Author Topic: 'The Act' - Now available on itunes  (Read 4278 times)

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
'The Act' - Now available on itunes
« on: June 21, 2012, 07:20:40 PM »
Hell yeah, 'the Act' is now available on iOS, just right here.

What is 'The Act'?

The Act is an arcade video game produced by Cecropia in the United States in 2007. The game is a unique interactive cartoon featuring the hand-drawn art of a number of former Disney animators. It was test marketed in selected locations throughout North America in 2006, and it received generally favorable press coverage. However, the game was canceled in late 2007, and Cecropia shut its doors in early 2008.

Yes, like Dragon's Lair  ;)  :arrow:

The objective of The Act is to guide Edgar through a series of interactive scenes, each of which has a specific goal. The scenes vary in length, style and goal, but the player controls Edgar in each scene by way of a single control knob. In some scenes, the knob controls Edgar's level of boldness as he attempts to flirt with Sylvia, while other scenes control him more directly as he attempts to perform the Heimlich maneuver on his boss or run down a series of narrow hallways while dodging obstacles. If the player fails the scene's objective, the scene ends, then quickly rewinds back to the beginning to be played again. The player is given three attempts per credit; The game ends when the player either uses up all of his or her attempts, or successfully completes the last scene.

A quick review of the game on this video.

:spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Re: 'The Act' - Now available on itunes
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 10:28:59 PM »
Uh......do I dare to admit that this looks like fun..... :)

I read about it when it was "released".  I even like the "cab".