Author Topic: Tech help needed - Ultracade DL/SA/DL2 20th Cab  (Read 3795 times)

Kavarin

• View Profile
Tech help needed - Ultracade DL/SA/DL2 20th Cab
« on: November 28, 2013, 04:26:41 AM »
I posted this in DL/SA forum... but want to also reach out here

I was given a UC 20th anniv cabinet with the Jamma kit and (what I believe to be) a saicom mini computer inside.

It has a couple of issues that I need help with finding the right direction please

1)  The monitor rolls uncontrollably and I cannot get it to stop despite tweaking the pots on the chassis and flyback, so I am simply going to replace the built-in monitor with a 19" LCD.  Am I correct in assuming I can then run the VGA cable straight to that monitor from the controller PC ?

2)  The PC itself will NOT turn on when the cabinet is powered up.  I have to open the back, reach in and hit the power button on the front of the PC. I actually have to do this about 5 or 6 times, completely killing all power and turning back on before the button will fire up the computer.  I really have NO CLUE what this may be and wondering if I should simply replace the computer (if that is possible)

I am not a pro at this, so I will gladly accept all advice.  I have pics of the PC and JAMMA board here but it looks to be a standard kit that I have seen around the forum.  If someone know where to obtain a replacement, I am all ears !!

I HAVE all the installation discs and codes to go with them.. so I am willing to do a reload/reinstall, but again.. need direction.

Thanks in advance

-Kav

muddymusic

• Arcade Art Shop
    • View Profile
    • Arcade Art Shop
Re: Tech help needed - Ultracade DL/SA/DL2 20th Cab
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 09:53:49 AM »
I don't think it will be as simple as just replacing the monitor with an LCD. I'd imagine the video output is in CGA/15k resolution not VGA/31k which the LCD monitor will be.

If the image won't lock it's likely a very simple job to repair, I would recommend you find a tv repairer and have it fixed - the picture on the CRT will be far superior to an LCD and shouldn't cost much.
repro artwork supplier, visit www.arcadeartshop.com

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 10:17:43 AM »
1) Maybe the video conversion happens on the small board, IMHO worth giving it a try. Do you have a PC-monitor to test it? Then use a 19" tube monitor, not a TFT...cheaper and more accurate ;)

2) You have to go into the PC's BIOS and do the configuration so it boots when power gets back.

Kavarin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 01:04:54 AM »
I replaced the CMOS battery and everything (even the monitor) is working great except the same issue about the computer not turning on when the master power switch is flipped.

I have to open the back, reach in and turn it on manually.  I went into the BIOS as best as I could understand and tried setting it correctly... but nay.

I guess I can live with it, but if someone know the issue here, I am all ears !!

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 06:49:51 AM »
state after power loss = Always on

or something simular like that .