Author Topic: Ms. Pacman / Galaga cab on "Germany's next topmodel"  (Read 3273 times)

Gerry

• View Profile
    • The Thalion Source
Ms. Pacman / Galaga cab on "Germany's next topmodel"
« on: March 23, 2012, 08:03:55 PM »
I have a confession to make  :oops:: While working on my PC, I occasionally watch "Germany's next topmodel" as background noise. Yesterday, I was surprised to notice a working Ms. Pacman / Galaga cab standing in the back of the photo studio.

The design of the kickplate (is that the right name for the front of the cab?) looks kind of strange.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 09:10:14 PM by Gerry »

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: Ms. Pacman / Galaga cab on "Germany's next topmodel"
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 08:27:20 PM »
no offence, but are these models  ???

Gerry

• View Profile
    • The Thalion Source
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 09:04:26 PM »
no offence, but are these models  ???

No  :D. These women are the ones who cast the girls for an advertisment campaign. My text of the initial post seems to be a bit missleading - corrected it.

@Muerto: Thanks for the information.

The cab from the broadcast looked like a restoration gone wrong (or only have way) at first site so I didn't think of googling it.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 08:58:53 AM by Gerry »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 11:39:52 PM »
The one you pictured in your last post is the cabaret version which I've never seen.
The upright is pretty common even in Holland, there's one at (what is left of) the Hommerson arcade in Scheveningen and I saw (and played) one at Eindhoven Airport, at least a while ago:
https://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php?topic=2433.msg30186#msg30186

Can is the original Ms. Pac/Galaga shape, there's a (way too large) 25" CRT in it and with a trick you can also play regular Pac Man.

I've seen at least 10 of them on JFK airport when I was there last summer, they have isles with a couple of arcade videogames (yes) every 200 meters it seems and every isle had a least one of those, plus sit down racers etc.

Gerry

• View Profile
    • The Thalion Source
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 09:02:05 AM »
The one you pictured in your last post is the cabaret version which I've never seen.

Corrected it. I'm ashamed that it's so obvious that I don't have a clue of arcade machines  :oops: ...but I'm here to learn  ;)