Author Topic: WTD: Williams power supply for Sinistar  (Read 1721 times)

chubsta

• View Profile
WTD: Williams power supply for Sinistar
« on: September 06, 2013, 08:20:45 PM »
Mine is playing up and my problem-solving skills are zero so if anyone has a fully working power board for a Sinistar can you let me know please?

tb lilley

• View Profile
Re: WTD: Williams power supply for Sinistar
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 09:17:15 PM »
I'm pretty sure that Robotron, Joust, Stargate use the same power board as Sinistar, so that might help to broaden the search.

But what's wrong with your Sinistar one?

I'm sure whatever the problem is could be easily sorted.

chubsta

• View Profile
Re: WTD: Williams power supply for Sinistar
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 11:17:35 PM »
Long and sad story...

The cab has a switcher plugged in and was running ok on that but I wanted to get it back to the original power board but that had problems with the voltages. I bought a lad of caps etc and set about doing my first ever repair, seemed to go ok, turns out I am quite good at soldering. Tested the voltages on the test points nd all were fine and the 3 LEDs were lit up so plugged it in and started the cab, get a rug pattern on the main screen which doesn't go away. Decide to check the voltages again and manage to short something out and blow one f the fuses, got annoyed and have decided tht if I can't fix it then I my as well get a new one...

The cab runs fine off the switcher although it seems to have a little graphics distortion at the moment hich is. Problem for another day!