Author Topic: Hello from Budapest (first post)!  (Read 22663 times)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Re: Hello from Budapest (first post)!
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2015, 09:34:00 AM »
Excellent that it's at least backed up.....I'm sure Atarimania and the guys at Atariage may be interested in this too !

I'd love to see some pics of the hardware set up needed to run DL on the ST :)

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2015, 09:49:57 AM »
Welcome to the place to be! :)
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

Gerry

• View Profile
    • The Thalion Source
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2015, 09:28:52 PM »
So here comes attached the Thayer's Quest control floppy disc (for Atari ST). Thanks for your patience, mate. :)

Thayer's Quest? I already uploaded the control disk to the net in 2014 ("Thayer's Quest" laserdisc control disk). What happened to the DL control disk?

snakeimp

• View Profile
    • Pinball Museum Budapest
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2015, 12:30:46 AM »
Oh, in the meantime I've discovered it on another forum (uploaded last summer by AtariFan, who turns out to be youuu, Gerry, as I see now). :) After a brief and basic comparison I must tell the disc image herein is seemingly of the same program version as yours, I think.
But please check yourself.

My DL one seems to be dead. Actually two control disks came with my eBay purchase back then. None of the floppy discs seemed original (I mean the stickers, they were cheap homemade like ones). The blue one which had the Dragon's Lair writing on it is for Thayer's Quest, the other one (as I can recall it was pink (!) does not work / can't be read, it's total garbage (also has Dragon's Lair written on its physical label, that's why I always thought I had DL only). On the other hand I was really happy to have found the Thayer's Quest floppy disk in my collection, as the DL control disc is available for the Amiga for a long time.

Maybe Igorstellar (I watched his video you linked) has a working one for the ST, don't you happen to know?

And still no Space Ace control disk been found for now (for any system). :(
"Everything is going to hell, but we should smile all the way." - Lars von Trier

snakeimp

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2015, 03:17:52 AM »
I've just been searching through an essential part of my LD collection now (I had to breathe in some quality dust, of course :)), and have found a two-page manual from LDG for the Software Corner version of Space Ace (it was slipped into the white case of Space Ace). Maybe it's not new to you, but I've never realized I have this stuff, weird. So I was a bit surprised. :)

I took a pic.
"Everything is going to hell, but we should smile all the way." - Lars von Trier

snakeimp

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2015, 03:27:53 AM »
Before packing all these thingies back to a place I really rarely have access to :) I took a photo of the 2nd page as well.

Gerry

• View Profile
    • The Thalion Source
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2015, 07:35:25 PM »
Nice  :). I didn't know the Space Ace stuff.

snakeimp

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2015, 06:58:17 AM »
Nice  :). I didn't know the Space Ace stuff.

I moved a part of my arcade collection to my other flat (the rest is here), and it seems in the meantime I have come across another 2 Atari control floppies for Dragon's Lair and the Amiga remote disk for Thayer's Quest. My Atari and Amiga puters are in my another apartment, so it'll take some time to dump them, but at least they've been found, let's hope they'll work as well! :) Especially these Atari disks (one of them should, I really hope).

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2015, 07:55:17 AM »
Great stuff! Thanks for sharing it with us  :)

xadhoom

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2015, 12:27:39 AM »
Welcome and what a big news the Atari st software that I was looking for 14 years!
How you can share the dump for the ST.
Good news !