Author Topic: Galaxian 3 PSX cheat  (Read 10565 times)

Toykyle

• We saved GT-6. Now it's time to save GH-16 & GH-28
    • View Profile
Galaxian 3 PSX cheat
« on: November 10, 2013, 05:40:47 PM »
There's a cheat code that let's you see the laserdisc video of project dragoon and the rising of gourb, along with project dragoon arcade sequence. All you have to do is when you start the console. When namco logo appears and starts dimming in, press L1, R2, R1, L2, Up, Down, Up, and Down. But do it quickly and at the same time the namco logo freezes. If you do it correctly, you will hear the explosion sound and be take. To debug mode. There you can see the blue and white square that was seen at the beginning of laserdisc (note this blue and white square part is only seen once. If you want to see it again you'd have to restart the console and repeat what you did before at the namco screen) then it cuts to what seems to be attack of the zolgear version, galaxian 3. Then it cuts to pre show, showing some foot ages from the wonder eggs galaxian 3, and then starts the laserdisc video. The rising of gourb is even included. There is also sfx menu. All you need to do while in the video is press the select button (again you'd have to restart the game and repeat the same cheat if you want to go back to video screen.

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
Re: Galaxian 3 PSX cheat
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 11:37:10 PM »
Tried that cheat code long time ago, but don't remember having seen any Zolgear footages in there, nor Wonder Eggs stuff?
If any, could you capture them in video?  ::)

Toykyle

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 05:01:47 AM »
I would capture them, but for some reason screen recorders tend to screw up and purposely lag the recording. If you mean by str files, well idk what to say but, the str files only had audio when I accessed them via jpsxdex. On psxlulz it does show the video but I believe a few str files inside the ISO to be corrupted when playing them... Or maybe they couldn't fully extract the str... But the real reason has something to do with psxlulz's own required plugn (no longer available), wsaspi file. There are also str players in psx ultities, but whenever I insert the str file, they immediately crash or show a error message with garbage words I couldn't understand. I haven't seen any Laserdisc footage of wonder eggs (other than the demonstration showing some screens) nor attack Of the zolgear (other than the 2 minute first preview), which reminds me, have you successfully captured (recorded) both laserdiscs of project dragoon and attack of the zolgear? Too bad I'm not In Europe. It's too bad to have it replaced with that strange air raid game. :(. But hey at least we have pac man battle royale  :pac:  by the way I was able to rip out an image from namco arcade app. It shows the starblade logo, a cabinet, and a half of the arcade screen. But I know there is someone hat does have the 16 screens of wonder eggs galaxian 3 (screenshot saved to computer and then used as a profile image as a reminder of galaxian 3). If I could find someone that has 16 screens of wonder eggs galaxian 3, I could perhaps ask if I could buy them. Actually buying all 16 would be a lot expensive as laserdiscs are expensive itself. If I spot another 16 galaxian 3 screens in the USA about to get dumped, I would walk to the one and ask if I could buy those 16 laserdiscs.

Toykyle

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 09:40:32 PM »
Tried that cheat code long time ago, but don't remember having seen any Zolgear footages in there, nor Wonder Eggs stuff?
If any, could you capture them in video?  ::)
oops. I mean the title screen with stars that resemble the attack of the zolgear title screen. The project dragoon intro was actually forages of the pre show only a couple of the galaxian 3 Theater-28 players footage were seen. The rest were the pre show. But the one at the end wasn't part of pre show. By the way there's a website called shifty looks. It has comics like xevious and to my excitement galaga. Let's all hope they bring in the galaxian 3 comic or starblade comic... But also pac man too  :pac: ;D

zxthehedgehog

• 3D Artist, MIDI Editor, & Infrequent Hedgehog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 02:21:07 AM »
The footage from the Wonder Eggs that he is talking about is the intro to the PS1 version, which includes a segment of the briefing from the original Wonder Eggs 2 version.
I have a video here of it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=MevGzBxAgGg
Which is uploaded by...
Toykyle??
Check out my Youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/zxthehedgehog42!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Check, one, two. Seeegaaa...

Toykyle

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2013, 04:47:30 AM »
Yep that's me I uploaded it. Too bad there was no sound to it prior to extracting the intro audio. I'm disappointed. Not just because he galaxian 3 shut down but also because the xevious movie planned for release on DVD was cancelled. All it remains now of them are the screenshots and the information told. Xevious movie was released In japan in theaters as a roadshow. I saw a few reviews but hey we're not good and it said poor cgi, a lackluster, a bad written story and smaller issues.... Whut? Anyway According to the other poster the movie was scheduled for release on DVD on September 25 2002 but was cancelled due to the previously mentioned indicent that groove coperation suffered resulting to Xevious masters becoming unavailable. But there is another way to watch xevious movie hour there is only a portion of it and it was only included in tha of Gemma wars promotions disc featuring actual bits of that xevious movie.

More information here: http://landofobscusion.blogspot.com/2011/08/xevious-its-dangerous-its-devious-its.html?m=1

Toykyle

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2013, 02:09:26 AM »
As of today there is still no release and there is only a few people that know xevious movie. I haven't seen it either. I believe that at least one person recorded the movie but there was no proof. In fact, roadshows possibly banned cameras from being brought to showings like this. It was released august 2002 and planned for release on DVD a month later but was cancelled. According to that article, the head Of the company supposedly took all the money and the masters including xevious masters and ran off leaving the company no choice but to go out of business. Hopefully in this or next anniversary they'll release the movie and perhaps celebrate galaxian 3's anniversary by releasing the UGSF trilogy and the limited edition pre order including the free xevious movie. We don't know what the xevious movie actually looks like but let's dream...

Toykyle

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2013, 02:21:28 AM »
Sry guys you can't see my galaxian 3. Videos anymore. As far as unknown I got a 2nd youtube strike. I had no choice but to remove them in fear of my account being terminated. the 2nd trike was for that pac man and the ghostly adventures preview... Agh it was just a preview it has namco to remove them? Ugh ary guys. As of now I'll only link them to push files I upload. I didn't want to do this but I had no choice. Just because it was just a preview it gives them justification to remove it. Hopefully I'll reupload it as possible as i can on this website.

Toykyle

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2013, 05:42:59 PM »
I have a RAR now, with added video files of galaxian 3 project dragoon and rising of gourb, converted from STRs to AVIs with PSMPLAY. but which website do i go into

zxthehedgehog

• 3D Artist, MIDI Editor, & Infrequent Hedgehog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2013, 05:20:23 PM »
If you're looking for a good video website, try Dailymotion. They basically never remove videos.
Check out my Youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/zxthehedgehog42!
Check, one, two. Seeegaaa...

Toykyle

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2013, 12:07:22 AM »
I guess that might work but I'm not really sure. I also have starblade alpha str converted files but also not sure if I can upload them.