Dragon's Lair Fans - Arcade Lifestyle
April 01, 2020, 11:12:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ALS'/DLF' : your daily dose of Arcade Life Style...inside the Dragon's Lair!

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sympathy For The Devil: The DLF Candy Cab Topic  (Read 25192 times)
Level42
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2012, 07:53:10 AM »

Naahhh, I don't think that one is actually mounted. These ashtrays "float around" in Japanese arcades, I actually got a nice Namco one here....thanks to a fellow forum member Smiley

It's a good thing to hold screw and stuff Smiley

That machine has no style and way to busy "artwork" that screams all over the place....I wouldn't be surprised if it was a Chinese fake candy...but apparently it isn't ?

I definitely like the looks of a standard candy much better..

anunaki
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2012, 07:58:57 AM »

I was talking about the speakers Grin

I actually like the white ones alot

ckong
ArcadeLifeStyler'

The Netherlands

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2012, 08:11:35 AM »

It is nice to see guys talking about Candy stuff here, with pro and cons opinions. The pro opinions seem to be more present though.

I must say that I don't like the Otomedius cab that much either, not because of the cartoon boobies, which are just as fake as most 'real' ones of that size, but it's just too busy. I like the plain white candy's with a bit of side art much better.
gyruss
ArcadeLifeStyler'

The Netherlands

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2012, 10:54:29 PM »

I've played the cab in Japan, the gameplay is pretty old school and it has a touchscreen, which was sort of cool 2.5 years ago..

Kinda like the weirdness of it but i wouldn't call it beautiful..... although the lights next to the screen are nice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olhGaqFpINk

Gameplay: www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BYFOUxwSgE

« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 11:09:55 PM by gyruss » Logged
gyruss
ArcadeLifeStyler'

The Netherlands

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2013, 01:44:57 PM »

A few weeks ago Erik was so nice to lend me another game, this time it's a horizontal side scrolling shoot 'em up by Japanese developer Cave, with the name Deathsmiles!

Again, it's a pretty crazy Japanese game and i totally love it, especially the bosses! Here's a review of the xbox port: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zrhtSrcTyc

Got to say the Egret is getting a lot of play, i'm definitively not regretting buying it...  Grin

« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 01:47:43 PM by gyruss » Logged
ElPancho

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2013, 03:12:09 PM »

Fantastic game. You'll have a brilliant time once the scoring mechanism "clicks" with you. Even the sequence of the paths (stages) you select is important. For a good score that is ...

If it wasn't for both Espgaludas this would be my favorite Cave title.

Enjoy!

current line up: 3 x New Astro City 2x Atomiswave SD, 3 x Aero (2 NOS) and Aero Table
Pac Man
Black Knight pinball
On the way: Daytona USA
ckong
ArcadeLifeStyler'

The Netherlands

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2013, 06:22:44 PM »

I miss Deathsmiles.  Cry

Wink Grin
gyruss
ArcadeLifeStyler'

The Netherlands

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2013, 06:23:19 PM »

guess the system hasn't clicked with me yet because my score is terrible Wink  

I'll plug in Erik's neo geo motherboard with multi card this weekend and will start practicing my Metal Slug skills...

Thanks again for lending me all those great games Erik!  
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 06:29:12 PM by gyruss » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: