Author Topic: Dragon's Lair Sideart  (Read 9361 times)

Dexter

• View Profile
Dragon's Lair Sideart
« on: April 03, 2008, 07:41:39 AM »
Hi all,

Playing with Adobe Illustrator and decided I'd have a go at re-creating the artwork on the serial number one. I don't think I'd release it into the wild (unless Finny says I can) and if Jason needs the ai files I am happy to provide them for to him (for free of course)
It's not 100% yet but getting close  :) If you think this is something that shouldn't be attempted then let me know and I'll take the file down.

What do you guys think ?

Oh and Jason, if you need the CPO and Marquee let me know.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 07:44:45 AM by Dexter »

amadama

• View Profile
Re: Dragon's Lair Sideart
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 05:16:38 PM »
Hi Dexter,
Preserving and recreating cabinet artwork is a great project. Please do not stop! You are doing the collectors a great service by doing this.
Keep it up sir!
Alex

FINNY(uk)

• View Profile
    • http://www.jasonfinn.com
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 06:58:44 PM »
Steve, No Problem with me mate, the sideart on Serial#1 is larger than a standard, the drawing itself is slightly different, the Text is Different too, when I have 5 Minutes I will take a better photo of the Sideart so you can work from that.

Take Care
-Jas
"Aim for the Moon! if you fall short your be with the Stars"

Dexter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 12:40:20 AM »
Thanks Jas,

A closer photo would be good (and of the CPO and Marquee) so I could work on that too.

I've uploaded some other images to photobucket, if there is anything that anyone wants, let me know and I can e-mail the files to you. Also if there is something that you'd like done take a good photo of it and e-mail it to me and I'll vector it  :)

Have a look at the following:

http://s287.photobucket.com/albums/ll124/Atari_Fan/?albumview=grid

I'd also like to get hold of Space Ace 91 sideart (the one that's on your 91 to Jas)

Once I am happy with it all I'll release it into the wild (www.localarcade.com) is where you'll find it.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 01:58:05 AM by Dexter »

amadama

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 04:27:50 PM »
Hi Dexter,
Great job on that artwork! There is a guy who is selling printouts of your stuff on ebay!
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-SET-OF-DRAGONS-LAIR-2-FULL-SIDEART-DRAGONS-LAIR-2_W0QQitemZ290219237709QQihZ019QQcategoryZ13718QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Not cool at all. Did you know this?

I was looking for a set of DL2 artwork and found that guy on ebay. Now I see your photos and they are the same!

Dexter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 10:22:59 PM »
Hi Dexter,
Great job on that artwork! There is a guy who is selling printouts of your stuff on ebay!
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-SET-OF-DRAGONS-LAIR-2-FULL-SIDEART-DRAGONS-LAIR-2_W0QQitemZ290219237709QQihZ019QQcategoryZ13718QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Not cool at all. Did you know this?

I was looking for a set of DL2 artwork and found that guy on ebay. Now I see your photos and they are the same!

Hi Alex,

While some of the artwork I've found on the net and 'fixed up' I think the DLII artwork belongs to Chip from Daphne. Some of the artwork I've scanned in (doing Interstellar next) all I am doing is fixing some of the stuff I've found up and making it the correct size/colour and giving the files away for free, it's up to you to have it printed.

amadama

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 03:05:08 PM »
Ok,
I just wanted to make sure you were aware of this other guy selling your stuff.
BTW: Can you send me a high-res version of the DL2 side art? One of the other forum members here (Mike from Long Island) has been looking for this. I will print out for him on my 44" wide printer.
Thanks!
Alex

agmadama@aol.com

Dexter

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2008, 02:19:04 AM »
Ok,
I just wanted to make sure you were aware of this other guy selling your stuff.
BTW: Can you send me a high-res version of the DL2 side art? One of the other forum members here (Mike from Long Island) has been looking for this. I will print out for him on my 44" wide printer.
Thanks!
Alex

agmadama@aol.com

These files are to large to e-mail, I'll put them somewhere and e-mail you the link.

amadama

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2008, 04:58:22 AM »
Thanks Dexter!