Author Topic: Pong and Computer Space available for preorder on Colecovision  (Read 4756 times)

Wil2000

• View Profile
Pong and Computer Space available for preorder on Colecovision
« on: November 28, 2013, 04:14:58 PM »
Hi dudes,

The website Allgamers.fr made an article about the creation of Pong and Computer Space on the good old Colecovision. It's pretty expensive, but for the people who seeks for some exclusive games for their Colecovision, it could worth the deal.

110$ until 7th of December, 150$ after this date. Ouch...

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Re: Pong and Computer Space available for preorder on Colecovision
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 07:40:16 PM »
How is this controlled, with that lousy standard Coleco "joy"stick/phonedial-pad-thing ?

Pong sucks if there's no paddle/pot controller...

Can't see this becoming a big runner. Games too simple, and honoring Atari people on Colecovision.....what's next a release for those two games on the C64 ?

McVenco

• View Profile
    • www.amigascene.nl
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 09:08:23 PM »
The Colecovision takes any standard 9-pin Dsub connector joystick/paddle compatible with Atari/Commodore so that shouldn't be a problem...

As an amateur Colecovision collector I'm actually quite interested in this. Who cares if it's not a designated CV game? I'm just glad that there is such an active CV community that still produces new cartridges with game. Bashing a platform because it "shouldn't have this-and-that-game" is something from the 80s    (Amiga is better than Atari anyway  ;) )

Reservations can be made via the AtariAge forum:
http://atariage.com/forums/topic/217084-colecovison-pongcomputer-space-boxset-reservations/

And apparently it already IS a big runner (whatever "big" on a platform like CV is these days), more that 100 people have already reserved a set..
No arcade cab(s) yet, but happy owner of 2 Colecovisions, 2 Amigas and a pc running Mame.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 09:36:36 PM »
Not saying I'm against it....it's cool the old machines get new releases, but to me, especially Pong seems to be about the simplest thing to do on any machine, and then throw a nice box around it and ask over 100 bucks.....mmmm......it sounds like clever marketing of a very simple "home project"

...I have more respect for people who do projects like the Star Castle I recently pointed to, which squeezes every last bit of power from a system like the 2600 and does something they didn't believe possible BITD (see: Yar's Revenge).

Another project like that was Space Harrier on the Atari 800 series. The guy who did that put about 8 years developing in it, and instead of putting it on a cartridge and putting a nice looking box around it he simply offered the file for download for free:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/184410-space-harrier-released/

Again, it's all fine with me, but I'm not going with EVERY home project....there are some totally crap home-brew games for about all platforms.....and then there are some truly amazing gems.