Dragon's Lair Fans - Arcade Lifestyle
July 23, 2017, 02:41:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ALS'/DLF' : your daily dose of Arcade Life Style...inside the Dragon's Lair!

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: :: UK Road Trip #17 :: Midway WACKO ! (featuring guest stars)  (Read 29004 times)
Level42
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2012, 08:15:02 PM »

This is a great picture....at first glance it looks like a regular cab that is "sinking" in the ground...

Hurting fingers/hands/toes seems to be part of our hobby....

My fingernail has restored 100% from Eurocade, but my toe-nail is still not half-way yet !!! I heard it would take a year and I start to believe that it is true ! Smiley

Best luck with that, must hurt !!!

Belike
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Budapest, Hungary

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2012, 08:27:15 PM »

First André's leg, then Bruno's hand, it is a very dangerous hobby. Cheesy
Wacko looks great under the sunshine, I love it!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 10:56:55 PM by Belike » Logged
DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2012, 10:53:41 PM »

Thx guys  Smiley

Yes, do not miss to take pictures of your cabinets when they are outside. Nothing can beat the natural lightning  Kiss

The strange thing about the 'finger' accident (opsss) : It happened yesterday in the afternoon ... and It didn't really hurt... until the night! I woke up several times due to 'kind of impulses' in the finger. And this morning, I could feel a strong pain as soon as I moved the finger  Undecided So this morning, visit to the doctor, and then the hospital for an x-ray radio ... fortunately nothing broken! The pain should disappear all alone in a couple of days... (fingers crossed if I can use that expression in that case  Roll Eyes)
This is the second 'serious' accident I have related to that hobby. The first one while I was working on my Battlezone, I put back the back door... but I didn't put it well... and the back door falls like a guillotine ... on my big toe! Of course, I was working bare-foot! Horror pictures right here)...

Ok, enough blabla, here's other pictures of Wacko I took yesterday on location :

Do you spot my International Karate signed by Archer on the panel?

That following picture remind me how high the Xevious is...

I should put an other game than GL on the right of the Wacko... not a good balance... especially regarding the marquees... but this disposition is temporary! Can't wait to arrange all that stuff for the V3  Cool

Dark ambiance setting = ON  arrow

A little bit more lightening...

What? You accuse me of hiding games in the dark? Ok, let's use the flash!  arrow

Space Ace

Alpha1
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2012, 01:31:40 PM »

Bruno: it is in very nice original condition. I am glad you got it, went to a good home  Space Ace
gyruss
ArcadeLifeStyler'

The Netherlands

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2012, 09:38:27 PM »

Here is a little article (found it on klov) about arcade games as an investment and it mentions Wacko:

#8 Wacko Arcade Game

This rare arcade video game is like pinball with a twist. It first debuted in arcades across the nation in 1983 and gave gamers a way to defeat unfriendly monsters. A track ball and joystick allowed teens to control Kapt'n Krooz'r and engage him in battle against mutants. Essential elements of this rare game include a well greased and responsive track ball, visible graphics, and functioning controls. If the cabinet is still adorned with the original art and paint, then you have found a true piece of video game history.

http://voices.yahoo.com/rare-arcade-video-games-wonderful-investment-5771462.html?cat=15
Level42
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2012, 01:20:50 AM »

Uhhhh weird littlr article.....look what he writes about DK in a red cab vs. Blue cab:
This rare arcade video game in red, not blue, is a highly coveted version of the 1980 Donkey Kong arcade game. It is a special edition in the Donkey Kong series and even includes an extra level that was not incorporated into the exterior blue-painted version.

Uuuuuuuhhhh, WTF ?? I guess he must have been playing one of those upgrade kits with the  foundry level in it ?
Anyway it is total nonsense. I do agree that a red DK is much more desirable then the blue one though Wink

And then this:
The cocktail table version of Pac-Man is highly coveted because of the additional games that are stored within the electronic components. Some of the Pac-Man cocktail tables include as many as forty-seven additional games. The nineteen-inch screen and comfortable size made it a perfect addition to arcades, bars, and hotels across the nation.
Uhhhhhhh....he must have come across a 48in1-ed Pac cocktail......and a 19" in a Pac cocktail ?

Pretty Wacko !
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 01:23:13 AM by Level42 » Logged

Muerto
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Denmark

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2012, 01:46:25 AM »

Uhhhh weird littlr article.....look what he writes about DK in a red cab vs. Blue cab:
This rare arcade video game in red, not blue, is a highly coveted version of the 1980 Donkey Kong arcade game. It is a special edition in the Donkey Kong series and even includes an extra level that was not incorporated into the exterior blue-painted version.

Uuuuuuuhhhh, WTF ?? I guess he must have been playing one of those upgrade kits with the  foundry level in it ?
Anyway it is total nonsense. I do agree that a red DK is much more desirable then the blue one though Wink

And then this:
The cocktail table version of Pac-Man is highly coveted because of the additional games that are stored within the electronic components. Some of the Pac-Man cocktail tables include as many as forty-seven additional games. The nineteen-inch screen and comfortable size made it a perfect addition to arcades, bars, and hotels across the nation.
Uhhhhhhh....he must have come across a 48in1-ed Pac cocktail......and a 19" in a Pac cocktail ?

Pretty Wacko !

He he, i just love when you do that André!!!

gyruss
ArcadeLifeStyler'

The Netherlands

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2012, 09:55:06 AM »

Hahaha, i knew you were going to react on this article!  Grin Grin Wink
Level42
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2012, 10:19:57 AM »

Hey, I couldnt disappoint you guys right ? But uhmmm, lets not mess up this excellent Wacko thread too much WinkWinkWink

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: