Author Topic: Open message to Bruno/Darthnuno  (Read 15103 times)

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
Re: Open message to Bruno/Darthnuno
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2013, 09:17:31 AM »
Dexter still posting here, what the hell?

A full ban has been applied to him since September 2012 … but I’m using a special custom plugin (more accurate to fight spam attack than the standard smf tool). When updating the core of this board, it may affects parameters/config of custom modules. This is obviously what happened (parameters resetted). Nobody noticed it simply he didn’t post so far, until André bring back the topic to the scene.

Ah OK, so now he got a full ban?

Nope partial only since this morning (or if not, it should be fixed soon...have some configuration trouble with that special admin module). As previously explained, because of strong words/attack/use of real names/picture used on some topics, he may be able –at least- to use private messages for requests. It’s the law. It’s like if someone writes on a public wall in the street “Mr X is an assassin”, that Mr X must still have the right to contact the owner of the wall, and the person who wrote this.

So you really don’t want to apply him a full ban?

I can, no problem for me. But If I do this, I would have to remove all the words/information about him. If so, how to warn the community about him? Seems that the most important point for some here. What a dilemma isn’t it? I let the choice to André, who started to relate the Dexter’s story.

What about Mikonos?

This is not the same case. No real name used, no insult, no accusation. His topic is more funny than anything else after all... See him trying to deny the evidences  ;D. I could be very mad… I’ll have to pay for something I should have free. He got few days ban, but he’ll get back his access soon.

Are you mad about André?

Not at all. I just regret I cannot talk to him via private messages, and going all public, everything looks like a drama. He is a long time contributor here, and I don’t want to lose its precious contributions.

Is it a usual way to explain your moderation acts, like you are doing now in a kind of FAQ?

Nope. I shouldn’t have even to justify in details, but because André is a good friend (unfortunately  more ‘in virtual web’ than ‘for real in physical live’) to me , like all the regular members here, I preferred to explain the how and why from my point of view in order to avoid any misleading interpretation. It's facts.

So this will be all?

I hope so… I really don’t know what to add at this point. Oh yes, I would like to be a simple member here, and I wouldn’t have to worry about all these technical/moderation/administration or whatever stuff here, and spend more time on my cabinets restoration but also with my family.

Peace guys!  :)

Ronald Reagan

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2013, 10:59:16 AM »
yesterday-evening Groundhogday was on television....

rings a bell anyone?
An Error Has Occurred!
The last posting from your IP was less than 40 seconds ago. Please try again later.

jimmy2x2x

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2013, 03:07:33 PM »
Im really sorry to hear about all this trouble, I don't contribute much but I really enjoy all you dedicated guys working together and living the arcade lifestyle!

Now kiss and make up!

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2013, 05:55:43 PM »
starting a new forum is bull!!! do we really need another one? i vote NO WAY!!! it's going to be the same crappy situation like with the two german forums and the two uk-based ones.

honestly, i can't quite understand your reaction andré. simply because bruno didn't do what you expected him to do because he was following the rules laid out by this forum? if i were you i'd lay back and relax for a while - then come back ....

much worse things have happened before than this!!!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2013, 08:24:54 PM »
starting a new forum is bull!!! do we really need another one? i vote NO WAY!!! it's going to be the same crappy situation like with the two german forums and the two uk-based ones.

honestly, i can't quite understand your reaction andré. simply because bruno didn't do what you expected him to do because he was following the rules laid out by this forum? if i were you i'd lay back and relax for a while - then come back ....

+1
totally agree with Ully!
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

Dazza

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2013, 10:52:55 AM »

Amen. Take a reality check!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2013, 12:33:00 PM »
After a period where my other hobby needed all my focus (participating at the World Music Contest ( http://www.wmc.nl/home.aspx?id=35), which you could compare to the Olympics for marching band music, and a great weekend to the south of Germany I sent Bruno an email and got a quick reply from him.

I explained why I reacted like I did, he explained his part.
I also made an apology about a certain aspect on this whole thing.

For me, we are fully in the clear about this and I'm sure Bruno is too.

Thanks to all friends who sent very well argumented calls/PMs/ emails, I really always value those well thought out opinions from friends.  There was more to this story than meets the eye of the casual forum member here, so for those who drew their conclusions a bit too quickly, please reconsider....

Now let's move on, we've got the Eurocade/Retro Game Experience coming up quicker than you think....it's going to be totally awesome, with the biggest and finest collection of classic arcade games brought together in The Netherlands ever........those who miss it will be sorry ! :)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 12:45:44 PM by Level42 »

anunaki

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2013, 12:36:36 PM »
glad to see you return :)

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2013, 12:46:10 PM »
After a period where my other hobby needed all my focus (participating at the World Music Contest ( http://www.wmc.nl/home.aspx?id=35), which you could compare to the Olympics for marching band music, and a great weekend to the south of Germany I sent Bruno an email and got a quick reply from him.

I explained why I reacted like I did, he explained his part.
I also made an apology about a certain aspect on this whole thing.

For me, we are fully in the clear about this and I'm sure Bruno is too.

Thanks to all friends who sent very well argumented calls/PMs/ emails, I really always value those well thought out opinions from friends.  There was more to this story than meets the eye of the casual forum member here, so for those who drew their conclusions a bit too quickly, please reconsider....

Now let's move on, we've got the Eurocade/Retro Game Experience coming up quicker than you think....it's going to be totally awesome, with the biggest and finest collection of classic arcade games brought together in The Netherlands ever........those who miss it will be sorry ! :)

:spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:
thank god, man! :) good to have you back!
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

scr33n

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2013, 01:51:18 PM »
Good news!!! Welcome back Andre  :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:
PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

Galaga - PacMan - Donkey Kong Red Cab - Track & Field Upright - Tempest - Burgertime - Gyruss - Defender - Track & Field Cocktail - Robotron 2084

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2013, 03:05:16 PM »
Good to have you back, the forum wouldn't be the same without you..  :D

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands