Author Topic: Wreck it Ralph Cabinet and online game  (Read 23442 times)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Re: Wreck it Ralph Cabinet and online game
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2012, 11:20:22 PM »
there might be actual arcade cabs, complete with the wreck it artwork. Just wait and see :)

thery are out there already, aren't they?

Yep the one's Disney did.

I guess someone's converting a Nintendo cab........ :shock:

I'm sorry, I like the game REALLY but I wonder never sacrifice one for this....

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2012, 11:31:08 PM »
No, I don't think that Nintendo cabs would be sacrivised, it would be more like a reproduction run, only the cabs of course, no game inside it.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2012, 11:34:37 PM »
Ah, that sound much better.... :)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2012, 12:58:47 AM »

just got back from the cinema - and guess what was waiting there for us? :arrow:

i also forced charlotte to "pose" in front of the cabinet, but because of her recent foot injury she didn't seem to be too happy about it (or because she just didn't care ;))

of course, i started looking for someone who could tell me more about the cabinet (and who would tell me what's going to happen once the showing of the movie is over). a friendly guy from the cinema told me that the cabinet just came in yesterday and that it still has an american plug installed! did they really import this from the usa? he also said that you could play it with dollars / quarters, but they weren't sure whether they are going to set it up for playing or just leave it standing there as some kind of decoration. i also asked him about the availability of the cabinet and he was kind enough to call his boss immediately who was somewhat "overrun" because he didn't think that anyone would be interested in it. he said he needed time to think about it, but i should get in touch with him later ... :)

omgwtfbbq - that would be the coolest thing on earth if i could pull this off, but somehow i doubt it, because i'm pretty sure it's just a rental machine which they have to give back, but who knows. unfortunately, we were in a hurry, so i couldn't take any more pics, but i will go back for sure and examine the machine in more detail. from what i could tell though, it looked fabulous!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2012, 07:44:17 AM »
Next time you go there bring a stepdown transformer  ;)

I am curious if it still plays DK, or that they did also something with the inside..

joeks

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade Art Repro
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2012, 08:31:44 AM »
Very cool Ully! Didn't think these Wreck-it Ralph machines would make it outside the US.
What cinema company is it? Maybe they bring these machines all throughout Europe then.
Makes Arcade Artwork Reproductions at www.arcadeartrepro.com

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2012, 10:35:40 PM »
i was at the cinema again this week (paranormal activity 4) and of course i had to check out what had happened to the fix it felix jr cabinet. at first i was disappointed, because i couldn't find it anymore and thought it had already left the building, but then i heard (and later saw) something familiar in the children's corner of the cinema :arrow:

i had more time to inspect it in detail this time, they had used a stepdown converter to make this baby work!

what i really like (about this machine in particular) is how they created the used-look: not too much over the top (like we've seem on some earlier cabinets), e.g only three slight scratches on the marquee and cigarette burns on the control panel

the monitor shows some kind of discoloration to the right, but nothing spectacular. i followed the attract mode for a while (absolutely hilarious and worthwhile), but then of course i wanted to play a game (or two). i was surprised that the screen showed two credits, but i wasn't able to start a game - no response from any of the buttons ... :'(

noone was around to ask (for help), so i inspected the cab a little bit further and found this sheet of paper attached to the back of the cab :arrow:

i'm afraid i've fallen in love with that cab :P :-* and i really r-e-a-l-l-y REALLY R-E-A-L-L-Y want to fix it have it! this won't be the last time i've seen that cab ... 8)

all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2012, 07:47:01 AM »
Go Ully, this would be a real unique Arcade History catch. ;)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2012, 10:26:09 AM »
You do realize that no-one yet knows what is inside there.......I bet it's a PC with a custom program.....we need it Ully.......capture this machine and you write Arcade Histrory  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2012, 11:06:24 AM »
You do realize that no-one yet knows what is inside there.......I bet it's a PC with a custom program.....we need it Ully.......capture this machine and you write Arcade Histrory  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

i bet it's a pc as well! how cool would it be to open this thing up for the first time? it felt somehow strange walking into the cinema and suddenly hearing those fix it felix attract mode sounds coming from SOMEWHERE inside the building ...

as for capturing the machine: obviously those have been brought over from the usa. i wonder whether they are going the full length to ship them back after the movie's run is over, whether they are just going to put them somewhere to rot rest in piece, whether they are going to be auctioned off or ... i'll definitely give it my very best to get a grip on that machine!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2012, 11:38:05 AM »
Go for it Ully !

Bug the hell out of the cinema manager/Disney to get it :)

Indeed, sending them back is very costly. That is how one (or more) prototype-styled-artwork Defender(s) ended up here in Europe, they were at arcade fairs but never got shipped back....

You could put on an overall, walk in there during day-time with your arcade tools and ask the next worker there where the machine is and that they'd call you to fix the problem with it :)
Ask for the keys, if not there, drill out with your battery-drill. Copy the contents of the PC to your laptop and walk out whistling  ;D ;D ;D ;D This works all the time in movies and TV series.... ;D

Gee if only I would be brave enough to do something like that :) Anyway, this game needs to "find it's way out"........If you know what I mean ;)

I might be going to the cinema tonight I wonder.......... ;D Oh no, I'll probably find one of Jinkx's replica's :) Whatever happened to that story by the way ??
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 11:47:14 AM by Level42 »

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2012, 10:16:28 PM »
Once you'll own the cab, I can't wait for the epic moment when you're gonna sand the sides and paint them in red... hey, they are scratched anyway so why keeping them?  ;D ;D ;D

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2012, 09:03:13 AM »

You could put on an overall, walk in there during day-time with your arcade tools and ask the next worker there where the machine is and that they'd call you to fix the problem with it :)
Ask for the keys, if not there, drill out with your battery-drill. Copy the contents of the PC to your laptop and walk out whistling  ;D ;D ;D ;D This works all the time in movies and TV series.... ;D

Why all that trouble,

I mean, its easier to dress up like a deliveryguy, take a trolley and a clipboard with some documents and just pickup the cab  ;D

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2012, 09:54:34 AM »
I mean, its easier to dress up like a deliveryguy, take a trolley and a clipboard with some documents and just pickup the cab  ;D

would anyone around here actually pull that stunt off? i wouldn't for sure!

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2012, 10:42:15 AM »
Bring that cabinet in a theater close to me, and I'll do it... in the name of the 'ArcadeLifeStyle' ! ;D
If I caught, I'll be an 'Arcade Martyr'...  8) So do it, Ully (...and do not forget to film everything!)  ;)