Author Topic: Hello from Norway!  (Read 16014 times)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Re: Hello from Norway!
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2012, 09:54:36 AM »
 :spaceace: for owning an original Namco cab  !!!!!
 :spaceace: for sticking to the original Namco graphics !!!

Arch

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2012, 01:02:51 PM »
Thanks, I guess. :) You say that as if it is a real rarity. I know I haven't been able to locate any pictures of my version online, but I haven't really got much else to go by to figure out its value or rarity other than a J+ member telling me it's "rare". Am I sitting on something special here? What would be the decent price to sell this for to a fellow collector you think?
All I wanted was a Pepsi!
Currently looking for an original Wonderboy PCB.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2012, 01:26:02 PM »
That's always difficult. Even though original Namco cabs are indeed very rare in Europe, one will have to like the game of Rally-X. Would it have been a Puckman I'd say it would be very valuable indeed, but even then you will have to find someone willing to pay it. Sadly, Rally-X is really a lot less desired by collectors in general.

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2012, 01:44:37 PM »
ill give you 10€ for it  ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Arch

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2012, 02:23:38 PM »
Etienne: I might take you up on that. ;)
Level42: Yes, its the eternal "whatever people are willing to pay"-question, isn't it. Tough nut to crack, that one.  :? Perhaps one way to go is to do a 1:1 swap for another game?
Oh well, either way, I'll do the refurbishing, and after that I will probably be in the situation (again) where I say to myself: I've put so much work into this, now I can't sell it. :)

Alpha1

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2012, 07:04:04 PM »
Arch,

If it were a Puckman or a Galaxian then easy over 1000E. I picked up a Tank Batallion last year for 475E. I would say a RallyX is somewhere between 475E and maybe 800E for a really nice one.

Anyhow I need you to sell that to me to put next to my Tank Batallion - i'd even be interested in it in the current condition and I can also do trades  :spaceace:  :spaceace:  :spaceace:  :spaceace:

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2012, 07:10:11 PM »
I agree with Alpha's values.

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2012, 07:51:36 PM »
thx for the pics, Håkon, never seen a Namco version of Rally-X before. control panel art and bezel are completely different from the midway version, i like the namco bezel so much more, doesn't look that generic! :arrow:

would it be possible to get a full frontal (nudity) photo of the control panel and the bezel?

about the sideart: i really love the comparison shot of the namco and midway stuff, interesting to see what they did to get rid of "anything namco". thx for sharing

p.s.: at least one forum member is from norway, his nickname is slowcade. guys, we need that user map!!! ;)
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Arch

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2012, 12:39:38 AM »
Superully: here are some pronshots as requested. I can't really understand why Midway decided to drop all the cool cartoons on the bezel.  :D

Olly: Hi! Thanks for the heads up about the price. Not sitting on a huge gold mine it seems.  :-\ That amount doesn't really allow me to buy and import another cab, which would be the point of selling. I might eventually consider a swap though, although I'm not sure how one should go about the practicalities. But I won't be hogging it from a collector who really wants it just to be a sad bastard, so if anything interesting comes up in terms of other cabs within the same range I will of course consider it.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 08:26:18 AM by Arch »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2012, 07:57:49 AM »
Alpha has plenty of interesting stuff for trade ;)

Lovely pics, I always find the combined bezel/cp to look so beautiful on original Namcos.
Must have been a nightmare for maintenance though...

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2012, 10:05:28 AM »
Pretty cool cabinet, i'm not a big fan of the game though..

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2012, 12:43:40 PM »
thx for the additional pics, that bezel is really really nice. total shame they ditched the art on the midway version!

Pretty cool cabinet, i'm not a big fan of the game though..

get out of here, pieter ;) ;) ;)
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2014, 09:12:49 AM »
Arch,

If it were a Puckman or a Galaxian then easy over 1000€.....

When I found my square-buttoned Galaxian and posted it on my thread I have got offers well over 2000€ untestet but complete right away.....there was a big demand on this japanese version while the the round player-buttoned version seems to be far from rare.

I see them them in warehouse finds all over Europe.

I personally would prefer the Rally-X as it seems to be more rare to me and the I dont like the yellow Pacman cabinets so much, I hate the sideart. This is why I digged a Namco-licensed NSM Puckman from my barn raid as it is a lot more beautiful.

The friend who always borrows out his van to me to pick the games is the son of a former vendor. I meet the father yesterday and told him to tell me about the golden time of video-gaming and he told me that he still got an old Rally-X in the storage fully stacked with stuff....but I can have it as it got to go sometime anyways.

Lets see if I have luck and find my second square-buttoned Namco or just a generic cabinet.
I have a dream....that one day....all members of forum are the same....no matter how long ago they have joined, how many games they own or how many posts they wrote ;)