  I never heard of the game (nor Loco motion),  is it fun to play?

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2014, 07:17:42 PM »
Never heard of that, but for finding one and a pcb you deserve a few space aces ;)  :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

PaulSwan

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • ZZZ
    • View Profile
    • The Zaccaria WWW Site
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2014, 07:41:22 PM »
Nice find! Can you make out from the glass pieces what bezel it should have had? Looks like some form of a star one, though one of the pieces looks odd. One of the generic star ones would fit it fine.

Yeah, that marque is going to be a pain to reproduce :|

Paul.

ZZZ

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2014, 07:56:43 PM »
Nice catch Bela,  I never heard of the game (nor Loco motion),  is it fun to play?
The gameplay is quite different from any other, but I like it, you have to think a bit more before you move the joystick. :D
Hope there will be a place for everybody to try it out. ;)

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2014, 07:59:26 PM »
Nice find! Can you make out from the glass pieces what bezel it should have had? Looks like some form of a star one, though one of the pieces looks odd. One of the generic star ones would fit it fine.

Yeah, that marque is going to be a pain to reproduce :|

Paul.

Will make the puzzle tomorrow. ;)

Thwocker

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Universal Arcade Cabs
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2014, 08:48:10 PM »
damn, I think there was a Guttang Gottong in the collection of the Toy Museum from Mechelen that I bought years ago... either the marquee of a complete games... I hated the looks of the game (and other Zaccaria's) and probably sold it for € 25 or so.... :oops:
Wanted: everything Universal , Stern and Gottlieb. Currently looking for Computer R3, Curve Ball, Goal to Go, Jungler, Fast Draw, Limbo, No Man's Land and Speed Coin.

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2014, 09:37:51 PM »
damn, I think there was a Guttang Gottong in the collection of the Toy Museum from Mechelen that I bought years ago... either the marquee of a complete games... I hated the looks of the game (and other Zaccaria's) and probably sold it for € 25 or so.... :oops:
Let's look on the bright side of the story, this means that at least 1 more cab exists, maybe it will pop up one day. :D
Can you check if you have  a pic from those days?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 09:32:51 AM by Belike »

Thwocker

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Universal Arcade Cabs
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2014, 12:34:35 AM »
yeah, I've been going through files, but no luck yet. I guess those pics are archived, somewhere....
Wanted: everything Universal , Stern and Gottlieb. Currently looking for Computer R3, Curve Ball, Goal to Go, Jungler, Fast Draw, Limbo, No Man's Land and Speed Coin.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2014, 01:12:16 AM »
Let me add a little more spice to this story.

The former collection that Thwocker bought (well part of it) does indeed mention a Guttang Gottang.....but not by Zaccaria but by.......Olympia.licensed from Konami !

So this even gets more interesting.....did Konami really license it to TWO European companies (I believe Olympia was Italian too ?) It doesn't really make sense....so who was the bootlegger this time ?! :)

You can see a part of the collection here still, (see that yellow Computer Space, that's Thwocker's and the one featured at RGE/Eurocade 2013):
https://perswww.kuleuven.be/~u0008708/museum.htm

I have also seen a good number of those machines at Thwocker's (including Berzerk,Kickman, first time I ever saw those, and Sente's Snake Pit !!!)