Author Topic: [Cosplay] Princess Daphne by Birghita13 (USA)  (Read 33777 times)

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
[Cosplay] Princess Daphne by Birghita13 (USA)
« on: June 20, 2012, 02:44:01 PM »

Found a new  Princess Daphne in United States! Check out this *work in progress* cosplay by Birghita13
  :arrow:

Very nice...and as always regarding a 'Princess Daphne' cosplay, the girls should not be too shy.  ;)
Ok, I'm trying to contact her for more details.
Stay Tuned.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Re: [Cosplay] Princess Daphne by Birghita13 (USA)
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 04:20:19 PM »
I like. Better than those almost starved-to-death models.... she looks 100% woman to me :)

And a nice face... :spaceace: from me...

She -should- get a better location to shoot though, or at least clean up the room a bit  :P

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 04:41:52 PM »
agree, about the girl and the location.  ;D ;)

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 06:19:31 PM »
As promised, here's the exclusive interview for DLF'  :)

Hi Birghita, can you introduce yourself please?

I'm Brigid, 20 years old, from Washington State (USA)

Cosplay is mostly about video game... Do you play video games ?

I do not really play video games much, though I like some arcade games.

Did you try to play the game "Dragon's Lair"? Don't tell me no, LOL!

I tried (and failed terrifically, LOL!) I guess I'm like Daphne and need a Dirk to save me!

What do you know about your character, Princess Daphne ?

Well, I've watched the (TERRIBLE) animated TV show that lasted for a little while, but I don't consier TV show Daphne and arcade game Daphne to be the same character. And since there's little backstory given in the game, I know this: She's cute, she's a princess, she's Dirk's one true love. As far as the story of her creation, I know that she was modeled after Playboy playmates and voiced by a female member of the game design team and not a professional.

Did you use the Princess Daphne costume only one time? Why specifically doing that cosplay now? Do you prepare a convention or a cosplay meeting?

I have yet to debut her at a convention, but I made the costume after coming across footage of gameplay while researching Don Bluth's art. I had hoped to debut her this August at PAX Prime, but am still ticketless

No Dirk the Daring with you ?

Sadly, no. I don't have any guy friends who cosplay.

Did you build yourself your costumes ? Is it expensive ? Do you keep them?

I build all of my costumes myself and it can get a bit expensive. It's worth it, though, since I very much enjoy making and wearing them. I have never sold a costume; I keep all of them.

What was the response of peoples regarding the Dragon's Lair theme? Don't tell me your your all alone in your group/friend to know Princess Daphne (and Dragon's Lair)?

Most of my friends had no idea what character I was cosplaying or what Dragon's Lair was, but a few of my friends had previously played the game on emulators. I took the initiative to share Princess Daphne and Dirk with all of my friends and encourage them to check it out.

Any chance to see you in Princess Daphne costume again ? Maybe more pictures? What are your other project to come ?

I intend to do a proper photoshoot in the future as well as doing a professional shoot for CosplayDeviants.com. I have plans to make more costumes in the future, but am limited by my budget.

Brigid

Thanks for this interview Brigid, and congratulation for this great Princess Daphne cosplay. I hope too see more pictures, in a better location that will suit better to the Princess Daphne (close to a castle for example?)  ;)

More about Brigid on his Deviantart profile.

:spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 08:32:25 AM »
New picture (makeup test) :

She is close to being prepared to do a proper photo shoot.