Author Topic: WTB: Galaga 88 PCB  (Read 8882 times)

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
WTB: Galaga 88 PCB
« on: July 27, 2012, 04:36:03 PM »
Hello everybody!

First I´d like to introduce myself. My name is Stefan, 41 years old.... male! ;)
I run a videogamestore in my hometown Trier/Germany for 13 years now and I am a big fan of this board although I kept silent for most of the months and years here.

I was hoping to find a Galaga 88 Jamma-Board... but as I found out lately those little babies are hard to get.
That´s why I came here today. Maybe someone here has an idea how to get one.

I´d be very thankful for any help i can get.

Greetings from Trier
Stefan
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

Love

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
Looking for a container. Doesn't matter if full or empty. Doesn't matter if working or complete ... And all things Exidy!

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
Re: WTB: Galaga 88 PCB
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 04:57:40 PM »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140809941343&item=140809941343#ht_600wt_1396

price is not THAT off  :pac:

yeah, true. saw that one last night, too. was hoping to get one in europe though... but if the price is okay I´d also buy it from him. :)
cheers mate!
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

Love

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 05:02:51 PM »
well i dont think its okay ;)

but its not tooo much too much either

http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=239754&highlight=galaga+88+pcb
Looking for a container. Doesn't matter if full or empty. Doesn't matter if working or complete ... And all things Exidy!

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 05:12:07 PM »
well i dont think its okay ;)

but its not tooo much too much either

http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=239754&highlight=galaga+88+pcb

I just bought it for 229 euro, shipping to germany included. i guess that is a fair deal. :)
i am a happy bunny now! thank you again. great board, great people. can´t wait to play that game again.
back in the golden times we had one machine in my fav pub. completet it there several times. :)

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2012, 11:26:34 PM »
Great you got the game, any chance you will show a photo or 2 of your setup? - and welcome here BTW!

Cheers
Michael Trier (yep, thats my name  8) )

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2012, 12:04:23 AM »
Great you got the game, any chance you will show a photo or 2 of your setup? - and welcome here BTW!

Cheers
Michael Trier (yep, thats my name  8) )

of course I will, Michael. I have to put it in my sitdown cab. it used to run a 60in1 till now... and that leads me to aproblem I did not think about so far... the 60in1 has vga and audio-out. the galaga 88 does not have those features. i guess i will take the sound from the jamma harness... but what about the vga output? a total newbie-question for sure... but is there an easy solution to my problem? :)

and by the way... what a coinsidence with your last name. :)

Love

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2012, 03:58:18 AM »
I have a Galaga 88 cab offered to me in the US if anyone is interested  :pac: :pac:

TimePilot

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Atari enthusiast from eastern germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2012, 08:19:04 AM »
Hello Tyrem, welcome on DLF! :pac:

I have restore my original cab, the thread on dlf you can find here:
https://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php?topic=3335.0

and, i have a second original pcb, but there its not working atm. i have buy it for 160 EUR from the infamous austrian seller from vienna in working order, but arrived by me shows that nothing worked! >:( >:( >:(
if you are interested you can have it "as is" for 99 EUR +sh, otherwise i have a nice guy in germany they will repair it, if possible. so then it is for spare.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 08:46:38 AM by TimePilot »

TimePilot

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Atari enthusiast from eastern germany
    • View Profile

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2012, 08:57:31 AM »
I found my board yesterday. Not as cheap as the 199-one... but just about 200 with shipping from the states included. :)

big thanks to everybody who wants to help me. my problem now ist how to connect ist to vga. anybody with a very simple solution for an absolute beginner? :)

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2012, 09:01:28 AM »
Hello Tyrem, welcome on DLF! :pac:

I have restore my original cab, the thread on dlf you can find here:
https://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php?topic=3335.0

heyho... i can assure you... I SAW YOUR POST. :D
i think it was one of the reasons to get me a galaga 88 pcb. somehow this is my game. it also was one of my first games for the pc engine. i still own it.

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2012, 09:04:06 AM »
I have a Galaga 88 cab offered to me in the US if anyone is interested  :pac: :pac:

uhhhhh.... how much would that be?
any chance to get an original moon patrol, donkey kong, track & field? :)

those are the machines i would kill for. ;)

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2012, 10:50:42 AM »
....  my problem now ist how to connect ist to vga. anybody with a very simple solution for an absolute beginner? :)

first, welcome here.

second, there is a simle answer, you can´t  :o

Galaga´88 is a 15K lowres game, it doesn´t output VGA signals.

The only solution to use it on a VGA monitor is to hook up additional devices, like a cga2vga scaler and a sync splitter. And of course a SLG3000 for the scanlines. You can check out Bencao74´s website for more info about that.

But please don´t use thta equioment, you don´t really want to use a VGA monitor. The game is intended to use with a 15K monitor, so why not hook up one of those?

But to be honest, I am a bit amazed that you thought that you could hook up a Galaga ´88 PCB directly to a VGA monitor! Obviously you didn´t do a lot of research on forehand.

By the way, the price of a Galaga ´88 board has increased extremely over the last few years, I sold mine little than two year ago for € 120!!! And still made a little profit!!!  ::) I know now that I should have kept it.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 10:56:09 AM by ckong »

Love

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2012, 11:13:01 AM »

uhhhhh.... how much would that be?
any chance to get an original moon patrol, donkey kong, track & field? :)

those are the machines i would kill for. ;)

I just get about 50 games together for a container from the US to EU later this year. So if you want to join in here is the thread:

https://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php?topic=3726.0

The Galaga 88 that was offered to me would be about $450 shipped to the warehouse in the US. Add another $150-200 for shipping to Bremerhaven, Germany and €50 fee for me and that should be about what it would cost you. The other games you mentioned are possible to get there too.