Author Topic: The tallest "Millepiedi" found in Italy - Centipede Bootleg  (Read 11316 times)

baritonomarchetto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
The tallest "Millepiedi" found in Italy - Centipede Bootleg
« on: October 27, 2013, 07:40:46 PM »
 ;D

well, one week ago popped up this cabinet close to my place: the price became nice after a tight negotiation and the machine was close enought to be took up even if not a grail for me (I am more a post '83 guy  ;D)

i suppose this was the laziest roadtrip ever - 35 km  ;D ... lazy roadtrip, lazy driver, lazy topic: here are some pics of the machine after a lazy cleaning... just to keep you posted about the existence of such particular centipede bootleg dudes  ;)

Sidearts: generic silkscreened arts  :shock:

"Millepiedi": i suppose they called this "millepiedi" and not "centipiedi" because "centipiedi" sounds somehow weird ... or maybe a perception of the future?!  :o :D

Yes, the control is a stick: i thought this game was unplayable with a stick but i must say that i was wrong. In addition, the MAME reports the stick as an alternate factory supported control (in the original PCB, a couple of sticks have their own pins to input the 4 directions). They never used those pins in a licensed cab, but made the bootlegger life more easy i suppose...  :)

Monitor: a 17 inches MTC900

PCB: it's a very common centipede bootleg

Less than 3000 plays on this

Unfortunately, i found no info inside the cab to identify it's producer... up to my mind i have just seen generic cabs like this, but i will be more shrewd in the future with this, now more familiar, shape.

"A true Gentleman leaves no puzzle unsolved"

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
Re: The tallest "Millepiedi" found in Italy - Centipede Bootleg
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 07:51:38 PM »
More I see this, and more I think that we -mostly European guys- are lucky! Having so much cabinets/manufacturers variations for a same game! US guys have almost only the 'official' version of a game!  ;D A true heritage!  ;D
Thanks for posting this, baritonomarchetto   ;)

muddymusic

• Arcade Art Shop
    • View Profile
    • Arcade Art Shop
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 09:47:32 PM »
Nice cab  :)
I found a cab made by the same company at the beginning of the year. It's the same shape and control panel and the artwork is quite similar, so I'm sure it's the same manufacturer.

Marquee is 'Magic Maggot' which is a centipede clone, but I think from the other artwork mine was originally a scramble game.

repro artwork supplier, visit www.arcadeartshop.com

baritonomarchetto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 01:52:20 PM »
It definitely must be the same manufacturer! Who knows, maybe this cabs will be inserted in KLOV one day

Laschek

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 10:43:20 AM »
Magic Maggot already has a KLOV entry.
Concerning new entries I can only repeat myself (once more):

I mentioned it before, I am a database editor at KLOV, if you have a new entry let me know and I'll take a look and publish it. If it makes sense  ;D ;)
Please note that I am not able to publish pictures (though I can see them), just new entries or new additions to existing ones.
But I have to say that the way the publishing works is kind of a pain in the sphincter, it's tedious and confusing. And you don't want to blindly publish new stuff without checking the facts. So if you have a new game for the database please try to include pictures of the cab, pcb, links to flyers, whatever proof of existence, this helps tremendously in deciding if it is a valid entry or not.  ;)

baritonomarchetto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 10:51:56 AM »
I sent an email to staff2012[at]arcade-museum[dot]com but no answer.

Anyhow, it was not a critique to KLOV so it was not necessary to "repeat yourself (once more)"  ;D

Laschek

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 12:51:29 PM »
For adding new stuff you are supposed to use the appropriate links, not email: http://www.arcade-museum.com/contribute/
Then the stuff automatically pops up in the respective queue in order to be viewed/judged/edited/published.

baritonomarchetto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2013, 06:35:24 PM »
Ok, i will do. Believe me if i say that i tried to see if there was an "official" form to be compiled and i was not able to find it  ;)

Vond

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2013, 08:51:35 PM »
Magic Maggot! Haha that name is just golden! :D

Congrats on the Millepiedi! Awesome machine! And thanx for sharing the info! I have to admit I really have
a softspot for those bootleg machines  8)

Laschek

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2013, 10:07:42 AM »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2013, 07:12:12 PM »
I love the shape and color use of these cabs!

baritonomarchetto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2013, 07:56:56 PM »
Just published the KLOV entry: http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=18878

it's an honor to be of some help to the museum  ;)

Just to post some additional info: i have recently seen a generic cabinet with the same shape of Millepiedi and Magic Maggot for sale on Epay. Here are a couple of pics "stolen" from the seller. Looks like Digimatic (not really sure if the manufacturer was Digimatic, i am assuming that from the previous KLOV entries) made generic cabinets for some period. The monitor is still a MTC900.

The machine has a door on the bottom for coin recovery, and the on/off switch is placed in the upper part of the machine, not in the bottom rear; These are somehow more "modern" solutions so i assume it was manufactured after the two dedicated cabs.

Definitely not a keeper  ;D, but let me post this for future reference

It's a mess inside: this machine was definitely hacked (the monitor is upside down!)  :shock:

« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 08:28:48 PM by baritonomarchetto »