Author Topic: WTB Dragon's Lair and or Dragon's Lair II  (Read 4256 times)

Currycowboy

• View Profile
WTB Dragon's Lair and or Dragon's Lair II
« on: October 08, 2012, 12:34:44 PM »
Hi I am after either of the Dragon's lair uprights. I am unsure which is most compact size (Atari,cinematronics or sidram), I have to get through a narrow doorway and lobby so 680mm is the widest I can go. Can anyone help me please. It isn't right to be playing this on the PS2 I need a cab!!! ;D

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
Re: WTB Dragon's Lair and or Dragon's Lair II
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 12:54:22 PM »
get away, i want a dragon's lair as well ;) :P 8)
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Dazza

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 04:00:50 PM »
DL2 is a big beast, according to:
http://www.dragonslairii.com/arcade/DL2/Cabinet/default.asp

It's 27.5 inches wide (698.5mm), so won't fit through :(

Derezz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 11:15:01 PM »
The Atari and Cinematronics cabs are identical, it's just DL2 that's a tad wider. (as mentioned above)

Besides, If you're that desperate, BUILD one dude! There's plenty of ways on t'internet to get a really nice looking DL cab, and you can go the 'Daphne' route perhaps? Just a thought.  ;D I shall slink of back off under my stone  :P
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 12:40:31 AM by derezz »

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 06:58:23 AM »
Besides, If you're that desperate, BUILD one dude! There's plenty of ways on t'internet to get a really nice looking DL cab, and you can go the 'Daphne' route perhaps?

without wanting to step on anyone's toes, building a cab yourself is just not original. i know, i know, slapping on repro artwork isn't original either, but imho at least the base has to be made of the original (smelly) wood!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Derezz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2012, 04:53:20 PM »
without wanting to step on anyone's toes, building a cab yourself is just not original. i know, i know, slapping on repro artwork isn't original either, but imho at least the base has to be made of the original (smelly) wood!

...IF you can find an original cab in the first place. They're getting very rare these days...

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2012, 05:19:56 PM »
Easy enough to make wood smelly....

Tup

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2012, 07:36:28 PM »

Ah yeah, that smell! I remember the first time I opend up my DK Jr. and smelled the wood. I know exactly what you mean  :)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2012, 08:02:33 PM »
Next Eurocade we will mix all the cabs, blindfold everybody and give them the order to find the cab(s) that they brought by recognizing the smell  ;D ;D ;D

Currycowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2012, 12:24:25 AM »
What's everyones opinion on the ultracade 20th anniversary edition of DL? what money do they normaly change hands for? I am a bit resricted on size and this machine is quite small.

leeram

• View Profile
    • Eckychap
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2012, 08:13:54 PM »
You'll be lucky to get an Atari. Cinematronics are the easiest to get, cheapest to buy and to maintain. I have an Atari DL and an Atari Space Ace. I have owned a Cinematronics but it just wasn't right for me. It's far easier keeping the Cinematronics running though.

DL2 is a bit of a beast in terms of size but the cheapest of the three. I had one of those too but had to sell it to make room. If I ever get a double garage I'll be getting another one.

Are there any Ataris actually for sale anywhere?

Cheers

Lee
My Ramcade Blog ¦  My Personal Blog
E-mail: leeram@leeram.com  Twitter: @Leeram

Currycowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2012, 03:27:20 PM »
I have now bought a DL II and an ultracade (Finny) which has DL installed trying to source space ace and DLIIdisc for it now.

chubsta

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2012, 10:28:51 AM »
I have now bought a DL II and an ultracade (Finny) which has DL installed trying to source space ace and DLIIdisc for it now.

Nice one! I am forced to use Daphne to play them on one of my Mame cabs and it really isnt the same...

Must be a nice collection you are building