Author Topic: I need help identifying a sealed Escape from Singe's Castle  (Read 11664 times)

CanadaThierry

• View Profile
Hello all!

I am new to the site. While I remember fondly playing Dragon's Lair at the arcade as a teenager, I don't collect Dragon's Lair items. However, I found a sealed "Dragon's Lair - Escape from Singe's Castle" at a local Salvation Army but I can't figure out which system it is for! There's no indication on the box if it is for PC, for Atari ST, for Amiga... The date on the box is 1990 and it does specify that the screenshots in the back are for Amiga but I can't find any box on the Internet that looks quite like this one... a mystery!

I am trying to figure out what it could be worth as I don't intend to keep it but I am also curious as to which version this might be!

Thank you for your time and consideration,

Thierry

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
Re: I need help identifying a sealed Escape from Singe's Castle
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 11:18:03 PM »
Hello Thierry,

Here's the two versions I own under this 'Escape From Singe Castle' specific packaging   :arrow:

On the left : IBM PC 5 1/4 disk version, on the right : IBM PC 3 1/2 disk version

If you don't count the stickers 'IBM PC/TANDY' and 'AdLib Sound' applied on the left one, the boxes are *almost* the same, I spot one difference... see  :arrow:

On the IBM PC 3 1/2 disk version, it's written 'made in canada'. It's not written on the IBM PC 5 1/4 disk version.

The Amiga version has a different packaging... so you obviously own the IBM PC 3 1/2 disk version.  ;)

CanadaThierry

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 05:37:31 PM »
Thank you so much DarthNuno! Looks like I have a sealed version of the IBM PC 3 1/2 as mine also says "Made in Canada". Mystery solved!

CanadaThierry

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2015, 02:47:57 AM »
Hello,

For those who are interested, I am finally selling the game discussed here on eBay. I feel bad as it is just sitting in a box and not being enjoyed. Hopefully this will go to a collector. Here is the link:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Sealed-Dragons-Lair-Escape-from-Singes-Castle-/201256914689?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item2edbd8cf01

Thank you,

Thierry