Author Topic: How to deal with Ebay seller bidding on his own stuff?  (Read 1613 times)

Blanka

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
How to deal with Ebay seller bidding on his own stuff?
« on: November 12, 2011, 07:39:53 AM »
I have a dilemma,
On Ebay I was bidding on some items that as a collector I really like. But as I was the only interested, I should have won all items for the minimum price. This was not a 0.01 or 1.00 euro start, but around 60-70% of the price the seller asks for in his webshop.
But what happened. I bid on 4 items.
One scarce one I bid 1 euro above his webshop price: I won that
The others I just bid a few euro's above the minimum, just to prevent that if 2 bid the same I win. Another bidder (all the same) won these items. This bidder also was the result my won item went above the webshop price. Just an hour after the closing time, I received a 2nd chance offer on all 3 lost items at the webshop price. Which suggests that the seller and the original winner found out that the winner could not pay and they settled for that! Within 1 hour!
So the seller is using a 2nd account to inflate the price to his webshop level.

Here is a nice Ebay thread on the phenomena:
http://reviews.ebay.com/EBAY-SCAMS-SECOND-CHANCE-OFFER-HOW-TO-IDENTIFY-THIS_W0QQugidZ10000000001398410

What to do? I already confronted the seller with my suspicion, but he is not answering.
Just throw the whole fraud on Ebay employees to explore resulting in none of the items ending up in my house?
Did any of you ever deal with this.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 07:44:04 AM by Blanka »

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
Re: How to deal with Ebay seller bidding on his own stuff?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 08:18:22 AM »
The only thing you can do is to report this jerk to ebay.
You already confronted the guy, so do not expect too much fair behaviour after this, you should rather let those games go. :-\

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 08:45:55 AM »
i'm afraid you won't come out on top of this. unfortunately, ebay is full of scumbags and con men abd ebay itself gives a s*** about that. all they do is raise their fees and imply stupid new rules ...
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Rorsach

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 10:29:39 AM »
It sucks, but all you can do is report your findings to eBay and spread the seller's name on forums to warn future buyers.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 10:50:51 AM by Rorsach »