Author Topic: Back wall translite  (Read 5957 times)

Laszo

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Building
    • View Profile
Back wall translite
« on: November 29, 2013, 11:47:38 PM »
Hi Guys,

I have a question, i want to make a back light translite for the back wall of my game room. (See picture 1) the orginal is picture 2.... How can I best proceed to turn this 1680x798 picture into a 300 dpi 4,50 x2,60 meter picture. Which I then need to print. Any suggestions are welcome  ???
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 11:49:16 PM by Laszo »

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: Back wall translite
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 08:35:47 AM »
Vectorise it, then you can blow it up as big as you want  ;)

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 10:50:01 AM »
When I print at such huge sizes, the print guys usually request 100dpi.
This is to avoid having to deal with huge files and also because often the banners and such are not designed to be looked so close as as a magazine.
Take a close look at posters in window shops, you'd be surprised how pixelated they often are.
Maybe in this case this is more an art print so best practice would be to check first with your print guy for his advice because no need to provide a huge file if he lowers the resolution when he receives it.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 11:16:53 AM »
I bet there are numerous companies that can do this, but I just happen to know this company:

http://www.hollandridderkerk.nl/producten--diensten/print-op-plaat

{edit} Just noticed they don't work for consumers, just business to business but that might not be a problem in your situation... ;)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 11:21:21 AM by Level42 »

Laszo

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Building
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 02:10:59 PM »
I bet there are numerous companies that can do this, but I just happen to know this company:

http://www.hollandridderkerk.nl/producten--diensten/print-op-plaat

{edit} Just noticed they don't work for consumers, just business to business but that might not be a problem in your situation... ;)

I m hoping to print is like a pinball or video translite so that I can backlight it..... But my real issue is the resolution. I'm looking for expertise about how to make this small picture high res enough to blow it up.

liquidx

• Bruxhell, Belgium
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2013, 06:25:15 PM »
I m hoping to print is like a pinball or video translite so that I can backlight it..... But my real issue is the resolution. I'm looking for expertise about how to make this small picture high res enough to blow it up.

Back in the day I did that kind of stuff, we used an app called Perfect Resize - http://www.ononesoftware.com/products/resize8/  (well, it had a different name then, but that's the one).

I believe Photoshop CC has a similar fractal-based resizing algorithm in it now. No idea how good it is though.

findapinball.com - The European pinball locator