Author Topic: How many cabs will fit in a van?  (Read 8846 times)

Love

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
How many cabs will fit in a van?
« on: September 23, 2012, 02:39:50 PM »
How many standard cabs can I squeeze in a van like this (shipping space is 4,56m x 1,95m x 1,80m)?

Looking for a container. Doesn't matter if full or empty. Doesn't matter if working or complete ... And all things Exidy!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Re: How many cabs will fit in a van?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 02:54:10 PM »
We had a similar van during Eurocade, but I think this one has a longer tail behind the rear wheel.

I don't remember exactly but we had to run 2 times with all my cabs back, and of course on 1 run we had the SW cockpit.
I think we had 6 or 7 uprights during the first run. The really high cabinets you need to put in "front down" first and not the other way around as you will not be able to get them vertical again if you move them in "laying back" on a hand truck.

For this, I strongly advice you to get a van like this:

...and the tail-gate lift is simply something you won't want to be without if you have to move a large number of cabs.

....however......there is a con to the tail-lift: it eats up a lot of the weight that you are allowed to transport...

« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 02:58:12 PM by Level42 »

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 02:57:30 PM »
i'd say max. 10 cabs, but 8 should fit in for sure!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 09:18:14 PM »
Once thing is for sure: the content of a container will never fit in this. :P
Yes the electric "tail lift" is really really helpful when you have to move a lot of cabs... like you will soon do  ::)
Also about the eight of the vehicule: if you have to bring your cab in the van only by hand, then you have to pay attention to the diagonal measure* more than just the height of the cab.
(* I mean the measure of the diagonal between bottom back point to the top front point of the sideart... or the opposite but then the cab will have to enter the van "face down")
Not sure this is very clear, I'm tired.

caincan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 05:27:19 PM »
the problem with some vans is... they have a good size with angles !  (not with the problem of wheels who cut the size at end of van..).. but cannot transport more than 600kg  :roll:

Love

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 05:33:31 PM »
Alright lets ask the question in a different way. how woud you move 20+ games in one rush? Any experience/recommendations?
Looking for a container. Doesn't matter if full or empty. Doesn't matter if working or complete ... And all things Exidy!

polaris

• veni vidi congai
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 06:07:19 PM »
7.5 ton box van with tail lift? I'm guessing it could take 20 cabs but I'm sure the measurements are available to work it out for sure
just keeping an eye on things

Love

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2012, 06:10:03 PM »
Yeah thats one of the options, but I need a truck driver for this and think I will have 23 cabs or something. Maybe with an extra trailer.

What are the standard measurements of arcade cabs most of the time?

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2012, 07:56:45 PM »
Are you talking the games in the container ? They are already inside a container right ? Just have it transported to your door.

Love

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2012, 12:36:43 AM »
Nope, not talking container, talking 20+ games to pick up in UK.

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2012, 09:57:40 AM »
Are you planning to make the european Funspot? ;D

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2012, 10:01:07 AM »
What are the standard measurements of arcade cabs most of the time?
To be on the safe side I would say something like 70cm width, 180cm height and 70 to 90cm depth but the sizes do vary a lot.

Alright lets ask the question in a different way. how woud you move 20+ games in one rush? Any experience/recommendations?
In this 21m3 truck I could fit 13 cabs including a cockpit and a weirdly sized EM game (and tons of parts on top of everything).

So in a truck for which you don't need a trucker license let's say maximum 14 regular cabs would fit.
(you can also rent a 24m3 without a special license but the only difference is that they are higher so that doesn't really help here).

Cardboards between the cabs are also a good idea because side arts against side arts during a road trip never gives good results.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 10:04:59 AM by chrischris »

slowcade

• Norway
    • View Profile
    • http://slowcade.blogspot.com/
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2012, 10:22:36 AM »
This topic reminds me of a picture I found on a random Google search!

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2012, 10:38:47 AM »
Nice! I'm a sucker for this kind of cheesy airbrush art... so typical from the local fairs from my youth.

Love

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2012, 11:04:25 AM »
Speaking of Airbrush. I bought a book with japanes tv action figure merchandize toys the other day. They are quite ... weird.

And make a lot of use of airbrush effects.   :pac: :pac:

« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 11:15:46 AM by Love »