Author Topic: : Interview : Ikke, Galaxian Theater owner in Japan !  (Read 7894 times)

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
: Interview : Ikke, Galaxian Theater owner in Japan !
« on: August 03, 2008, 06:51:23 PM »
* Hi Ikke, can you introduce yourself please ?

I am 38 years old. I am usually developing software. The place where I live is Kanagawa Prefecture Kawasaki City. It is about ten minutes in the car from home to the headquarters of Namco.  

* Why Galaxian ?

It was in the summer of 1993 that I played for the first time the GT-6. I played it 'till the arcade remove the game.  I had not played a game in the video game corner until 1993.

The person who invited me to this game is bride now. The mission of the game could be succeeded because this very good friend and I played it together. It different now. The mission cannot be succeed ALONE  :-\
We gathered in many people and were playing GT-6. Same place and EVERY week !

Of course, I've played on the GH-28 too. The weekend, I had to commute to the wonder egg (Theme Park) where GH-28 was... and we you can played it up to 40  games per day ! For about 15 minutes including waiting time to play a game once. There was a person who had done 48 times until 10:00AM-10:00PM, too. Because I took a rest for a moment, it is 40 times.  8)

* Your GTeam. On the web, I use to read 'UGSF' team, what does it means exactly ?

UGSF is abbreviation of "United Galaxy Space Force". That is, the thing of military forces that belong "DRAGOON". The person excluding us a lot introduced by him/herself as UGSF.

It was a group of about ten people that we owned GT-6 in 1995
This team has game machines  *Namco product* such as STARBLADE, METAL HAWK, PACMAN, and GEEBEE excluding theGT-6 now. On April 2008 (when we assembled GT-6) we recruited the people who helped us. Around 30 people gathered. When the machines was moved to a warehouse today ahead of that, about 50 people gathered. Whenever something is done, a lot of volunteers are helping.

* Your GT-6 from 1995 ... until now and the famous assembling of it ;-)

When we bought GT-6 in 1995, it assembled it underground in the building. It took one whole day only for assembly. Afterwards, time was spent on the adjustment of the projector and the repair of the equipment, etc.

We resolved in January, 2008, and moved to a present place. At that time, about 50 people gathered. GT-6 was resolved in only 2 hours and 30 minutes. It assembled it in April, 2008. The appearance at that time is the other day's photograph.

Our GT-6 was bought from a used shop of game machines. When we bought the game, it was 'Zolgear' equipped. We play Zolgear sometimes, but we usually play the original mission, Project Dragoon.

* Buying a  game in 1995 should be very expensive at the time ? you or members of your team were maybe arcade operators ? Did you buy it brand new ?

The machine that we bought is a used machine. In Japan, a big game machine that became old is abandoned. It is because there is no location. GT-6 was able to be bought because it was large by a price that was lower than it thought.

* So now your GT-6 is fully playable. It is on free play now ? I see on pictures other arcade games. Your local is on a private or public location ?

It's fully playable. It is on free play. Our room is a private location.

* Do you have some contact with Namco, regarding by example some technical questions, parts to order ?

It contacted from the video game corner where the friend had been working before. It is not possible to contact directly because the video game corner gave up the business now.

* Project Dragoon or Zolgear ? What is your favorite one ? Is it easy to switch the games in the GT-6 ?

My favorite is Project Dragoon. It takes time because PCB are pulled out and ROM have to be replaced.

Many thanks for taking some time to answer me in English ...and I'm sure it must not be easy  :-*

For those who missed it, have a look at this story right now  :arrow:

:-* :-* :-*

Sonic 1992

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • I Wanna Go Back !
    • View Profile
Re: : Interview : Ikke, Galaxian Theater owner in Japan !
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 07:09:50 AM »
Awesome Bruno!!  Being able to meet someone who has already walked down the path you're about to go on!! ;D

Maybe you can ask him to give you a hand in the future.. when it's time to put yours together??  ;)   :spaceace:  :spaceace: