Author Topic: Yet another gameroom build log : My ArcadeForge  (Read 48301 times)

PunkRockCaveman

• View Profile
Re: Yet another gameroom build log : My ArcadeForge
« Reply #105 on: March 19, 2013, 12:44:38 PM »
The ArcadeForge is a great place to be ... trust me, I've been there several times and it was always a blast!! Only things to improve: Stack the juke with cds and covers ;) throw out that f.... up Mrs Pac and throw in another great cab. Thats it. Everything else is brilliant.

Btw: the OW will be in good company and stays in the family. ;) This summer is the "Official Cave Summer of Expansion". I will not hijack this thread of course :D

bencao74

• View Profile
    • ArcadeForge
« Reply #106 on: March 19, 2013, 02:41:27 PM »
;)

the Mrs. Pacman is now removed. I gave back to Olli. The CRT was burned beyond anything imaginable. The chassis was damaged, too, hence a chassis without a CRT makes no sense ;) Further I`ve found only boots of the Mrs. Pacman that the complete harness must be changed. Then the PSU was 110V midway. No way to configure them like the Atari ones to 220V, so the PSU must also be replaced. Ok, means I`ve only the bare shell ;) The artwork had some severe damage, the CPO was also in bad shape. So I gave it up. ;)

For the Juke I`ve burned dozen of CDs with 4x speed. But no one was playing. So I went to a shop that offer used CDs and buyed orignial ones. The Juke is now stocked with 30 cds.

bencao74

• View Profile
    • ArcadeForge
« Reply #107 on: March 19, 2013, 02:51:45 PM »
This OW had an issue with the Chassis, so it has from time to time an aiming issue. The gun will not register always or some fields of the screen can't be aimed. Additionally one can't  be sure if it`s now a technical issue on PCB, Chassis level or on the optics. There is built-in a optical sensor in the gun, then comes the lens. I`m sure the position of the lense is important, too. After the lense there is the monitor bezel, the mirror and then the CRT screen. All parts must be clean to make the gun register with a nice black level of the screen picture.

Finally there`re so many factors that makes this game difficult to maintain. Last issue was speed slow downs, but this was fixed with a chassis cap kit. :) 

Gameplay is ql, but the 2nd level end boss is very hard. After that the game becomes more fun.

Another reason is, that the gun recoil is very loud. It`s ok for gamerooms with a insulation, but this recoil sound can be heard in the whole house ;)

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 19, 2013, 03:26:50 PM »
Another reason is, that the gun recoil is very loud. It`s ok for gamerooms with a insulation, but this recoil sound can be heard in the whole house ;)

Had the same problem with my OW which was standing in my living room... you could hear the sound across the street when my windows were open... and it's just too big so i also got rid of it..

But i read somewhere there's also a smaller version of the cabinet?

btw, your place is really cool, love all those vetor games..

bencao74

• View Profile
    • ArcadeForge
« Reply #109 on: September 21, 2013, 12:17:13 PM »
hey,

here`s an update of my gameroom setup. I`ve added the centipede sold by psykick and donald. Guys, it`s in great shape imho :)

http://bencao74.blogspot.de/2013/09/my-current-gameroom-setup.html

The sidearts have very slight yellow shadow and some minor scratch, I think 2- ;)

CPO has almost no scratched, just a little missing piece at the TB. Colors are good.

Missing wood parts be filled, since the T-Molding shows exactly where to add the filler. I need a marquee. Anyone?

bencao74

• View Profile
    • ArcadeForge
« Reply #110 on: September 25, 2013, 12:14:38 PM »
Okay, here some findings for the centipede.

Some odd voltages on the ARII Board. 36VAC is jsut 19

5V on the game pcb is just 1,9V

Starting to exchange the connectors now and checking the voltage generator on the game pcb.

Neanwhile see here some pics of my second centipede multigame

Cheers :)

Gerike

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 16, 2013, 03:30:49 AM »
Very very nice gameroom, congrats!
arcade for life