Author Topic: Italian RetroVideoGaming & Computing  (Read 4144 times)

MacDLSA

• View Profile
Italian RetroVideoGaming & Computing
« on: October 26, 2013, 07:57:02 PM »

Autumn !

As always, time for conventions, trade shows and meetings with a currently theme much in vogue among all "ex - nerd" and also many others who have lived (AND STILL LIVE !) the golden age of gaming entertainment, ALL OVER THE WORLD :

the "RETROGAMING" !

And our small and mistreated Italy is no exception...

Last Sunday there was the event "Brusaporto Retrocomputing", annual show / exhibition of vintage computer hardware and gaming, and I was invited to exhibit a bit of my "material" ...

AND SO I DID !  :wink:

Together with a friend of mine, D.Baldi from a local association called "comPVter" (http://www.compvter.it/), I set up a stand that has been later recognized as "respectable", due to the fact of the presence of some "pearls", not easily viewable "elsewhere" ...

From my side, there is a full-working "Pong" ( Atari - Sears , 1975 ) , an Atari 2600 Jr. CVBS video output modified, my Dragon's Lair MINI-CAB (built this summer in occasion of the "meeting" that I myself organized for the 30th' anniversary of the birth of the most famous lasergame) and a display case containing some of my Atari game cartridges...
On my friend's side there is a DEVASTATING collection of english items, almost all branded " Sinclair ", including a VERY RARE "Sinclair LED BlackWatch" (unfortunately NOT WORKING ... ) and the 80's age style "bicycle-car-starship" :lol: "C5" !

THEN...

a beautiful day spent in the company of many friends and MANY people which occasionally asked information of any kind...
to the point that I came home with a dry throat for having talked really too much !  :roll: :'( ;D

SOME PHOTOS...

More pics HERE :
https://plus.google.com/photos/111662280458631410454/albums/5937527537449058705?authkey=CNaZh6OhiNvAAg

And it's not over...

Just yesterday there was the first day of the "Games Week" in Milan, where in the morning came no less than
NOLAN BUSHNELL
in person  :o :o :o :o :o

who kept a conference and made a "tour" around all the exposed video entertainment machines !

A friend of mine, journalist in the informatic sector (Carlo Santagostino of "Archeologia Informatica" http://www.archeologiainformatica.it/ ) invited me to the event, but unfortunately, for reasons of work, I had to decline that invitation ...
And my regret is SO HUGE !
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Especially after that I did watch an unspecified amount of photos that show a lot of friends "embraced" with Nolan...
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

BUT
for one thing I could say that I am happy !

... because my "Pong", exhibited in one of the windows of the Games Week - Retrogaming museum, had become THIS WAY :

I go to get it back on Sunday (tomorrow)... and , with that autograph of Nolan Bushnell , it will sure become the "pearl" of my small , small Atari collection !

( and if someone would "eventually" steal it, then it will be the time I will call the FBI , the InterPol , the Lieutenant Columbo , Angela Lansbury and Ellery Queen ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! )
 :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:  :lol:
Marco"MacDLSA", Daphne Team
irc[dot]enterthegame[dot]com , channels #Daphne / #Lasergames

Vond

• View Profile
Re: Italian RetroVideoGaming & Computing
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 08:11:20 PM »
Whoa! Major impressive!
That autograph  :shock: :shock: :shock: 8) Paint me jealous!!  :shock: