Author Topic: [the Love boat/container #2 / #3] : A JRs story at the St Bruno... RoadTrip!  (Read 34022 times)

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle

After his first successful import of dedicated cabinets from US (see here), Thomas aka Love decided to continue this 'import' adventure, but this time, it will be TWO containers to manage... a crazy job to organize, but... after many pitfalls...the containers -full of games for mostly members here- are finally arrived! :)
All games have been dispatched in two locations : Berlin & Bitburg in Germany.
I'm lucky because Bitburg is close to me...approx 100km... but ... I'm so lucky that I even don't need to drive so far  ::) ... Stefan aka 'Tyrem 'prosed me to brings cabinets even closer ... at Trier, which is 20km closer for me...
Guys, I feel a little lazy ...and a little ashamed when I think about this? :oops: ... Stefan, please forgive me  :P ;)

Ok so today it's the 6th of October 2013...

What a perfect day to make myself a gift, isn't it?  ;D

It's not gonna be a long road trip, so no particular equipment or food/drink reserve... maybe just this  :arrow:

My last 4 'ultra hard to catch in Belgium' cans of Cherry Dr Pepper, from my private stock. Hope Stefan will like that  ;)

So my gift today will be nothing less than 2 'Nintendo cabinets'... I just have to remove the monkey from my trailer first...

It's time to go..

I told you, it's gonna be a short time...

First mission, getting fresh croissants.... let's try this new 'modern design' bakery, opened since less than two weeks and not to far from my small village...

What? Closed every Sunday? Bad point!  :arrow:

Damn! Hope I'll find something during the loooooooong road trip to come. Hey, already at the boarder of the country?! Welcome in Luxebourg...  ;D  :arrow:

Warrior needs fuel!

Warrior needs food!

Mission successful  ;D  :arrow:

...and after a long travel, crossing the Luxembourg, here's the German border...

...well know for the famous Burger King  ;D We use to go there from time to time, during the lunch time, with my colleagues...

So? SOOO? Naaaa, come on... it's too early for eating something here!  :P

A little bit l8ter, I arrive at Trier!  8)

I recognize the building at the corner, yeah!  :P  :arrow:

Welcome to the Tyrem shop!  After a nice welcome, I discover an unexpected gift? What can this be???? WoooooooWWWWW  :-*  :arrow:

A HUGE Space Paranoids *framed* poster  :-* :-* :-*

A gift from Etienne I was supposed to have at the Eurocade 2013, but because I didn't make it ( :oops: ), I get it today... Anyway, a huuuuuuuuuuuge thank you Etienne! I'm really crazy about this poster!  :-* I had the idea to make this one printed by myself, but receiving it as a gift form you, it adds great value to me! Be sure it will have a great location inside my game room! Thank you very much!  :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

Inside the shop, many cabinets from guys involved in this 'import' story... my two cabinets are here  :arrow:

Few cabinets, waiting their new life in Europe  :)  :arrow:

All these cabinets can't stay in the middle of the shop, Stefan have to move them out before tomorrow! He's very tired because -remember- he was yesterday at Bitburg to unload/load many cabinets for most of us, and he finished today at ...2:00am!  :shock: Fortunately from him, one friend of him is here to help! So no time to lose, let's move my two cabinets out of the shop  :arrow:

;D  :arrow:

A JR story?

Yeah, here's my two new babies... A complete Donkey Kong Jr, and a 'blue Nintendo' cabinet I got for my 'Fix It Felix Jr' project to come! This last one will be a nice surprise for my daughter, and that game is sooo cool... what else? :)  :arrow:

Photo souvenir with Stefan, on the background... the famous Porta Nigra :

Ok, as I said, Stefan & his friend have a lot of work to come... so I'll quickly leave the place! Once again, thank you Stefan for your help on this! Everything was so smooth & easy.. much appreciated!   :)

Fast forward... two country borders later...I'm arriving in my little village... the sun shines...

This is it! Home sweet home...

Trip : Belgium > Luxembourg > Germany > Luxembourg > Belgium
Total length : 2h39min - 167 km on road

Jr & Jr are here & safe! An happy end for me, regarding this container #2 & #3 story! I wish the same to the others collectors regarding their games. And once again, big up to Thomas 'LOVE' for the TITAN work that 'importing containers from US' involves! You're THE man  :)

Next : unloading the cabinets  :)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 08:21:31 PM by DarthNuno »

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
it was a pleasure to have you, bruno. :) i am happy that you arrived save back at your home. have fun with the cabs!
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
I am happy you like the poster, its a early gift for your V3 opening.

I knew you where looking for that poster ;)

Nice cabs also Bruno !

Now start building that FIFjr!  ;)  :spaceace: :spaceace:
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 08:26:11 PM by Etienne MacGyver »

Sonic 1992

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • I Wanna Go Back !
    • View Profile
Great New Finds!!  :D  Love The Poster!!

scr33n

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
 :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

I can't wait for the FIF project!!!  :-*
PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

Galaga - PacMan - Donkey Kong Red Cab - Track & Field Upright - Tempest - Burgertime - Gyruss - Defender - Track & Field Cocktail - Robotron 2084

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber

Vond

• View Profile
How are you going to let FIF to run on that cab? Can't wait to see the results :D

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
Thx guys  :)

How are you going to let FIF to run on that cab?

I will open a dedicated topic for that, that shouldn't be too difficult, just need many cabinet parts missing first...

Unloading the cabinets, quick external examination...

The DKjr is in a really great aesthetic condition  :-* ... and the 'blue Nintendo' one is not too bad as a 'project cab'... 8)

A loooong travel for these two cabinets ?->US->Germany->Luxembourg->Belgium  ;D

Oh, and the Space Paranoids poster is now safe inside the V3...

...just need to find it a great location!  :)

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
Alert! Nintendo cabs flood reports in Belgium  ;)
Glas you finally got your cabs safely, Bruno!

That special forces Kung-Fu Commando marquee is too cheesy to be true.
Definitely a keeper :)

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
Cool cabs and nice teamwork again. :spaceace:
That poster looks awesome, a must have decoration for all gamerooms.

keri

• View Profile
waoww.... a DK Jr... my dream !
and a perfect roadtrip. I would love to have a similar roadtrip from US !
next container, I will be there for sure !
 ;)

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
waoww.... a DK Jr... my dream !
and a perfect roadtrip. I would love to have a similar roadtrip from US !
next container, I will be there for sure !
 ;)

but this time no pickup here, guys. :( bitburg is, as far as i know, not a destination for c4. :(
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

alexkidd

• View Profile
Another cool roadtrip !

I'm curious about your felix fixit project : Does an arcade game actually exist? If so I guess it's only emulation, right? No PCB?

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
I'm curious about your felix fixit project : Does an arcade game actually exist? If so I guess it's only emulation, right? No PCB?

Disney built a custom "Fix It Felix Jr" cabinet, based on regular Nintendo cabinet. Or should I say "converted" Nintendo (DK, Popeye or whatever with that 'standard' shape) cabinets into the one you can see in the movie, as a promotion item to dis-PLAY during the theater release of the movie.
The hardware inside is not a pcb, but a computer and a specific version of the game coded for that cabinet.
I'll open a dedicated topic for this project.  :)