Author Topic: Help on getting Cocktail Spare parts???  (Read 7236 times)

Giddygoon

• View Profile
Help on getting Cocktail Spare parts???
« on: January 02, 2008, 12:18:49 AM »
Hi Darth and everyone!

I just bought an empty Cocktail cabinet, Nichibutsu Moon Alien form ebay, it has just the legs and the cab no glass, no monitor, no pcb, now that’s fine because I’m doing a Mame conversion but first problem is that there are no monitor brackets, even if I get a replacement monitor I can't hold it in place, I was going to attach some pic's but I’m not sure how??

But I have looked around on the Internet and things don't look to good for parts, What’s your advice and where is a good place to start looking, also I need the top glass, but I'll probably get that made. If you can help.............I will send pics of the restoration, also I getting an Outrun machine next week, needs work but I can't wait.....................Checkpoint!!!

Giddygoon

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
Re: Help on getting Cocktail Spare parts???
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 05:39:38 PM »
I've done some work on a Taito Space Invaders Part II cocktail game, which maybe is similar to your Nichibutsu cocktail.

Have a look right here : Space Invaders Part II cocktail WIP

You'll see a view including the monitor brackets :

It is easy to replace them with a custom made wood frame  ;)

Regarding the smoked glass, just ask to a shop to do a normal glass, and you'll show in the WIP who to 'smoke' it  ;)  :arrow:

Good luck & don"t forget to put a picture before/after  ;)

Giddygoon

• View Profile
Re: Help on getting Cocktail Spare parts???
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 12:45:38 AM »
Thanks Nuno!

I will keep you all up to date, just for the record how do you post pics on this web site I use an Apple G5 computer, sorry for being dumb but i can't work it out?