Author Topic: 2x 19VARP4 B/W tubes with burn in, FREE  (Read 1908 times)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
2x 19VARP4 B/W tubes with burn in, FREE
« on: August 02, 2012, 01:02:09 PM »
I have a problem with throwing things away, especially with stuff that still works and -might- be of use to someone.

I have two original 19VARP4 B/W tubes if anyone is interested in them. Both were checked with my rejuvenator and one was "cleaned" by it (lowest level of rejuvenating) to get it back in good condition.

One tube has the "usual" burn spot in the center and has Asteroids burn in, interestingly both in Spanish and English.....
One tube has a black horizontal line instead of the center dot and screen burn of Asteroids and Lunar Lander.

Both tubes are still very nice in picture and with BW vector games these are still usable if you don't mind the burns. In dark(ish) conditions and running games they still look great, although of course I did replace them to get rid of the burn......maybe they are nice as test tubes or something.

Again they are FREE, pick up locally possible, or at Eurocade. Shipping is possible too at buyers cost AND risk.

If I don't have any takers before Eurocade these will need to be "necked" and disposed off.....

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Re: 2x 19VARP4 B/W tubes with burn in, FREE
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 01:04:37 PM »
Picture of tube nr. 1

This picture was taken outside in bright sunlight so it shows the burn in its worst possible way:

photo by Level_42, on Flickr

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 02:13:30 PM »
I hate to throw away stuff. Could I have the one with 'just' the Asteroids burn in, please?  :)  It is always good to have a spare tube for a B/W monitor.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 03:38:11 PM »
By all means, it is yours !!

I hate it too, but I have too many tubes and still to be repaired monitors laying around as it is....and space is rather limited at my premises....

If you want both, they are yours and you can switch to the other if you want still...

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 04:15:23 PM »
By all means, it is yours !!

I hate it too, but I have too many tubes and still to be repaired monitors laying around as it is....and space is rather limited at my premises....

If you want both, they are yours and you can switch to the other if you want still...

Thanks, one is enough.  :)