Author Topic: last posting 40 seconds ago my ass  (Read 5446 times)

Ronald Reagan

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
last posting 40 seconds ago my ass
« on: May 01, 2013, 02:49:00 PM »
as for the 1000th time, because I cant reply, only start a topic, here I go again:
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 04:15:09 PM by Ronald Reagan »
An Error Has Occurred!
The last posting from your IP was less than 40 seconds ago. Please try again later.

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
Re: last posting 40 seconds ago my ass
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 03:18:23 PM »
You start to piss me off with your topics titles, complain, trolls or whatever...

1. For technical complaint, first address me the problem, then I can see what can be done...
2. Looks like you are the only one to experience this problem, so I would say to problem with most probably on your side?
3. This is a free €€€ board (for you, not for me), managed by me on my free time...so if the problem cannot be fixed, you'll have to live with!
4. Want help me, wand to help this community, want to fix this problem? Feel free to figure what could be your problem on the official SMF Board support right here : www.simplemachines.org/...

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 03:21:08 PM »
You start to piss me off with your topics titles, complain, trolls or whatever...
2. Looks like you are the only one to experience this problem, so I would say to problem with most probably on your side?

Nope, i got the same problem, at work and at home...  ::)

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 03:24:53 PM »

Nope, i got the same problem, at work and at home...  ::)

How do you fix this? just wait a little more before re-post? Or just log off/log on?
More details would be appreciate to figure out what could be the problem?  ::)

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 04:05:22 PM »
Yes, i wait and log on again...

Ronald Reagan

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 04:06:18 PM »
yeah that was exactly my goal,to catch your attention.

how do you think I feel after typing a reply with links etc and EVERY and I mean EVERY time, I get an error message. Sometimes I just quote a random reply, type in my own message, and backspace the quoted reply, to just make a reply possible. It's annoying
An Error Has Occurred!
The last posting from your IP was less than 40 seconds ago. Please try again later.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 05:44:49 PM »
Hey guys please have a cool beer and relax a bit...

While I too find it annoying to see that message because I am often a quick poster (PMs/board messages) you guys should also understand that these kind of forums are under continuous "attacks" by spambots (sometimes successfully).

I personally am pretty sure that whenever I get that message it is actually true that I posted within 40 seconds. However, I don't think that is the worst about it, the worst is that you cannot simply "wait it out" (another 40 seconds) and then press the submit button again because it won't work.

What I learned to do to "save the situation" is to copy all text in the message I wanted to write (cmd-a, cmd-c, replace cmd for control if you use windows), go back, wait 1 minute or so and create a new posting, then cmd-v (control-v).

It's annoying but Bruno is not out here to deliberately annoy us, quite the opposite I'm sure.

(What really is annoying is KLOV forums shut-down every 24 hrs. somewhere in the morning (well here in Europe) and simply deleting your entire posting if you were writing one without a chance of recovery).

Bringing back the nr. of seconds won't help much I'm sure because I often type a (short) reply within 20 seconds....

I'm not sure if the timing of 40 seconds is so exact....there's all kind of stuff between our computers and the one serving this forum.

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 05:47:39 PM »
testing....

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2013, 05:49:56 PM »
Testing....
-EDIT-
Thats about right, 40 sec.... (but as you can see I got a little carried away, and posted to soon, that´s why the time stamp don´t match...) so enjoy Yoda  :D

« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 05:52:43 PM by Muerto »

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2013, 06:41:14 PM »
let me be more specific: it doesn't happen all the time, lets say 1 out of 10/15 posts...
No big deal to me, but i can imagine that it gets a bit irritating when you got the error message all the time.  ;)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2013, 06:45:12 PM »
yoda makes me seasick!!!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2013, 06:47:16 PM »
yoda makes me seasick!!!

+1 !

and i cannot "help" it, its not located on my server  :D

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2013, 07:28:16 PM »
yoda makes me seasick!!!

Its not Yoda, it´s the Force :-X ;D

and i cannot "help" it, its not located on my server  :D

Nope  :D Not this time  ;D ;D ;)

Sonic 1992

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • I Wanna Go Back !
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2013, 03:14:13 PM »
Hi everyone  :D

It has happened to me before too, no big deal....  I just refreshed browser and everything was fine.

It scared me at first, because I thought I got hacked, and someone was going to mess with my DLF account.

All's good   ;D