Author Topic: Rambo TV game  (Read 27717 times)

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
Rambo TV game
« on: November 14, 2013, 01:46:42 PM »

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
Re: Rambo TV game
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 02:10:06 PM »
This is epic, indeed :D ....has there ever been a Rambo-game for VCS??

Laschek

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 02:14:42 PM »

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 02:22:49 PM »
There are at least Commando: http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-2600-vcs-commando_7260.html
and Ikari Warriors: http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-2600-vcs-ikari-warriors_7888.html

I know, but if I call a game console "RAMBO TV GAME" I would expect it contains a Rambo-game ;)

maximebeauvais

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 08:07:52 PM »
Big atari fan here and this is the first time I saw that box.

I will have to share this with some friend on atariage.com

thanks

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, 11:05:15 PM »
I just wonder....when were these bootleg machines released ? It looks like they had access to the original molds for the casing......this would be "logical" if these were released when Atari was already selling the 2600 jr. as the old ones may have been sold by the far-east factory....

Or they made molds from an original machine maybe ?

nilfisk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, 10:16:39 PM »
This one was quite common during the second half of the 90s over here in Austria. We had a lot of small electronics shops primarily catering to the migrant communities in Vienna (mostly 10th and 15th district), and most of them had a selection of VCS and later on NES clones. FIRST (I remember them as "FIRST Austria"), listed as manufacturer on the box, was a common brand for all kinds of electronics in these shops, and it seems they still are around: http://www.timetron.com/

Cheers,
Martin

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2013, 10:40:30 PM »
Conrad once had a big store in Rotterdam, I think it opened somewhere in the 90s and I remember having seen Atari 2600 clones there too.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2014, 08:13:26 PM »
And here is another Atari clone, I love these :D

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2014, 11:41:37 PM »
That name !! LOL :)

I kinda like the Aracib one I posted best because they actually tried to copy Atari's style of packaging of about 83-84.

It really makes you think how much of these were sold and how many versions exist....

gamebox

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2015, 02:47:51 PM »
Sorry for bringing this subject back from the dead. :)

I have a stupid question. I saw an actual Rambo console being sold secondhand, but it is almost worthless as it is sold without joysticks which are most likely destroyed (there are some remains of a cable of one of them in the box). Does anyone know if famiclone 9-pin joysticks can be used for this system - they do physically fit in the connector? I can't obtain the original Rambo ones, but famiclone ones are easier to source and I have a few. Thanks in advance. :)

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2015, 10:54:57 AM »
You can use any commodore 64 or Atari 2600 joystick for this system.
Answering your question, judging from these schems, the +5V and the ground is on different pin.

gamebox

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2015, 11:23:25 AM »
Ok, thanks. :)

So, I could basically rewire it, I guess? There is even the original cable of one of the joysticks in the box, with the connector on one end. Some Famiclone joysticks can be opened, though most recent (post 2000 ones) have some built-in IC. I'm not sure if it would interfere with Rambo's operation.

The next thing to sort out would be - the price negotiations. :) The model on offer is with 96 built-in games. It interests me primarily because I've used many famiclones, and I noticed these built-in games are similar to ones I know but still somewhat different - would like to see them in reality. It is a vintage console, I can tell it by the amount of electronics inside (board spanning edge-to-edge inside a console) - famiclones typically have just one chip (NES-on-a-chip) and up to about 10 other components if they don't have an RF output.